“NON SAFETY HOTEL!!!”

Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg
Ranked #34 of 362 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 24 April 2013

If you want have a good expirience DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
I was in the end of 2012, and I fell down from non-safety stairs in this hotel. Stairs was dark, wet, and it was no table it is dangerous.
After the incidience staff and security do not provide any help and emergency care!!! I took a taxi and went to clinic myself!
Later staff told me that their stairs "approved" (usualy it is by money) by Russian safety standard (but not global or international !), I spent on treatment of my severe trauma 6 months and a lot of money.
General Manager did not answer to my letters and pretended this is OK.
If you care about you health and want SAFETY, I do not reccomend to you stay in Corinthia.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank J107_13
EricPere, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

Back to your stay at the Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg last year, I am once again sorry to note that your time with us was marred by this unfortunate accident, of which my team and myself personally were informed and involved in from right away on.

Let me assure you that at Corinthia Hotels as a group, safety of our guests is one of our first priorities. For that reason, the hotel has a regular internationally recognized health and safety audit to ensure ourselves that we can guarantee a most comfortable stay to our valued customers. With regard to the mentioned staircase, I can only reiterate that it complies with the safety standards, both from local and international regulations.

I am proud to say that at Corinthia Hotel St.Petersburg, we go great lengths to employ people with care, friendliness and professional knowledge, including those on actions in emergency situations. Therefore, I was surprised to read that you felt any members of my team being anything less than that.

Dear Reviewer, let me thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention, and I would be happy to discuss your situation further via my direct email: eric.pere@corinthia.com.

Kind regards

Eric Pere

Write a ReviewReviews (1,645)

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 day break in St. Petersburg, staying at the Corinthia Hotel. I knew St. Petersburg would be pretty expensive as a city but was very pleasantly surprised at the deal we got with the Corinthia. A 5 star hotel but very reasonably priced (we managed to get a special offer which meant an Executive Double Room cost us half the normal price... bargain!). This is a very pleasant 5 star hotel with great staff who are always more than happy to help... this truly does make a big difference when in a country where the native language is so difficult to get one's head around! Room was lovely... breakfast was good (apart from the coffee, which isn't the best). Concierge services great. Reason this 5 star hotel is cheaper than other 5 star hotels is because of it's position... not a bad position, but on a busy Nevsky Prospect (bit like Oxford Street in London or Las Ramblas in Barcelona to give you a better idea of how busy a main street this is). But no noise in the bedroom so all was fine. Slightly more refined area to stay in would have been around the Palace Embankment... very beautiful part of the city (Hermitage Museum, Winter Palace, St. Isaacs Cathedral around this area). But Corinthia still a very good option.
We did have one issue with the air conditioning on our third night but we were moved immediately and the manager did everything in her power to ensure we were compensated for the inconvenience... the hotel chauffeur-driven BMW took us back to the airport on our last day, free of charge... very lovely gesture of the manager (thank you).
The only real issue I have with the hotel is the lack of atmosphere, in the Lobby Bar in particular... a DJ played lounge music every evening but the whole thing was very dull and made us want to get out of the hotel as much as possible. Such a shame that there is a beautiful piano in the lobby bar but nobody playing... but I'm hoping this isn't always the case.
So, overall, a pretty good experience... and I would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed at the Corinthia in Budapest a few years ago and equally high standards... very good hotel chain by all accounts.
By the way, best restaurant we visited was near the Palace Embankment area. Restaurant called Levin... quirky and cool and kitsch and just a wonderful place to spend a few hours when you're exhausted from walking around the city! And a restaurant/bar called Las Torres, just a few doors down from the Corinthia, is pretty good aswell... bit random that we found one of the best Spanish restaurants we've ever been in on Nevsky Prospect in St. Petersburg!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsDT
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed in Corinthia St Petes for 4 nights. Located along the main commercial street Nevsky Prospect, the Hermitage Museum was just 15 mins bus ride (though you may have to wait awhile for the bus to come) or 30 mins walk away. The weather was great when we visited in May so we chose to walk most of the time. Right outside the hotel, there were a tonne of restaurants, shops, pharmacies. You could get everything you need.
The hotel seemed to be very popular with tour groups. We saw groups and groups of senior citizens arriving by coaches over our 5 days stay.
Rooms were well appointed. Nothing luxurious but it had all the adequate amenities, except WIFI. The shower was leaky though. After a shower, the bathroom floor would be totally flooded.
Breakfast was more on quantity than quality. Lots of variety of bread, salad, fruits, caviar (too salty and not half as good in quality as the one we had in Hotel National), ham, cheese, many types of tea. Oh, there was sparkling wine on offer during breakfast!!
Staff overall were friendly. We spoke with two concierge. One was more helpful than the other and helped us with the restaurant reservations.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the back street if you are sensitive to street noise as Nevsky Prospect is a ma...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Corinthia for 4 nights in mid February. It's a lovely hotel and well located, right in the centre of the main street (Nevsky Prospect), so all the top sites are easily within walking distance. We booked a business deluxe room via a deal through Voyage Privie which included breakfast and were upgraded upon arrival to a suite which was a lovely gesture. The room was clean, spacious and had an average sized bathroom but very good shower. Whilst there is a mini bar they don't provide as standard a kettle or tea making facilities in the room. There have been mixed reviews with regards breakfast but we certainly felt it was extensive with plenty of choice of both hot & cold foods as well as plenty of fresh fruit, cereals, meats & cheeses along with a very good selection of pastries, bread and a toaster. I can"t comment on dinner within the hotel as we prefer to eat out (I can recommend Las Torres which is only a few doors along from the hotel). I agree with previous comments that the reception area is very impressive and has a cosy bar to one side. All the staff were both helpful and spoke very good english with the concierge more than happy to arrange taxi's for you (incl. to the airport where they will agree a flat fee with the taxi company for you). On travelling from the airport we ordered a taxi via the small black and white hut outside the terminal building on the right. You just state where you are travelling to and they advise you of the flat fee, give you a voucher and your taxi arrives within a few mins and you pay the driver once you reach your destination - they seemed very reasonable and you don't have the fear of wondering how much you are likely to be asked for by just jumping into one of the taxis on the rank.

Even though it was February (so very cold !) we booked a walking tour through "Peter's Walking Tours" and did the Peter's Top 5 route. As it was out of season tours have to be booked privately (they run regularly throughout the summer) but this was easily done from the UK. The tour lasted c3.5 hours and was hosted by Olga who was fantastic company and very knowledgable. The cost was 4,800 roubles for the two of us but the cost would have been the same for up to a party of 8.

We also went to a performance of Swan Lake at the Mariinsky Theatre which was fantastic - a great performance in a wonderful theatre but you will need to book tickets well in advance.

If you are looking for a good, centrally located, hotel to explore St. Petersburg then I would thoroughly recommend the Corinthia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The public areas are quite beautiful, grand, and posh. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. Staff very helpful. Food doesn't match the splendour however. Breakfast buffet has cold scrambled eggs for example. My steak meal in the cafe was nearly inedible - asked for rare and got 40 minutes in an oven - and overpriced. You wont find the food and drink much of a bargain - but there is a Burger King across the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2013

i have wanted to visit St Petersburg for many years so when the Corinthia came up for offer, the opportunity couldn't be missed. This is simply the best hotel we have ever stayed in; the staff, the room, the food, absolutely everything could not be faulted. The reception staff, bell boys etc. couldn't do enough to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff attentiveness was beyond the call of duty! We stayed in an executive room allowing us access to the Executive Lounge which was a bonus; snacks and drinks (soft and alcoholic including champagne!) available all afternoon until 8.00p.m. Whilst we were in St Petersburg I celebrated a 'big birthday' and the icing on the cake was, indeed, that - we returned to our room to find a beautifully decorated chocolate cake with a lovely hand written note from the Guest Relations Manager wishing me happy birthday!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking a courtyard which was unbelievably quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

From the moment we arrived till we left our wonderfully comfortable executive club room a completely enjoyable & relaxing stay. Fine bedding, feather pillows, very well sound proofed room, this hotel is superbly located for all the stunning sights of St. Petersburg whether you choose to walk, use the metro, bus, city taxi or hotel car. The Manager, Mr. Pere & his team run a very tight ship. Extremley helpful, courteous staff, terrific breakfast & club facilities. Fast efficient wifi; good English spoken by staff, immaculate room service. Would definitely return & highly recommend.

Room Tip: Didn't view rooms other than executive club. Ours was not overlooking Nevsky and was totally qui...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple