“A great place to stay”

Domina St.Petersburg
Ranked #9 of 361 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 26 December 2013

A great place to stay-

We were initially in a room at garden level, with windows along the ceiling, wanted more of a
view far a bit more money and were quickly accommodated! Our new room had a view of the river, lovely! The hotel staff was helpful in every way, room change, theater and recital reservations, taxis to the airport. The hotel itself is great for the wonderful included breakfast
(caviar some days!), clean, sauna and workout room, wifi.
It is also very centrally located, all in all, Exactly what I was hoping for!

Room Tip: choose a room looking over the river!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank marie c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels with great service. The location is ideal, the rooms are clean and spacious, the hotel is very modern. The bathroom is well designed, big and clean. The attention to detail is a plus in this hotel, as 3 sets of bathroom amenities for 3 guests, free water and coffee/tea in the room, turndown service.. The breakfast is rich (especially the pancakes are very delicious). But the most important part is the service! The concierge is amazingly helpful, goes the extra mile for all the bookings/ information regarding the city attractions. Everyone is helpful, smiling, friendly and speaking perfect English at the hotel. The taxi service was very useful as the normal taxis cost a lot in the city and not reliable - the hotel has its own private car services which is affordable and luxurious. The hotel is also very safe, as my mother forgot her wallet in the room and they found it and looked for ways to send it to us, spoke with courier companies and offered an urgent bank transfer for the money in the wallet. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. We had a superior room street side. Theirs beds are huge and very comfortable. Spa is hyper modern and very nice. Price is very good. Am not a big fan of the color scheme of the hotel but that s my personal taste. We didn't take breakfast there because too expensive for what we eat in the morning. Just went around the corner in coffee shop or at Bushe.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelolou
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our stay at domina prestige was wonderful. The hotel is beautiful, comfortable and clean! I have never seen the staff as courteous as I did at domina prestige, st. Petersburg. The staff is always ready to take the extra step to help you out! The rooms r very beautiful and remarkable clean. Also the location is exceptionally good. 5 min walk from the first stop of hop on hop off city tour bus, 10 mim walk from mirinsky theatre, right in ghe middle of lots of restaurants, though the night clubs are about 15 to 20 minutes walk. I think it is a great choice. Me and my wife loved it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VarunR207
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is great. The service is superb from the moment you arrive: one guy was opening the taxi's door while the other was getting the luggage. There were young people working at the reception/bar and they all spoke English fluently, welcoming you in an informal but appropriate way. Someone walked me to my room to explain really everything (this is how you turn on the light, don't pull the emergency string for fun, etc), bit too much if you ask me but again perfect service. Bag arrived 90 seconds later. It all works and it makes you feel welcome.

The room was a mix of modern and classy interior, with a loungy atmosphere. Spacy bathroom, good bed. Breakfast menu is broad in choice, including fish, smoothies, blinis (pancakes) etc. Minor detail: there were only flavored yoghurts (and I prefer natural), but I guess that is what they consider luxury. Good coffee in the bar, also nice for a drink at night and smooth music.

The location is perfect, walking distance from the Hermitage, the state university, the big churches and Nevsky prospect. Taxi to the station is 10 mins/RUB500. They can order limo service on your hotel bill, good choice as you get a big comfortable car (big Merc and fresh water in the back seat) with a friendly English speaking driver and it is not much more expensive than the taxi's (that can be horrible).

Service stands out in this hotel: Apparently I left my glasses in the hotel room and only found out when I got back to Amsterdam. The reception called me that my glasses were found. Of course I considered going back to book another night in this great city ;-) However, Elena arranged a courier to send it back to Europe (which is some work, dealing with customs documentation, translating etc). Total cost around RUB5000/EUR120. She e-mailed/called several times to give status-updates and did a good job as the package arrived yesterday.

All-in-all, the best in this hotel was the service and the cool people working there. Although the hotel is comparable to W hotels, I like that it is not part of a chain - it has its own identity and you feel that the people make an extra effort to ensure that you enjoy your stay much more than in chain hotels like W, Kempinski or equals.

Clearly, I would stay here again (but pack my glasses upon leaving)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vincent T
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week ! Great location for sightseeing , nice staff, good food, huge bed and cool room - they even give you a pillow menu to order from! For socialising at night you will need to go elsewhere as it's a little quiet!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Eveleen O
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I spent several days at this lovely boutique hotel near St. Isaac's Cathedral. The accommodations were superb and the service was excellent. We stayed at other hotels in St. P and in Moscow and none compared with the Domina, especially value for the money. Don't let the creative decor put you off. We found the color scheme in our room vibrant, invigorating, but also soothing, like our own private boudoir. The king sized bed was extremely comfortable. The tub was big enough for two and the bidet was a welcome luxury. The hotel also has a great exercise room in the basement, with state of the art showers, steam rooms and saunas. The breakfast buffet was convenient, delicious, and ample; a great way to start a day sightseeing all the wonderful attractions nearby. The English-speaking staff were particularly great, making us feel like family. The bellboy offered to escort me to the nearby pharmacy for some cold medicine, and the desk staff provided a liaison for us with the St. Petersburg PD when our camera equipment was stolen while at a restaurant. The Domina is great!

Room Tip: Request an interior room away from the Moika embankment.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple