Belmond Grand Hotel Europe
Kempinski Hotel Moika 22(St. Petersburg)
US$428
US$285
US$165
US$113
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Radisson Sonya Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$160
US$207
Repinskaya(Repino)
US$76
1,722 results
All reviewscaviar barmezzanine cafel'europe restaurantarts squarebutler servicehistoric floorlobby barrussian museumterrace roombreakfast buffetmain restaurantspilled bloodnevsky prospectblinisbeef stroganoffglass of champagnestar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013

A very posh luxurious hotel in the center of Saint-Petersburg,at the Mihailovskaya street...

Excellent service,nice rooms and unforgettable atmosphere of this hotel makes this hotel very special one!There are nice restaurants -italian and japanese,a very nice lobby bar , and my favorite cafe Mezonin upstairs.There is also cafe outside in summer times where people can enjoy
their times and have an amazing view to the main avenue called Nevskiy prospekt.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to people who love luxurious style and who knows how to enjoy the life!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Visited this hotel and it is clearly the place to stay when attending the economic forum, which is well renowned as all government officials that matter arrive. Security at forum is oh so tight ( squeak) but guess what ? you can see all guys in the bar of the hotel later hat evening. Rooms are olde Worldly style, clean, very comfortable bed, AC not great and it was warm when we stayed. Staff help varies, still some very soviet straight talking. If you can answer yes or no why bother with pleasantries ? Mark up on prices was shocking. Bar bill excessive due to choosing average wines or brandies. Can recommend Sunday brunch. Great spread and variety. Salmon caviar, continual champagne ( not champagneski), Peking duck served at your table, fresh cooked fish or meat of your choice. Live jazz band and if you were lucky like us you will see rich old men dancing with some leggy young girls. In short it is the place to stay in st Petersburg if you want grand style that is the orient-express brand.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank GVLtravel
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel itself is well located. The rooms are large and decorated in a grand (kitshcy) style, but in a relatively poor state or repair. Furnishings look very old. Food very average except for the Caviar Bar, which is very good (it's under separate management).

Staff are incompetent and unhelpful. Staff in the hotel's restaurants and bars are very unattentive, and on a number of occasions we had to re-order food or drinks that they had forgotten. The concierge messed up a booking for a boat trip on the Neva, leaving us waiting for half an hour. The boat never turned up and they offered no apology. The mark-up for concierge services appears to be about 4 times the standard price. They'll offer you tickets to the Hermitage for RUB 1,600 when they cost RUB 400 at the museum. The same goes for taxis and other excursions.

We were locked out of our room when they canceled our key cards during the middle of our stay. On two nights they forgot to make up our room.

I'd recommend staying at the Astoria instead

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank WR75
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed 4 days in this hotel. The location is great. The food is delicious and on the expensive side. Watch the price of wine which is for me unbelievably high. About $30 per glass of wine. The employees are friendly and helpful. In the restaurant bar area they were unhappy about separating our bill from another couple with us. We stayed in room 337. There the table on which you place your bags has a folding front panel which fell 2 on my wife's leg. So be careful. Room was large and very quite. The AC is so- so. You can only control the fan which if increased to 3 makes some noise. The breakfast is outstanding. They make your eggs however you like them.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Our room had a view of the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed at that hotel in June 2013. The location is great: Nevsky prospect, Arts Square, great shops and restaurants, Hermitage - all within walking distance. Rooms are OK for this type and level of hotel. But their service is unbelievably poor, below any expectations.
To start with: during breakfast the chef refused to make the eggs the way I wanted. I asked him several times to add cheese and bacon, and not to overfry the eggs, he was just staring at me and contunued doing what he wanted, though I spoke Russian to him and I was absolutely sure he understood what was required from him. The next day he was rude as usual, and continued with rude comments and just refused to do what I asked him to. I had to talk to the Manager.
I also tried to use their business centre and asked them to ship some stuff. It was on Saturday. They said that the earliest they can do it was on Monday, and they had no idea on the delivery terms and costs, and had no helpful information re that.
Concierge was also of a little help: I had tickets for the show, and asked them to check the time when it should be over, they could not get that infromation for me, while the driver, whom I used for my trip, easily discovered it later.
So the hotel is obviously overpriced and overestimated. If you pay several thousand USD for a room, you expect not just a bed, but a certain service, which is not present there. Will never go there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business