Domina St.Petersburg
Astoria Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
Angleterre Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
Station Hotel K43(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
Columb Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Boutique Hotel Balzac(St. Petersburg)
  • Room Service
1,268 results
All reviewsgreat hotelmansard roombright colorsisaac's cathedralpillow menucentral atriummoika riverrecommend this hotelsuperior roomnice toiletriesfree bottled waterturn down servicecomfortable bedsrain showerexcellent locationmain sightssparkling wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We visitied this hotel at a trip to St. Petersburg both for business and some touristic action.
This hotel is really a island of peace and quietness in the middle of the heart of St. Petersburg. We really enjoyed the exceptional nice and modern design. A special thanks to Mrs. Irina Morozova, who helped us to make our stay just perfect, but all stuff worked with a great background of good spirit.
We definitely will come back.
Johannes Penzkofer

1  Thank Jo P
Domina_Rus, Public Relations Manager at Domina St.Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Mr. Johannes Penzkofer! Thank you for positive feedback, we will be happy to see you in Domina Prestige!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stood in this brand new hotel at the Beginning of May 2012. Never seen such a perfect hotel before. All staff were very friendly and understand to be there for the guests (perfect service). Great breakfest. Staff speaks perfectly English and also German! Mrs. Irina Morozova from the hotel introduced us in the hotel. Special thanks to her! The hotel is located in the middle of the centre. So we were able to see many many attractions by feet. Also shopping is very close to the hotel. If I come next time to St. Petersburg, I'll stay here again - no doubt. Michael B.

Room Tip: As I far as I know every room seems to be perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We were in St. Petersburg last week and stayed in the brand new Domina Prestige. The hotel is located close to St Isaac cathedral and 15 - 20 mins far from the Hermitage and other spots. I liked that the hotel was brand new. We booked a superior room overlooking the canal. The room was huge!! The decoration might not be everyone's taste but I liked that there was a very big wardrobe with plenty of space for all our stuff. The bathroom was also nice and roomy but a bit smelly sometimes, I think this might be normal in a city that it is built on a swamp. The room was very clean, they also had a turndown service but... I never noticed any difference when we came at night, so I might said, if they ever came in our room they didn't do anything. There were some few mistakes with toiletries but nothing major to be mentioned. Specially when they were so nice to pick up on my boyfriend's birthday (they might have seen it on the passport) and on the day of his birthday they had surprised him with a piece of cake and a nice bottle of Prosecco and a letter congratulating him. It was really nice!! We felt sorry that we saw it after we came back from dinner and we could not eat it.
About the location, I will say it is in a quiet area, for me too quiet. There were not that many restaurants around and some of the streets were empty at night. St. Petersburg is a fast changing city and I presume that in a few years this area will be livelier. In fact I saw a restaurant that was about to open from our hotel window. But at the moment it hosts many official buildings leaving it a bit soulless at night.
The staff were nice and they were really trying but sometimes chaotic, like offering us a city map on the day we left, rather than on the day we arrived.... Also I see lack of knowledge which I feel really sorry to point out, but I have to. We asked them to be so kind to buy Hermitage tickets for us from the internet and print them out for us, but they were adamant that was not possible and they were booking us some tour instead, I kept repeating that it was as simple as buying them from the internet, but they said, that it was not possible. Well, yes it is.
This hotel is nice if you need to be in quiet area and want to go to the Hermitage and enjoy the boat tours, the walk around the Neva river banks, it is also a perfect location for taking the hydrofoil to Peterhof. But as I like to be in a livelier area at night I will probably chose another location next time I go there.

Room Tip: We were in 609, overlooking the canal, you pay a bit more but I thought it was worth it. It is quiet and with plenty of light. There is courtyard rooms which I would not recommend for 1st or 2nd floor (they might be darker and overlooking an glass piramide) and street view, which is "ok" but not as nice as canal view.
4  Thank Europalover
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is a brand new hotel located a block from St. Isaac's cathedral. Our hotel room was two-story, with a loft, and overlooked a canal. The hotel is extremely quiet -- I was surprised how many people were at breakfast. We never heard other residents. You can hear the canal tours through the window, but muted and not a problem.

The breakfast was excellent. Cappuccinos appeared instantly when you asked. A wide variety of breakfast foods including french bread, croissants, eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereals, feta -- catering to all nationalities. The staff, in fact all of the hotel staff, were extremely helpful.

The room colors are bright, ours was shades of green with purple accents. Although it sounds garish, we soon came to love the uniqueness.

Our room was cleaned twice daily, and the house staff was both invisible and quite good.

The only downsides were two: 1) shower ran low of hot water one day and 2) the staff was using gasoline (!) to clean the stairs one day. The smell in the stairwell was bad.

Location was in walking distance of everything -- Peter the Great's statue, cathedrals, the Hermitage, and the main shopping district. As an aside, if you go out the back of the hotel through the excellent restaurant you are right at Nabokov's childhood home.

Room Tip: I loved facing the canal. There was a little noise from the tour boats, but well worth the view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lois2272

Dear Lois2272,
Thank you for positive review! We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by cleaning works on stairs. Hope your stay in St. Petersburg was full of bright impressions. We'll be happy to see you again in Domina Prestige Hotel St. Petersburg.

Natalia Zakharova
PR & Marketing Manager
Domina Prestige Hotel St. Petersburg

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night only, we took Superior room. The room is big enough, has a lovely and romantic style. The bathroom is excellent, though it has a tiny problem with ventilation from time to time. Buffet breakfast was very good. It had a choice of fruit, ham, juices and whatever you may want in the morning.

1  Thank ZNelli