The place has the potential to be a 4 star hotel, unfortunately I would qualified it as a 2 - 3 star level. It does have some areas that could be considered as a 4 star hotel such as the small cafe right after the entrance in the left side, the size and architecture of the building. The location of the hotel is also quite good. Unfortunaly the owner of the hotel probably tried to save money when refurbishing the building - and one can see that!!! The carpets are made from bad quality fabrics and they are much too old, the receiption desk which is one of the most important areas in the hotel looks cheap and ugly... the painture used and quality of work is poor and some it has some other disturbing features.
Some facts about my staying. The price did not included taxes, breakfast or Wifi internet. Even after paying for the use of Wifi, I found out that it does not work in my room. You can only surf in public areas close to the elevators. I logged in for the first time with my cell phone and found out that it was not possible to log in with a different device. So I had to pay again to use my laptop. The price was not expensive but it is normally free in most of hotels.
I especially required for a quiet room so they gave me a room facing the backyard. When I opened the window I could see that the ventilation system machinery of the hotel with a huge fan and tubes where right in front of it approximatly 2 meters from the window (room 2036) so I did not have any natural light in my room. The sound was not so bad, until the morning when I woke up due to a high disturbing noice. The fan was running at higher speeds! How can they use such a room in a 4 star hotel?
I know that one can find a more convenient accommodation in St. Petersburg for a much lower price. Perhaps it does not have a 4 stars qualification but you can get a quiet, clean room in a refurbished smaller hotel with internet wifi working in your room at price 30% lower than this hotel. It is a pity because because Oktiabrskaya does have great potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CITYTEL Hotel Oktiabrskaya **** is located in the historical heart of Saint-Petersburg in the business,cultural and social life center of Nothern capital.Hotel is situated on the crossroad of Nevsky and Ligovsky prospects, on the Vosstaniya Square, opposite the Moscow Railway Station. CITYTEL Hotel Oktiabrskaya **** offers to guests high level of comfort and European service, original and multifunctional rooms, safety and all necessary features for business meetings or rest with family and friends. Hotel has: restaurant,lobby bar, free WiFi, ATM, currency exchange,safe,lugguage room, beauty salon. Rooms are equipped with air-conditioning,satellite TV, mini refrigerator, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oktyabrskaya Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oktiabrskaya St Petersburg
- Oktiabrskaya Hotel St Petersburg