“Attractive Public Spaces but Shabby Room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg

Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg
Ranked #102 of 330 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Minneapolis
“Attractive Public Spaces but Shabby Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the pictures I can only assume that there is a significant difference between what is shown and the room we were given. Ours looked as if it had not been updated in 40 years. One usually can count on something better with this hotel brand. The public spaces were much more attractive. We had two breakfasts and one evening meal here and they were fine. There are two markets, one on the left side, the other on the right, across the street where we could purchase water.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
KuehrS, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Linda,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and for sharing your valued opinion with us. Our guests's comments are very important to us as they help to improve our service.
Please accapet my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you might experience during your stay.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you soon again.

Tatyana Yatsuta
Front office manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

For 4 star hotel Pribaltiyskaya is very-very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful - I spoiled my shirt, they cleaned for me during one day. RBG restaurant - really worth visiting, as well as Veranda. Pity, that Roman Holidays SPA was closed, but they promice to repair in a week. Extremely recommended hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Elvira!

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and for sharing your opinion with us.
I am extremely happy to hear that we managed to meet your expectations and provide you a pleasant stay at our hotel. Looking forward to welcome you again at Park Inn by Radisson!

Tatyana Yatsuta
Front Office Manager
Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Yes, this had to be in all caps. It all started with the fact that it took me several days to book an additional night - hotel staff promised to get back to me and they did. But much, much later. Then I ordered a shuttle from the airport, and the person at reception told the taxi driver which flight I was coming with - too bad she didn't check with me first, because it was a wrong flight, so it took me 30 minutes to find the driver who was waiting me at another terminal. The receptionist at check in assured me that the additional night they booked was going to be for the same room as the other three, so that I didn't have to move during my stay. I actually asked them to move me next day because I got a room next to the floor entrance door and could hear it open and close every time. Which was handy, because the different person at reception told me they were going to move me anyway. Of course, no one informed me about it, so I wonder what would have happened if I simply left for the day without asking them to move me first. During the last day, my colleague ordered a taxi in advance to go to a business meeting and it was simply not ordered - and it wasn't even a peak time in the morning. I'm not even mentioning simple things like the lack of complimentary bottled water during one of the days.

Don't get me wrong - each individual person I talked to was really nice and pleasant and assured me that the problem was going to be solved. But the information just didn't travel any further, it seems. I understand that the hotel is very big and full of tourist groups, but management definitely needs to work on this problem. For business travelers in particular, this lack of efficiency is a big issue and is not something one expects from the Park Inn brand.

Other than that, my room was okay. The door in the bathroom had cracks on it, as others noticed, but everything was well cleaned. Fine bed, iron and iron board in the outside space on each floor. Breakfast was okay, but again, the system when you have to wait in line for someone to make your omelette is not very efficient.

Also, if you are a manager of the hotel, please do something about the coffee. It is atrocious. And I mean not only the breakfast machine but the bar coffee as well. You can't charge people to drink this.

Location is not very good: far from the center and metro station, but there is a free shuttle (I never took one so can't speak more about it). Also, I thought I'd have a good walk along the Gulf of Finland since my room was facing it - but there are construction works going everywhere, so the only way to enjoy it is to look from the hotel window.

A big plus: a good fitness center. The hotel actually has a World Class gym next door, so hotel guests can use it for free (expect a short walk outside). I'm afraid this is the only reason I would really recommend this hotel though.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend any amount of time in your room, ask for one that is not close to the floor ent...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Darya,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you have experienced during your stay. You have my personal guarantee that we will follow up with all team members involved to improve our level of services, especially concierge service and for certain we will focus our attention to make sure the correct transmission of information between the different departments, we can do much better than this.

Your feedback is very important , we will use it to fine tune our operations, standards and to reinforce our training strategy in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you soon again, if so, please do not hesitate to ask our team if you would require anything to make your stay more comfortable.
Once again I would like to apologize and ensure you that we will do our utmost to improve our service delivery.

I wish you all the best and we will try to make all the possible to make your future stay much better .

Kindest regards
Stuttgart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a large hotel oriented for big tourist groups and thus periodically quite noisy. My room was clean, quite comfortable and silent. However, it does serve services of a 4 star hotel as announced, no water or minibar, no safe, no shampoo selection, even not enough shelves for personal belongings. The staff is friendly. it takes about half an hour to get to the downtown by
a bus or trolley.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a view for a bay, open air Veranda cafe on the ground floor is good, Use a back ent...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya. We also appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.
I do appreciate your mention of friendly staff and shall pass on this message to our team.
In regards of the room amenities, this is not the Park Inn standard, however mini bar can be provided upon the request.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my first time in this hotel. I found the staff very friendly. the room was large an well equipped. I can recommend the veranda outlet. very good food. pleasant smell of the grill from the entrance. i was surprised that it was not so expensive as expected.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Maciek,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and for your comments.
Our guests's opinion is very important for us and I am sincerely happy that we managed to meet your expectations and provide you comfortable and enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Hope to see you soon,

Malmo, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am club Carlson silver member and stay at Park Inn hotels relatively often.
I had to spend a few days at this hotel for a conference, and I am sad to report that this establishment is an absolute shame for a brand I otherwise tend to associate with good quality and great service (as an example, the Park Inn on Nevsky st. or the Park Inn Sadu in Moscow are both great options that I often recommend to friends).

The building is old and the rooms are small. There is no decent air-conditioning system nor a safe in the room, and as many previous reviewers have noted the level of cleanliness leaves a lot to desire. With a very few exceptions, most of the staff is quite unhelpful and mostly gives the impression of being quite annoyed by the presence of their guests. In particular the service at the RBG grill restaurant is slow and inattentive, and it took them over an hour to serve us a couple of sandwiches and to get us our bill (which we eventually had to go and ask to pay at the desk, after asking several times at no use).

I have also had the misfortune of leaving my sunglasses on the nightstand one morning, only to realize later that day that they must have decided to go on a city tour on their own, and I have not heard from them since.

The hotel is also very far from the city center and poorly connected, so you are forced to either take the shuttle bus or a taxi, and spend 20 minutes in traffic to get anywhere. This obviously also makes the trip to the airport quite long, as the only way there goes through the city center.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else... The other Park Inn downtown is much nicer.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank FraCet
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you have experienced during your stay. You have my personal guarantee that we will follow up with all team members involved to improve our level of service, we can do much better than this.

General manager

Travellers are raving about these St. Petersburg hotels

Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel has got to be the worst I have ever been in and I have been in some duds ie pensions. I stayed there late may 14 the hotel was full of chinesse they must be the greedest people in the world ever morning they took all food to make sandwich s leaving nothing for other people they took all the water to fill their bottles and flasks there was never enough cutlery cups bowls in fact nothing the bread was stale. .try and stay away from the reception until after 10am its a mad house. It looked like the room had not been cleaned for about a week the bath was filthy no way was we going to use it there was more cob webs then people . Bar prices very expensive only good thing at the bar was the working girls The swimming pool still closed . Looks like the hotel is in the middle of a council estate well outdated never again even for nothing

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Val L
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your feedback - your opinion is very important for us as we strive to improve our service.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I will personally follow up on all the points you have mentioned to ensure better service quality in our hotel.
Next time when you plan your visit to St.Petersburg, please contact me directly, so I could take care of your booking personally and prove you that we are committed to ensuring guest satisfaction with all the services we provide here at Park Inn by Radisson.

Stefan Kueh