“Excellent hotel close to many major attractions”
Review of Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel
Ranked #8 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We booked this hotel as a birthday celebration and an opportunity to see St Petersburg including a visit to the opera. From the moment we set foot on the pavement outside The Astoria we were made welcome by attentive and delightful staff. Our room was very spacious and kept clean with a regular change of linen and towels. The bathroom fixtures and fittings are of a high quality. The hotel restaurant served a particularly delicious breakfast with plenty of variety. The staff here were also delightful helping my wife and I as non-Russian speakers with local dishes for our evening meals. (Thank you Olga). They also produced a Christmas stocking on the Orthodox Christmas and a birthday cake. Both complete surprises, thank you.

As an aside, booking tickets on line for the Hermitage Museum and the Opera can save a lot of time standing in the snow!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PozzBournemouth
Gerold H, Администратор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Hotel Astoria and leaving your feedback with your useful comments on Trip Advisor!

We are very happy that you liked quality of service, interiors of the room and breakfasts in our restaurant. We hope you enjoyed Opera and exhibitions in magnificent Hermitage museum.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

With kind regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Hotel has recently re-opened after renovation. Beautiful suite, spacious and comfortable. All staff throughout the hotel were very professional and very friendly. Breakfast was delicious. Location is excellent, right in the city centre.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Marianna2002
Walter C N, General Manager at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your time to review Hotel Astoria on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to read such positive experiences and i will certainly share your comments with my team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

With kind regards,

Walter C. Neumann,

Reviewed 31 December 2012

I spent 2 nights in Rocco Forte Hotel Astoria for a very short business trip to St. Petersburg.
Very well located in the historic hart of the city and in front of the St-Isaacs cathedral (worth to climb to the top for a great city view). Here you still can feel the great atmosphere of the historic hotels. Big spacious rooms, very nice bath rooms, etc. Very friendly staff & management.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Thierry V
Walter C N, General Manager at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Rocco Forte Hotel Astoria on Tripadvisor. I'm flattered you enjoyed your staying in Astoria as well as its historical interiors and atmosphere.I will certainly share your generous comments with my team who assisted you, as I know they will feel proud that you found your staying comfortable and luxurious. I look foward to welcoming you back as our guest very soon. Please let me know when you are planning your next visit so we can make sure everything is in place for your stay.

Sincerely yours,
Walter C. Neumann
General Director

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Excellent location.
Excellent hotel, with english speaking staff at front desk (very quick check-in/check out).
Classic rooms already very spacious.. 25sqm
Rooms well decorated and bed very confortable.
Great breakfast with many choiice of foods.
Breakfast is served on the main restaurant (very beautiful) on ground floor.
Staff of spa not always available for massage/treatments, so massage not possible.
Definevely an hotel I would stay again next time in St Peterburg.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sushi33

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your generous review. I’m flattered that you found your experience at Rocco Forte’s Hotel Astoria comfortable and you enjoyed our service and food . My team was delighted with your kind words especially reception and restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your room, indeed it is our director of design Mrs Olga Polizzi, sister of Sir Rocco Forte, who design all our rooms. Her aim is to accomplish the company’s slogan “The art of simple luxury” . She is using natural materials like Russian linen, as well as colour and stylish interior details to bring comfort to our guests. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely Yours
Walter C. Neumann

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We would like to thank the Astoria for making our visit to St Petersburg so memorable . It was Impeccable service, and as we were staying for 8 nights an experience we will never forget . We were upgraded from a double room to one of the new junior suites with a great view. The staff and employees of the Astoria were excellent , helpful , smiling and attentive . Cannot wait to visit Russia again and your beautiful hotel again. Edith & Simon

Room Tip: Parts of the hotel are currently being upgraded and this is due for completion by the end of March...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SimonPeers
Gerold H, Администратор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Edith & Simon, thank you very much for such kind words about Hotel Astoria on Trip Advisor!

We are very glad that you liked service, our great location and interiors of the room. I will certainly share your generous comments with my team who assisted you, as I know they will feel proud that you found your staying comfortable and luxurious.

You are always welcome, we look forward to see you soon in Hotel Astoria!

Best regards,
Hotel management

Reviewed 16 December 2012

A wonderfully located hotel with superb views over the St. Isaac Cathedral.
The staff are very attentive, have afternoon tea and the chocolate fountain!
We were upgraded to a suite which really made the trip.
Every tourist attraction is within walking distance, tr only place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Tim A
Gerold H, Администратор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay in Hotel Astoria on www.tripadvisor.ru.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you loved quality of our service, restaurants and location.

We look forward welcoming you back in Hotel Astoria and in St Petersburg soon!

Best regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I have been staying at the Astoria upon each of my visits to St. Petersbrg over the last 7 years. They have exceeded my expectations EVERY time, It is like a home away from home for me. The building is exceptional, but the staff are what make the Astoria the finest hotel I have stayed in around the world. If you want to be treated like a member of the family, I highly recommend the Astoria.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Blairpogue
Gerold H, Администратор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear thank you very much for sharing your kind review about Hotel Astoria.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting St Petersburg.

Warmest regards,