“Good hotel, but I had problems”

Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg
Ranked #33 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good hotel, but I had problems”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

It is a good option in St. Petersburg, but I had some problems in this hotel when I stayed there for 4 night in May/13.
When I arrived at 2PM at receptin desk with my reservation number, I was told room was not ready yet. I left my luggage there and went out for sightseeing. At 8PM, I showed up again, room was still not ready!! 8 PM!!
I was offered a glass of champagne and had to wait. They told me I would be upgraded, so I took it easy.
When in room, I noticed bathtub water was disgustingly yellow, deep yellow and so was tap water and shower water.
I called reception and the sent a so called plumber expert, who stood there for endless minutes (it was 10 PM, needed a bath and water was dirty). By all means they tried to convince me the problem was "minimum", and I started to get angry because a 5star hotel should at least provide clean water.
In the end, around midnight I got another room and could take a shower and sleep.
Not an "we apologyze" was said to me and I decided the treatment I was receiving was absurd so I demanded my room to be upgraded, which happened the next day.
Apart from this (solved) incident, I have to say their location is splendid, breakfasts are plentiful and the hotel has convenient services.

1 Thank jaenderc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days, and the experience was amazing. The hotel staff is very co-operative and professional. The lobby area is beautiful and its big. I was in standard room and it was big, super clean, beautiful and it has all the things required. LCD TV, mini bar, sofa, locker and a nice comfortable and clean bed. The rooms even had slippers and bathrobe. The washroomw as clean as well.

The rooms are very quite and you can have a nice sleep.

The breakfast was included and it was really nice with lots good options and the seating area was good.

The area surrounding is good and there are lots of shops at walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but ask for road view room.
1 Thank BIG-Y123
EricPere, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Reviewer,
I was delighted to read your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your time with us especially the service you received from my team. I am also happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and found your room comfortable and clean. Please do come and join us again in the near future and feel free to ask for a room with a city view when you make your reservation.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of St petersburg.Also the nevskiy prospekt area is a very busy street with lot of shops and tourist attractions.. All the staff are committed to their guests' well-being ..Check-in went smoothly ..breakfast options were amazing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
EricPere, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I have passed on your kind words to all the team at the Hotel, and I do hope that you will come back in the near future so we can once again meet your expectations.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The arrival, in the back street was terrible. Cars are not allowed to stop on Nevsky so I had to carry all my luggage for miles, without any clue where I was going, looking for the Reception. I suggested that they should make a car entrance in that back street, with some staff to help. There were a big convention so the lobby was full and people smoking everywhere. The room was big but the decor is a little 80's, with that dark mirror. But everything was clean, good towels and good bed, free and good internet. Also the breakfast was unbeliveble! Lot's of different food style! But, as we were in executive room, we decide to have breakfast in the lounge, much more cozy. In the end, the location beats everything!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
EricPere, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your stay at the Corinthia Hotel. I was sorry to read about the inconvenience you had to experience on arrival and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. In the meantime, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your bedding and breakfast with us and had a chance to try our Executive Club Lounge which you found cozy. I do hope that we get the chance to fully meet your expectations in the near future on your next stay at the Corinthia Hotel.

General Manger
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel is ok but expensive for what you get, staff gives preference to Russians and reception just lets you wait when locals are coming to pay or have questions. Not top for the price you have to pay, location is good but breakfast is not very good.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Johanloes
EricPere, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at the Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg. I am sorry and honestly surprised to learn that you found our service insufficiently attentive. I can reassure you that the all team work hard to ensure that every guest is made welcome and feels at home during their stay with us.
I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so we can reinstate your faith in us. And please feel free to contact me personally at any time via my email eric.pere@corinthia.com if you would like to discuss your stay further.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Good location on Nevsky Avenue, excellent service at the reception desk and in the restaurant. Wide selection at the buffet station during breakfast and lunch. Genuine 5* star hotel that I can strongly recommend further.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I'd ignore any of the critical reviews you find here. My wife and I were in St.Petersburg for the first time and splashed out on this hotel (it was actually very good value and a good deal cheaper than anything comparable in Australia). My wife left her bag with valuables in the back of the taxi when we arrived from the airport. Being Russia, we gave up any hope of getting it back. The staff at the Hotel were genuinely concerned and mobilised immediately ... we were extremely impressed. They sent their driver to the airport to find the taxi and retrieve the bag. In little more than a few hours the bag with all of its belongings was safely returned. The service in this hotel was impeccable. The breakfast, sumptuous. We appreciated all of the touches - bottles of wine, truffles, fruit etc left in our room everyday. The hotel is next door to the metro and is very well located in terms of what most people would want to see. The Stockman Dept store with a fabulous supermarket at basement level is just across the road if you want to self cater. Fabulous hotel in a fabulous city. Stay here!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
I cannot thank you more for your wonderful feedback following your stay at the Corinthia. I am delighted to read that we managed to meet your expectations and help you out with the complications you had to experience. I have shared your kind words with my team who looked after you so well, and we all look forward to seeing you back with us very soon. And once again, thank you for recommending Corinthia Hotel to travellers.