“Two romantic bridges on the Griboedov Canal”

Your Guide in Saint-Petersburg - Tours
Ranked #73 of 391 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear guests! My name is Roman, I'm guide accredited by the Government of Saint-Petersburg. From 2009 my activity has been connected with traveling business in St. Petersburg. I have a wide working experience as an individual tour guide for private tours in St Petersburg, and as guide for tour groups. As a private guide, I have been granted the right to provide tours for individuals and for groups, in museums of St Petersburg and the city by being certified with a confirmed state license. If you are going to visit Saint-Peterburg, I could offer my services as a private guide with a car. My mission is to show St. Petersburg - how it actually is, including palaces and cathedrals, parks and quiet alleys, wide streets and incredible panoramic views. Welcome to St Petersburg!
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The Canal Griboyedov spanned 21 bridges. The most romantic of them - the two suspension bridges. Both opened in 1826 and known sculptures by P. Sokolov, set in the corners of bridges.

The Bank Bridge with figures of griffins with golden wings is very close to Nevsky Prospekt, for Kazan Cathedral.

Lions Bridge with figures of lions is much further from the center. The nearest subway station is Sadovaya or Sennaya.

But if weather is good, it will be very nice to take a walk along the waterfront of the Griboedov Canal, admiring old houses facades and a lattice fence.

Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Me and one of my friend had a tour with Roman in St. Petersburg. He guided us in the Hermitage. He was prompt meeting us at the hotel. He was very informative. I recommend him to the visitors to this nice city. Thank you Roman for guiding us.

1  Thank istanbullovers
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Roman is a very knowlegeable guide. He was able to cover all the MUST SEE of St Petersburg, Russia and even arranged for a driver/ van for us to the ballet show,shopping and airport transfer which made us more comfortable and easy all throughout.

Thanks to you Roman for our memorable and wonderful trip in St Petersburg...

1  Thank Kimby_Chua
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This past summer my husband and I had the privilege to visit Russia for three weeks as part of our two-month vacation. We are experienced travelers and wanted an experienced guide for St. Petersburg. Upon reviewing the internet, we came across the rave reviews of Natalya in St. Petersburg. We were new to Russia and wanted a first blush and some depth to our visit. We used the services of Natalya German-Tsarkova of Original Tours for 4 days and were thoroughly pleased with our decision. Her English was splendid and her knowledge of her country's history was just what we wanted. Our perspective of Russia was typically American biased, yet we craved her perspectives. Natalya corrected us on many occasions and gave us her unbridled viewpoints. We didn't have to agree necessarily, but we admired her passion and applauded her passion about her country nonetheless. Why else would we have come? On many occasions we wanted her to stop with the history and let us capture on film the beauty of what we were witnessing—she eventually relented. She would back off and allow us our absorption. A trip cannot be enthused without the genuine feelings of the guide permeating the day's presentations. We loved her knowledge and the passion she showed us in presenting a glimpse of her Russian empire.
A quick note: Natalya is coming to visit us in America soon and we want desperately to give her, in return, a quick glimpse of our American life. I believe we have made a friend.
A synopsis on both the Moscow and St. Petersburg portion of our trip will follow.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We booked Roman as our tour guide a week before we got to St Petersburgh. The Euro 150.00 package cover for 2 people for 4 hours w/ a car, tickets for The Catherine Palace and Petergof. We were quite mesmerized of the rich history and beautiful sights esp when most part of it was restored after he World War II. He is like my European History Professor or a walking encyclopedia of St Petersburg. He is quite versed on all specific areas, detail oriented and history.

The only set back was; our driver is like going to a Formula 1 Race and the Additional Charge for the car, driver and his time for the extended hour which we were weren't prepared; sort of taken a back and he should at least inform a head of time before the trip and be conscious of time. :-(

Over all we were happy of him being our tour guide and get to know the rich history of Catherine Palace and Petergof. We ll surely recommend Roman to our family and friends to see the best of St Petesburgh.

1  Thank MadonnaDaSilva