“Best Location”
Review of Angleterre Hotel

Angleterre Hotel
Ranked #29 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 19 August 2011

In front of St. Isaac Cathedral, central and comfortable. Very pleasant personnel. Spacious rooms and good breakfast. Want you more? I think it´s enought to a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Good even if to the inside
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is my home away from home in St.Petersburg. A great hotel with a wonderful location. the staff is friendly and helpful, the restaurant excellent and I like to pool.

A room with a view! I love waking up and looking out of the window to see the magnificent golden dome of the St.Isaac Cathedral.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Even if I was staying for a short period , I had the chance to taste the qualities of your restaurant, buffet and lounge..moreover the courtesy reserved to my arrival and check in procedures.
Clean, Silent and quite rooms completes the portrait.
Few steps from the hotel you shall find Metro lines, Hermitage, boats for the tour on the big Neva, and many other amazing things to complete even a 2 nights staying.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We are a couple from México and this was the 2 nd time in St. Petersburg (4-5 august), since we arrive to the hotel all the personal was very helpfull as we dont speak russian, The service was as good as it is in América. They hace been ver y patient to us explaining us were to go and what to see around.
THe hotel Manager ¡Piero Magrino! was ver y nice to us, its service was exceptional, we will like to thank you for everything you did to us.

Room Tip: 489 verygood view and with space
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay - great location (to my opinion the best one), cosy rooms, tasty pastries and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Considering cost of hotels in the downtown core, the Angleterre offers very good value. The reservations staff were excellent - efficient,friendly and provided a rapid turnaround with the visa Support letter required for obtaining visa through the consulate in Canada.

Similarly reception and concierge staff went all out in trying to be helpful with restaurant, cultural activities etc. I was particularly impressed that the concierge offered to book a city taxi as an option to the much more expensive hotel taxi for our return trip to the airport. Our room was simply but tastefully decorated in art deco style. The breakfast buffet was copious and available until 10:30 am weekdays.

The location is unbeatable and allowed us to virtually walk everywhere - we felt safe and secure at all times due to the crowds of people out enjoying White Nights until the wee hours.

Loved St Petersburg and our stay at the Aangleterre made it all the more special.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

In June 2011, I spent five (5) nights at the Angleterre Hotel. It was my first visit to St. Petersburg. I was very satisfied with all aspects of the Hotel. I made a number of unusual requests to Ekaterina (Concierge) due to busines needs. She accomplished each and everyone of them in a very efficient manner and never made me feel like I was asking for something over the top.. My room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant was very good, especially the breakfast buffet. The Hotel's location is perfect for those visitors whose primary reason is sightseeing. I look forward to my next visit to St. Petersburg and the Angleterre Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business