“2 Great Days with Roman!”

Your Guide in Saint-Petersburg - Tours
Ranked #71 of 340 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear guests! My name is Roman, I'm guide accredited by the Government of Saint-Petersburg. From 2009 my activity has been connected with traveling business in St. Petersburg. I have a wide working experience as an individual tour guide for private tours in St Petersburg, and as guide for tour groups. As a private guide, I have been granted the right to provide tours for individuals and for groups, in museums of St Petersburg and the city by being certified with a confirmed state license. If you are going to visit Saint-Peterburg, I could offer my services as a private guide with a car. My mission is to show St. Petersburg - how it actually is, including palaces and cathedrals, parks and quiet alleys, wide streets and incredible panoramic views. Welcome to St Petersburg!
Manila
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“2 Great Days with Roman!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Roman is a very knowlegeable guide. He was able to cover all the MUST SEE of St Petersburg, Russia and even arranged for a driver/ van for us to the ballet show,shopping and airport transfer which made us more comfortable and easy all throughout.

Thanks to you Roman for our memorable and wonderful trip in St Petersburg...

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kimby_Chua

California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Feedback on Private Guide in St. Petersburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This past summer my husband and I had the privilege to visit Russia for three weeks as part of our two-month vacation. We are experienced travelers and wanted an experienced guide for St. Petersburg. Upon reviewing the internet, we came across the rave reviews of Natalya in St. Petersburg. We were new to Russia and wanted a first blush and some depth to our visit. We used the services of Natalya German-Tsarkova of Original Tours for 4 days and were thoroughly pleased with our decision. Her English was splendid and her knowledge of her country's history was just what we wanted. Our perspective of Russia was typically American biased, yet we craved her perspectives. Natalya corrected us on many occasions and gave us her unbridled viewpoints. We didn't have to agree necessarily, but we admired her passion and applauded her passion about her country nonetheless. Why else would we have come? On many occasions we wanted her to stop with the history and let us capture on film the beauty of what we were witnessing—she eventually relented. She would back off and allow us our absorption. A trip cannot be enthused without the genuine feelings of the guide permeating the day's presentations. We loved her knowledge and the passion she showed us in presenting a glimpse of her Russian empire.
A quick note: Natalya is coming to visit us in America soon and we want desperately to give her, in return, a quick glimpse of our American life. I believe we have made a friend.
A synopsis on both the Moscow and St. Petersburg portion of our trip will follow.

Visited June 2012
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Catherine Palace and Petergof”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We booked Roman as our tour guide a week before we got to St Petersburgh. The Euro 150.00 package cover for 2 people for 4 hours w/ a car, tickets for The Catherine Palace and Petergof. We were quite mesmerized of the rich history and beautiful sights esp when most part of it was restored after he World War II. He is like my European History Professor or a walking encyclopedia of St Petersburg. He is quite versed on all specific areas, detail oriented and history.

The only set back was; our driver is like going to a Formula 1 Race and the Additional Charge for the car, driver and his time for the extended hour which we were weren't prepared; sort of taken a back and he should at least inform a head of time before the trip and be conscious of time. :-(

Over all we were happy of him being our tour guide and get to know the rich history of Catherine Palace and Petergof. We ll surely recommend Roman to our family and friends to see the best of St Petesburgh.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank MadonnaDaSilva
The Hague, The Netherlands
“City guide St.Petersburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

To Roman; A big thank you for your wonderful and insightful city tour through the historical center of St. Petersburg! As my first time visit to St. Petersburg I must say that I really had a good first impression thanks to your inspiring tour! And you know what they say about first impression.... Although the 3 hour tour was on the short side it was good to get to know the major historical attraction at a glance and to find how much the city has to offer. Overall I think the city has so much to offer on historical and cultural perspective that it would require several visits of many days to really see all the historical sites. Your knowledge of the city and its history and your attention for detail was really educational. I would recommend anyone visiting St. Petersburg to use the service of a guide, without it you would miss the most interesting part. And I definitely could recommend Roman as your guide, he command the English language very well and his tour service is really good value for money!
Eddie from Holland