“Horrible choice, never ever again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg
Ranked #102 of 330 Hotels in St. Petersburg
“Horrible choice, never ever again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

+ there's a bus station across the hotel. That's their only pro actually.
- terrible rooms, never renovated since 80s maybe?
- housekeeping is filthy, you cannot step on the carpet
- you have to pay extra for slippers
- metro is 30 mins walk away!
- staff is very VERY rude, they took away my plate saying that breakfast is over at 10:00 strict like a dorm. They also think it's totally okay.
- you may have to stay at a room full of smoke. There's no "no smoking" rule and they dont change the room when you ask.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Ilgin S
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your feedback with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I will focus more on the staff trainings in order to improve the service we provide in our hotel.
As for the hotel location – we do provide a free shuttle to the city center several times a day for our guests convenience.
In regards of the non-smoking policy – as I understand, at the time you stayed at the hotel, we were fully booked and unfortunately were not able to provide you with another room.
Once again, I am very sorry that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
Next time when you plan your visit to St.Petersburg, please, contact me directly, so I could take care of your booking personally and make sure you will enjoy during your stay here.

Stefan Kuehr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel was busy when we were there, the rooms were old feeling the bathroom was terrible, just a shower with a curtain that went to the floor so water went everywhere. Bright spots were pool in the back and the food was good. Another problem we encountered was that the bridges open at night at around 1am and close around 5am or something I guess the times change all the time. so you can get stuck on the island or you may have a problem getting to your hotel after 1 am. Ended up going to the airport way before we needed too because of the bridge problem. The airport is another issue all on its own. the Worst airport I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel closer to the city center, Saint Petersburg is an amazing city, you should go. Chur...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Derek B
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying in Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your opinion with us.
I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations. I will focus more on the issues you have mentioned. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very important to us and helps us to improve our service. When you plan your next visit to St.Petersburg, please contact me directly so I could personally take care of your booking.

Isle of Man
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The first thing to say about this hotel is that it is big (over a 1000 rooms) and therefore is incredibly busy. I stayed here with a tour group in October and it wasn't a patch on the hotel we had in Moscow (separate review posted) but was just about okay.

The hotel is not in a central location and it takes around 45 minutes to get to the city centre if you walk to the nearest metro station. I was told by the concierge that it would take around 15 minutes to walk to the metro station and having done it 3 times over 3 days I can only assume the hotel think all it's guests are Olympic athletes! It is nearer 25 minutes although the overall journey to the city centre is easy once you get on the Metro which is cheap and very fast. The hotel do provide a free shuttle bus to/from the city centre in the morning and evening which is great although I choose not to use it as the traffic congestion in St Petersburg is horrendous. In addition, there are various buses that pass the hotel so overall travel to the city centre is not that much of a hassle in my opinion.

The rooms are big with basic furniture but no tea/coffee facilities or toiletries apart from wall mounted soap dispensers. My room was like a sauna during my whole stay and no air conditioning is available. Opening the window worked reasonably well to cool things but it appears if you get a mild spell from October onwards be prepared to be gently roasted overnight.

Breakfast was quite an ordeal on each of the 3 mornings I was at the Park Inn. The food is okay but it is the number of people that make the whole experience quite unpleasant; think office canteen at lunchtime and you'll be on the right lines. Not the hotels fault I guess given the size of the establishment but I am sure something could be done to make things easier and less stressful.

The staff were efficient and friendly and always willing to help. The restaurant and bar area is good and the food is great and reasonably priced.

Overall an okay hotel but I'm not sure I'd rush back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tony29
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your valuable opinion with us. Your feedback is very important as we always strive to improve our service.
I am happy to hear about positive things you have mentioned. In regards of tea/coffee facilities, we do not have them in standard rooms as this is not a Park Inn standard, hovewer a kettle can be provided at the reception upon the request. As for the room temperature, October is the time when the city and our Hotel as well are preparing for the winter season and we do some maintenance tests on the heating equipment in order to make sure it works properly. i am very sorry if it caused any inconvenience to you.
I will share your comments with my team and take all necessary measures to improve the situation with breakfasts during the time we have high occupancy in the Hotel.
Once again thank you for your feedback,

Hope to see you again in our Hotel!

Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a rather overwheming arrival at the Park Inn, with the reception area literally packed with numerous large groups of noisy tourists and a rather unpleasant receptionist who when I asked for a spare room key wanted to know why!.
The bedrooms are extremely basic. The bathrooms even more so and they are not particularly clean. The food is nothing to write home about and the room service is of a very low standard. As it is an old hotel is still has the old carpets and grotty corridors leading to the bedrooms.
This hotel is rated as a 4 star but it is most definitely below any other 4 star hotel I have stayed at.
The hotel however, does have a very good conference centre and a wonderful indoor waterpark.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Helen L N
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your opinion with us.
I am very sorry to hear about inconveniences you have experienced during your stay in our Hotel. The occupancy was really high due to high season at that period and it could be very busy at the reception. In regards of the spare keys – we do consider guests safety and security of high importance and follow certain procedures when it come to room keys – it is purely for safety reasons.
I will focus more on room service standards and cleanliness. The renovation of the upper floors is also planned for the next years.
Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
Hope to see you again,

Kindest regards

Travellers are raving about these St. Petersburg hotels

Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I did make a junior suite reservation at this hotel, and after receiving confirmation sent them email to ask for a visa invitation (I have visited Russia several times, I know how to proceed). I did get quick reply with a pdf form attached. The form was not possible to fill electronically, but should have been printed and faxed back. I did send them all required information by email with a passport copy as an attached jpg file. I did not send credit card information because my reservation was already confirmed by credit card. They could not process my request without a printed, filled and faxed form. I suggest not using services of this hotel if you don't want to get touch in old Soviet bureaucracy.

I cancelled my reservation and made another at Palace Bridge hotel. Getting the reservation and visa invitation took less than 5 minutes. It is a good hotel, I've been there earlier (but was not picking it as my first choice since I'm now visiting Lenexpo.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dr_aaltonen
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
Please be advised that all our procedures regarding visa support and registration services, which involve government authourities, are in full compliance with Russian legislation. I am sorry to hear that it took more time than you expected and it's a pity that it affected your decision in choosing the hotel. When you plan your next visit, please contact me directly so I could personally make sure we will provide you with enjoyable stay.

Acre, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is a huge complex far from the center of the city.From the day we arrived till we left the lobby was always full of loudy people and very crowded .They held two coventions and the lobby was like a construction site .The night before we left they constructed a huge tent outside the hotel and we could not sleep because of the noise .The day we arrived we had to change rooms because the room we got had not been cleaned after the last guest left.The food is poor in choice and taste.The room we got had no mini bar and safe .I do not recommend it for families or couples.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your comments with us, we always take our guests opinion seriously as it helps us to improve the service we provide.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We are indeed the largest hotel in St.Petersburg and at the time of your stay here we were fully booked. In regards of the mini bars and safety boxes - we do not have them in standard rooms, hovewer they are availiable at the front desk upon the request.
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.
When you plan your nextvisit to St.Petesrburg, please contact me directly so I could make sure you will enjoy during your stay.

Kindest regards

Yerevan, Armenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel is huge and located in isolation. It is a little bit far from the center of city. However, hotel provides with some free bus to the center and back, which works until 18.00. The rooms and bathroom are good equipped. Room services are on the highest level, appreciate it. Nevertheless, the rooms doesn't have conditioner, safe and a fridge (mini-bar), which makes them perhaps 3 star hotel and not 4.
The views from the rooms are not very good - nothing interesting. They advertise the rooms with view to Gulf of Finland (with higher price), but there is a huge construction on the beach of Gulf and nothing interesting for view.
The breakfast is on average level, but it has the same menu each day.
The prices in bar are surprisingly high, but the atmosphere in the bar area is very joyful and relaxing.
One advice - do not use ATM machines in the hotel. They steal money and you will be forced to fill out an application to bank for getting your money back, and they will return your money but in 3-4 days. So, it's better change your money somewhere in the city or using credit cards.
There is an aqua-park attached to the hotel, but you have to pay for it if go. They give you free entrance only to spa-center.
The good thing is the free Wi-Fi on the whole territory of the hotel with high quality internet. Also, the staff is quite pleasant and readily will assist you on any issue.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which room you select, as far there is no interesting view from the hotel. All...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gevon
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear about the things you liked in our hotels, I will share your comments with my team, and I also will follow up personally on all the issues you have mentioned and focus on improving of our service.
Hope to see you again in our Hotel.