1,877 results
All reviews caviar bar l'europe restaurant mezzanine cafe arts square butler service historic floor lobby bar russian museum terrace room breakfast buffet spilled blood main restaurant blinis beef stroganoff nevsky prospect glass of champagne wonderful hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

The hotel has recently been refurbished. Many of the new lower rank rooms have very limited hanging space and no draws to put clothes away, which if staying more than one or two nights means you have to live out of your suitcase. We complained and moved rooms and much better. Bed very hard so ask for a mattress topper which really helps. Great bathroom, wonderful public areas. Staff are fantastic and after the first night ironed out all our problems. Breakfast is a huge buffet offering an amazing range of food. We also eat in the Asia again the food was fantastic and the Maitre Di was wonderful.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestSussexWhitefox
GrandHotelEurope, Управляющий at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about the recent experience at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe. We deeply appreciate your valuable comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Belmond Grand Hotel Europe!

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2018

I had planned a tour of Russia for months, to include both St Petersburg (St Pete) and Moscow and wanted to stay in the old "Imperial era" type grand hotels. This one in St Pete was 1 of 2 with criteria - with fantastic old world dining room, quaint interiors and masses of CHARM !!! It's a hotel developed from 3 old mansions, so be prepared to walk 300 metres to the lift (...it's part of the ol'world charm of the place),

The Grand Europe Hotel did not disappoint. I was delighted with my 3 night stay; the staff the food (n') and the overall charm and hospitality of it as THE "hotel". It's centrally located (on main drag) and surrounded by the "right" souvenir shops.

All young staff through-out the hotel spoke excellent English, they wanted to chat and exchange thoughts.....a delight, when a Western impression is not such ?. The food venues astounded (the "Asian" restaurant was fantastic, see separate review), the breakfast venue - the main dining room (vaulted ceiling etc) was a delight. Champers n' caviar abounded, along with staff willing n' able to provide ANYTHING else you requested. The "Caviar bar/restaurant" (as main d/room closed on Sunday) was great too, excellent staff and food and chosen wine.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing onto the street/s.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank deckchairtraveller
GrandHotelEurope, Управляющий at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to see that your stay was wonderful and you were able to experience the charm and beauty of our property.

On behalf of the entire Belmond Grand Hotel Europe team, I would like to pass our appreciation for your warmest comments about your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Belmond Grand Hotel Europe!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

My wife & I had the pleasure of staying here during a 5 night break in St Petersburg.

The location is perfect & central to all attractions, shops, the metro and a string of great bars & restaurants.

The hotel has class written all through it from the welcome we received,
to the standard & cleanliness of the rooms, to the Lobby Bar & restaurant options. The breakfast selection being one of the best I've experienced.

Would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone.

A class act..

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank simond107
GrandHotelEurope, Управляющий at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in the heart of St Petersburg and for sharing your great experience with all TripAdvisor´s readers.

It is a true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team has created memorable experiences that you have taken back home.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon to out legendary hotel for more amazing experiences!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Once again, I stayed at the Grand Hotel Europe during a five day business trip to St. Petersburg. Again, it was a very pleasurable experience. Excellent breakfast, great dinner at the hotel restaurant and very friendly service from everybody. Also, the bar and the café are worth while visiting. The hotel is a St. Pete landmark, and you know why once you enter it. The room I had (a standard room that they call "superior room") was rather on the small side but quite sufficient for one person. There was only one thing I should like to complain about: The air condition was rather audible and you could not do anything about it: If you switched it off, the air grew rather stuffy quite fast and, furthermore, there still was some noise coming from the courtyard (or, the mezzanine café). The latter I did not hear last time, but I was on a higher floor then. The great plus of the hotel is its perfect location: next door to a metro station and within walking distance of many attractions (Russian Museum, Hermitage, St. Isaac's Cathedral, Kazan Cathedral, Mikhailovskiy Theatre, Church of the Ressurection of Jesus Christ). If you want to stretch your legs, there is Mikhailovskiy Park, the Summer Garden and the Mars Field just around the corner. And if you want to stretch your legs even more, I strongly recommend a visit to Elagin Island: It is a 20 minute metro ride away; you will get a lot of fresh air, see ponds, trees and some squirrels, enjoy nice views of the Neva and the new Gazprom Tower - plus, there are absolutely no tourists!
During autumn, rates at the hotel are not as high as you might expect. You will get great value for your money! There is one proviso, though, that I have to add: In summer, during high season when the hotel will be fully booked, not only will rates be a lot higher, but I can also imagine that the breakfast room will be crowded and that there will be queues in front of the concierge desks.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Soellner
GrandHotelEurope, Управляющий at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you, on behalf of our hotel and staff, for the lovely comments you've shared. We value all comments and they encourage us to keep working every day to better our service.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I was deciding between the Four Seasons and the Belmond, and thank God I chose the Belmond. The classic feel of the place, the incredible tasting menu, the beautiful high ceiling rooms (with butler!), but above all the service!

A few people to call out here. First, Olga and the concierge team for tolerating my hundred emails and for arranging the ballet for me, what an experience! The tours they arranged were excellent, both the guides and the drivers.

Second, Kirill at the bar. I was a solo traveler and he made me feel incredibly welcome, in addition to making some clever and unique cocktails. He told me all about what a great place the Belmond was to work at, and how he was treated well .. it showed because he seemed to truly enjoy his job and serve customers. He should be commended by management.

I highly recommend this hotel, it was in a word, incredible.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ctwino
GrandHotelEurope, Управляющий at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Kind regards,