“I really enjoyed the stay, very recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel
Ranked #8 of 334 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Moscow
“I really enjoyed the stay, very recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for business. The location is so perfect that makes you want to go out day and night, which of course I did outside of the business meetings.

The hotel is really historic, about a century old. I heard it used to be a municipal building or a hosital in the beginning of the last century, and survived through the Revolution and the War. The wide corridors, high ceilings and the centrally located old-style elevator, surrounded by circular grand staircase, all give an indication of an old Russian imperial touch...really beautiful!

The classic rooms are not that spacy, yet comfortable enough and immaculately clean. The windows face the Cathedral, Hermitage and all the sights are in the walking distance.

The breakfast is very good with extra stuff like eggs, etc complimentary individual upon order.

I know there is also a sauna, a gym and a good spa, but I didn't get to try them...

The staff is great and excellent consierge service.

I fully recommend this hotel for those who are visiting the beautiful St.Pete.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank sgurnov
Walter C N, General Manager at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your interesting and kind review. I’m very grateful that you found time for sharing your impressions about the hotel in detail. Yes, Astoria is a century old indeed, this year we celebrate a 100th Anniversary, thank you for mentioning the hotel’s history and describing the historical interiors. It was a real pleasure to read your response about our service. I’ve shared your generous comments with my colleagues who assisted you. They are flattered by your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon. Please let us know when you are planning your next visit so we can make sure everything is in place for your stay.
With warm regards,
Walter C. Neumann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

I always judge a hotel by first impressions. The lobby is the first thing I see and this hotel has met the challenge, very impressive. Greetings from the check in are warm with a charming accent and even a smile. The room is very warm and generous. Everyone I spoke to speaks English and were very helpful. The location is right in the middle of all the activity which makes it easy to get to anywhere in the city, business or pleasure. This hotel will make your trip a success.
It will always be my home when in St. Pete. I hope it will be yours too.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken A
Dear Ken,
Thank you very much for posting your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. I’m happy that you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the hotel’s atmosphere and location. I will make sure that I pass your great feedback onto the Reception team. We hope to see you in Astoria on your next visit to St Petersburg.
With kind regards,
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I had the chance to stay in the Rocco Forte Astoria Hotel and it was a great experience. My room was really good and the concierge helped me so much and gave really good advice. It was a nice experience and hope to come again soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marie L
Walter C N, General Manager at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Marie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay with us. I will certainly share your generous comments with my colleagues who assisted you, as I know that they will be equally flattered by your kind words, particularly in Conciege.

Your recommendations of Rocco Forte Hotel Astoria to your friends and family are also very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rocco Forte Hotel Astoria in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Walter C. Neumann,
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I went to St. Petersburg for business last week. It was my first time and I booked Astoria.
I so appreciated the hotel. Wonderful loung area with a very nice bar and windows floor to ceiling with view out on the city.
The room was generous in size and I think I had one of the lower categories. Very nice bathroom with nice amenities.
All in all, a perfect stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Fedeati
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

You may expect no less impression then a great stay! Hotel is great - building, charm, history, elegance and very special flavour of the place where the power of the world is used to dwell... Don't hesitate - it's really great. About practical things: bedding is superb, breakfast is incredibly rich. Consierge will get you a Moon if you pay for Moon:))). Location is the best. This part of town is more prestigious - distant from train station and hustle of Nevsky prospect. I'm all for this one!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Baiser
Dear Guest, thank you for your exciting review. I am delighted that you found your stay at the Astoria comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your impressions about the hotel’s history and location. It is always a pleasure to read about such positive experiences especially in the Hotel Astoria's Centenary year. I will certainly share your comments with my team and the concierge service in particular. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
With best wishes,
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This was my second visit to the Astoria and I returned as my first trip had been so good. The roms are fine but not that big. My maid had terrible body odour problems which meant that I returned from a business day with the idea of room service and some work but I had to leave the room due to the smell. I am sure that I was just unlucky and fortunately the hotel is well positioned to be able to walk to many restaurants.

Best to avoid the doorman getting you a taxi unless you with to pay three times the price - there is a scam working here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank finewine63
germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had the pleasure to enjoy a long weekend in St Petersburg Russia (10 to 12 Feb 2012) to celebrate my mother in laws 70th Birthday. We were a group of 12 people and were booked into multiple rooms. We were greeted with a warm and personal welcome and immediately shown to our rooms, with a lovely view of St Issac Square. Perfect blue clear skies and snow on the ground made it extra memorable. Our rooms were spacious and multiple free amenities were presented to us. One can even chose what type of pillow one prefers to sleep on...nice touch. A classic room with all modern fixtures and perfect temperature control made it a very pleasant stay and quiet sleep. The bar area was also very modern and the staff and service were impecable. The hotel arranged a private guided tour with personal bus shuttle through the city and our guide was excellent. All other events organized by the hotel (lunches, dinner, and museum visits, as well as drop off in the airport ) functioned seemlessly and punctual. My wife and i wanted to check out the cool nightlife and we recommded a super trendy restaurant/bar on the top floor of the nearby Gasprom building with one of the best views of the city and a very young, dynamic crowd....couldnt be better. I have nothing but wonderful experiences with this grand hotel, that is completely refreshed and up to speed with all modern amenities, as well as perferectly located for walking tours of the city. I cant wait to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of St Issacs Square...view onto the cathedral.