Domina St.Petersburg
Repinskaya(Repino)
US$52
US$114
1,271 results
All reviewsgreat hotelmansard roombright colorsisaac's cathedralpillow menucentral atriummoika riverrecommend this hotelsuperior roomnice toiletriesfree bottled waterturn down servicecomfortable bedsrain showerexcellent locationmain sightssparkling wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

First, check out their website, it sold me on its look and design. I had one of the "soothing" rooms - green velvet wallpaper with chocolate brown bedspread. Each floor is different. All new, very modern, large bathroom. Hotel has a very nice bar and restaurant. They will arrange car service for you, concierge helped with directions and everyone spoke English (except the tv channels). I arrived about 2 am, and both people at the desk were happy to see me. Location was excellent too. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank vast
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I can only say positive things about this hotel. They were incredibly helpful with everything from help with tourist vouchers to restaurant bookings.
All staff spoke great English which was awesome as we couldn't speak any Russian. The concierge desk was fantastic.
The bland hotel exterior hides a vibrant, colourful, contemporary interior. Our room was no different, although the lighting could've been brighter.
A great location too. Only 15 minute walk to Hermitage museum, and the same to Mariinsky ballet.
This place is a must for a St P stay.
Thanks very much!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a 3 night stay at the Domina Prestige. We booked a Superior room as we thought we would be able to choose the colour scheme and the the view as ideally would of liked a Moika river view and not the courtyard one which we were given. We arrived pretty late so maybe that was why there was no choice. When we got to the room it was very nice anyway with a very big bed which was so comfortable! Great big bathroom with a bath and shower, so no complaints there. Room was also big with tea and coffee making, and a little sofa to perch on.

The hotel is trying to be a bit different with is ok but maybe a case of trying too hard and it not coming off quite right, it felt a bit like being on the set of a breakfast television show in the reception! The staff were helpful and all spoke excellent english, but the bar service wasn't so great as no one served us so walked out in the end, (how English of us!) and they did know we were there. Great location, we could walk to everything on foot. So a great base to see the sites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs-Moondog
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well-located, close to the Nevsky Prospekt and from the room you may have a stunning view of the Moika River. The service is excellent. Staff is friendly, kind, helpfull. Everyone speaks English very well. If I come back, I will choose this hotel again and again. We enjoyed a pleasant staying. Rooms are simply huge and cozy. Everything was perfect. Try Domina Cheeseburgers!!! The Nove bar has a really good choice of sandwiches!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have spent 2 nights in Domina and we were quite happy with the hotel.

LOCATION
Very good, very central. On the banks of the Moika river, 10 minutes walk to Nevski.

ROOM
Room was very good in terms of size and equipment. Courtyard view, which is not fine (see more below). Soundproofing was OK but could really be better - there was no noise from the courtyard, and no noise from the other rooms but you could hear everything from the corridor.

SERVICE
We have requested the room with the street view (there were already no rooms with the river view availabe when we have made a booking), clearly emphasizing that we do not want to have a room facing the courtyard. Despite the fact that we have made a booking more than 3 weeks prior to the arrival at the check-in we were told that they do not have street view room for us and we have got a room facing internal courtyard. I always avoid such rooms and always make a specific request when I know that there are such rooms in the hotel. Staff made no effort to meet our requests, which was quite not right as for the hotel that emphasizes the customer-centric attitude. I did not get any feeling of customer-centric attitude of the staff.

In principle this is good hotel, worth visit due to its location and quality of the rooms and common areas. Despite the fact that I am disappointed with the service - I think I will seriously consider Domina for my next trip to St. Petesburg.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple