“only good WiFi !”

Ranked #102 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Tehran, Iran
“only good WiFi !”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was a good and clean hotel, but it has a great problem, there is no refrigerator in rooms, you should go at top floor to bring cold or hot water to room and it was vey redicules ! My hand burned! but WIFI was great in rooms and it was free, I Loved it!
To nevsky prospect you shoud take the bus c7, It longs 20 to 30 mins. totally I couldnt relax there, because i couldnt drink tea and cold water easily in my room. there are many doors in coridors that makes difficult passing

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nazanintehran
Maciek M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest (nazanintehran)!

Thank you very much for leaving your valuable feedback.
It is unfortunate to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
It is indeed correct that kettles and mini bars are not provided standard in our rooms, they are however available upon request through our front office.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Maciek Miazek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Unsure what to expect I was at first impressed but less so as the stay wore on. The hotel is dated and actually reminiscent of a college dorm. Rooms and beds are very small and room was sparse. Unsure if this is typical Russian accomodations but by North American standards they were, at best 2 star. The breakfast buffet was adequate and the accompanying bar and plaza was quaint. The workout facility was was very good but not actually part of the hotel and required a further fee. location was alright but some distance from city center.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kids_tour_director
Maciek M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest (Kids_tour_director),

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya.

Paris, France
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'd like to start out by saying that I have lived in Russia, speak fluent Russian, and I'm fond of the country and its people - so this is in no way an uneducated rant about misunderstood cultural attitudes etc. However, this hotel purports to be a Park Inn, so when I booked in for a conference at exorbitant rates (around 140 euro a night) I was expecting a certain standard of hotel. What I got was the following:
1) A slightly grimy 'renovated' room, which would have been fine for a Formula One (30 euro a night) complete with nailed-down soap and shower gel in the bathroom, but which for an expensive hotel was utterly pathetic. A bonus was someone else's body hair stuck to the soap container. It was always far too hot in there and the 1970's aircon produced the kind of weak trickle that you get if you half-open a fridge and sit in front of it.
2) A valuable and indispensable personal item mysteriously vanished from my room. Instead of saying 'Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that, I wonder what we can do to help?' the receptionist's first response was a stony-faced "Well, there's actually no proof it was ever in your room". A Kafkaesque day ensued in which I was invited to call the police, set up a polygraph test (which I thought only existed in 70's spy films), I was told I had to submit proof of the cost of the item before they could replace it; I was invited to watch security footage showing no-one broke into my room (why? surely they ought to be trustworthy enough to watch it themselves and report the correct conclusion?) I had to provide a written claim to the head of security, who promptly started to attack my claim as though he were a prosecution lawyer, and when they finally gave up and agreed to replace the item so I could manage to travel home, it was about five pm. I understand that things get broken and lost in hotels sometimes - although of course you should always be able to leave things in your room without fear of them going walkabout. However, treating your guests from the start like thieves and liars is no way to run a business. If I hadn't been so tenacious, or unable to speak Russian, I would have been left high and dry.
3) Whilst searching high and low for said item, I found two unused packets of condoms under my mattress. I suppose it's the equivalent of a chocolate on one's pillow. (Please see photos.)
4) This hotel is miles from anywhere - a marshrutka ride from the nearest metro - and is fantastically ugly.
5) Service was rude and unbearably slow in the RBG restaurant.
6) While waiting for a colleague to come back to her room one evening, I thought I'd just sit down on the hall carpet for a moment. I'm glad I looked before I sat, though, as there was the unmistakeable spatter pattern of vom all over the carpet and slightly up the skirting board - clearly it had been left there so long it had bleached the carpet.
7) My shower hat vanished.
8) There was no safe in the room, and scarcely any room to put your clothes - a single glass cupboard and a couple of shelves.
9) When the internet wasn't working and I needed to print something off, I told the receptionist, who said she'd call a 'specialist'. I actually managed to get it working again, but then the specialist turned up, and, without asking, without checking what I was doing, barged in under the desk and unplugged the router, which disconnected the internet and crashed the whole online check-in process.
In all fairness, I should also say I thought breakfast was ok, and quite a few of the staff on front desk were pleasant and helpful. However, that doesn't make up for the fact that this is a terrible hotel, and that there are so many other much nicer places you could stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. However, if you have to, it's good to know that the bay view rooms face west...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Arthur654
Dear Guest (Arthur654),

Thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate all feedback here at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya as it helps us to constantly improve our products and services.
First of all, please, accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. We will look into all rhe issues you have mentioned and take necessary measures.
I appreciate your mentioning that the issue with the missing item was resolved to your satisfaction.
If you still have any concerns, please, contact me directly via my e-mail: maciek.miazek@rezidorparkinn.com
I do hope we will be able to welcome you soon again,

Kindest regards,

Travellers are raving about these St. Petersburg hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 July 2014

When I was given my card to go to my room it was a maze. I went round and round trying to locate my room. I had to by heart my way so that I would not go around in circles again. Nothing great about its buffet breakfast and dinner either. Me being a vegeterian did not have much choice in the food. In the morning there would be no place to sit and have breakfast. Also many a times there would be no spoons around. The only good thing were the shops which sold nice souvenirs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KuehrS, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is very important as we strive to improve quality of the service we privide in our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations, and will make necessary measures to improve the situation. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you might experience during your stay.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you soon again, if so, please do not hesitate to ask our team if you would require anything to make your stay more comfortable.

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure what I expected but this was a hell hole. Corridors stank, windows were dirty, beds uncomfortable. Decor is stuck in soviet 80's and probably hadn't been updated since. Staff were nice enough but even that was a mixed bag.
Bar was pretty good if you could ignore the various 'ladies' openly doing business.
This hotel is huge, possibly part if the problem, and it's also a pain to get anywhere. If you're herein a city break don't stay this far out.
Breakfast was like being landed in a UN food aid programme. Really hellish.
I know it's Russia but I really expected more.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Slim6969
KuehrS, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review concerning your stay in our hotel. We appreciate feedback that we get from our guests as it helps us to improve our service. We will focus on the moments that you mentioned in your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you might have experiences during your stay.
Hope to welcome you in our hotel again,

Kindest regards
NEW DELHi India
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

It's a big hotel but far from being BIG . The moment you arrive in your room , there is nothing to welcome you , even the customary complementary bottled water is missing . A weary traveller unable to speak Russian is at total loss . The toiletteries are just basic and rather frugal . The only positive point about this hotel is the Breakfast which was good and the people at the reception helpful . Room service are discouraged as it comes with a service charge . If you have specific work in this area you may choose this hotel .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DK683
KuehrS, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback.
Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
Hope to see you again,

Kindest regards
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

All you can see is mess in reception full of passengers, break fast was terrible, also our room did not have refrigerator!!!! i can say for sure that it's not 4 star hotel!! toothpaste,shaving kid .... weren't available.
what i wanna say is that don't expect to see something eye catching, the hotel is very very average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bahramsang
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya and for sharing your valued opinion with us.
It is unfortunate to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
It is indeed correct that refrigerators and amenities you have mentioned are not provided in our standard rooms, they are however available upon request through our front office.