“Bad Service”

Ranked #79 of 355 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Cairo, Egypt
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel is really strange... They switch off air condition at night and when you asked them why? They tell you, because of the noisy... and when you told them, it's really hot, they answer you, open the window... will it be noisy or what??????????
Their breakfast is really poor, nothing special... Their room service is awful, they even don't put the water they should put every day and I'm staying in business room.

I really don't advise anyone to stay in.. it's awful hotel...

Room Tip: I don't recommend at all
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amr M
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Amr M,

I thank you for taking time to express your opinion about Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya!

Please, accept my sincere apologies if our hotel failed to meet your expectations. I will forward your remarks to relative department managers to fix the issues.

Kind regards,
Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya, St. Petersburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 29 June 2013

it is quite big, easy to get lost in the endless corridors of rooms. feels like you are inside of a big "hotel machine". it all works somehow but comfort, hospitality and attention to details is lost somehow... worst park inn i ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BF77
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback of our guests is essential because it helps us improving our services.

Please accept our sincere apologies if your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. We will do our best to improve points that you mentioned.

Travellers are raving about these St. Petersburg hotels

Russia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel back in 2004 when it was just 'Pulkovskaya'. It was that type of giant Soviet dinasaurs that cannot be proud of anything but size of the building. Unfortunately, since it became Park Inn, it did not change much. The location is good if you go the the airport but awful if you want to go dowtown in the morning, jams everywhere. If there are no jams, you should still count with 30 minutes of a taxi trip to the Hermitage. These were the 'white nights' days plus Saint Pete's International Economic Forum (SPIEF) period when the whole city is full of tourists, police and security cars honking. I could not find a reasonably priced room at the usual hotel chains, so I had to chose this one. It looked like it was full of tourists. Check in was starting well and Xenia even tried smiling. She did not specify what room I am getting, so I asked, the answer was: standard queen. I asked for an upgrade, as I am the Gold customer. She went to consult her manager, came back and offered a smoking executive room. The room wasn't smelling as a smoking one, maybe just a little bit. However, I was shocked to see that the room size was close to 'standard' at other Park Inns I have stayed at. The biggest problem was I could find neither aircon control nor I could open the window. The air in the room was hot and stuffy. I called the reception and the same girl said with a metal in her voice that the aircon is a 'joint' system and could not be controlled from the rooms except for the suites. They have sent a guy with a special lever to open my window. That eased the situation a little bit but there was a busy roundabout behind the window. I had to chose between stuffy, hot room and street noise.

The room was clean but one of the glasses smelled fish. Otherwise, same Park Inn entourage.

The Paulaner restaurant was also huge. The hostess immediately told me that the lunch was with the 'time limit'. She explained that all the tables are usually booked for the evening, weeks before, by people who want to 'have rest' in the city for the weekend, and that live in the suburbs. I cannot understand why they don't keep a number of tables reserved for the hotel guests but offer them to strangers. Unbelievable. I am sure I could get a table for the evening if I bribed the hostess, but I never do that. The service was mediocre - they bring you the second course while you are still working on your salad. The plates are huge, the beer and the food is good.

I would never stay again there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value feedback of our guests very much because it allows us improving necessary areas.

Please accept my sincere apologies if your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I will forward your remarks to relative departments and follow up work of employees.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The air conditioning does NOT work at night, which hotel does that?! They suggested that I open the window, which I did but then I couldn't sleep because of the traffic outside.

The rooms are simple, no minibar, small bathroom, no king size bed, you know it - just an average 3 star hotel.

Far away from the city center, but close to the airport. Take bus 39 it's amazingly cheap and fast. Free shuttle bus from the hotel is possible, but does not run frequently.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Please, accept our sincere apologies if your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I assure you that we will carefully work on issues, mentioned in your reviews. We will do our best to improve the situation because comfort of our guests is our priority.

We will be glad to welcome you in our hotel!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Strategic location vs. Pulkovo airport makes this hotel very attractive for crews and short biz trips. Too big and crowded to stay longer than 1 night being pretty distant from city center. But for those visiting Pushkin, Gatchina and other south locations may also be convenient. Overpriced at least twice but I was unlucky enough to plan my trip during Economy Forum which pops up all hotel fares sky high and makes it almost impossible to find a room. Nevertheless I’m happy with my experience. Wi-Fi is free and fast. Room looks new and bathroom is very practical. You have all you need and despite funky disco on the 1st floor I slept nicely on 3nd without any disturbing sounds. Window was facing backyard which is not very impressive visually but very quiet. The TV is modern with smth like 15 channels including English and German ones. B-fast is essential, hot dishes are not always refilled in time, but nothing to complain about. All in all nice hotel to have in mind as Plan B for your short trips.

Room Tip: Rooms facing backyard are quieter
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed staying in Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya. Although days with such big city events as Economy Forum are very busy, we are trying to do our best to make stay of our guests comfortable and calm. Ans as I can see in your review, we managed to achieve our main goal.

We will be glad to welcome you in our hotel in the future!

Romania
Reviewed 19 June 2013

A very large hotel, located near the airport, far, far away from the city center, but close to the subway station. The standard rooms are poor, maybe 3*, with no cosmetics. The hotel is not recently renovated, and the restaurant offers a poor quality breakfast, although is a Radisson hotel. The staff is polite but not efficient. Because of the poor quality of the standard room I paid an upgrade for the superior room and I was forced to wait for 2 days to make the check-in.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Please accept our apologies if your stay did not meet your expectations. I will forward your remarks to relative departments of the hotel to work on the issue that you mentioned.

We will be happy to welcome you in our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya, St. Peterburg
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The edifice style comes from the soviet era, with decoration and material inside trying to give a modern essence.

The overall accomodations' quality is average, not bad but not particularly good either.

Can be a choice if you need to stay close to the airport, but don't think about it when your main interests lie downtown.

Dear Guest,

I thank your for your review!

As you noted in your review, the hotel building comes from Soviet time and the hotel was built 30 years ago. We are constantly improving our facilities and rooms to make stay of our guests as comfortable as it can be. And we hope that you enjoyed your stay.

We will be happy to welcome you in Park Inn Pulkovskaya in the future!