Located on the riverside, your view will be right over the City to the Winter Palace and all the church domes. You are also a stone's throw from the Aurora, permanently moored opposite (go on look it up!). Hence here you are immersed in the landscape and history of Saint Petersburg. Do see the other reviews. Further comments after my tips-
1. The Hermitage is inside the Winter Palace and they are synonymous. **Only the latter was named on my map!**
2. English: Most if not all of the staff in the hotel have a bit of English. Don't forget to say 'spasiba' though.
3. Travel (metro) - 10 mins walk to the Metro at Ploschad Lenina. Hand over 28Rubles for a metal coin token for any journey. 3 Stops south for Nemivsky Prospect. Easy.
4. Travel (taxi) - they take cards for payment. And drive like the clappers.
5. Money. There are cash machines in the hotel and in every Metro station.
More about the St P Hotel:
Yes, its a former Soviet style jobbie. Rooms with a view suffer road noise, and the curtains don't cover the whole window. My room had a re-furbed bathroom. Breakfast is a vast buffet and runs till 10.30 from 07.30. Meals and drinks available in the lobby (menus in Russian with English section too. There was no problem with getting a drink as mentioned by another reviewer). If you order a restaurant meal, dont forget a side order of carbs, or you will just get a lump of fish with nothing else. Also, it may take some time ... and arrive cold. I found them friendly enough in there though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel “Saint-Petersburg” is located in one of the most beautiful places of the city: Pirogovskaya embankment, just in front of the famous cruiser Avrora. The hotel has a magnificent view of the river Neva, historical center of the city, including Isaak and Peter and Paul Cathedrals. Finlyandsky Rail Terminal is situated in 10 minutes of walk from the hotel, getting from the hotel to the “Pulkovo” airport takes around 40 minutes. One of the main advantages of the hotel is an immediate proximity to the most popular sightseeings of Saint-Petersburg.Each room has a satellite television, phone line and personal washing composition. Apartment, Delux Suite, Superior Room have refrigerator.There are several restaurants and bars on the territory of the hotel. There are dishes of Russian, European, Japanese cuisine in the menu, also one of the restaurants is equipped with an own brewery and bakery. Life music performances are held almost daily.Panoramic restaurant “Bering”Lobby bar “Carlsberg”Concert HallNight club “Torn off balls”Restaurant "Chaplin Hall"Every year dozens of scientific congresses, symposiums, and concerts are held in the hotel “Saint-Petersburg”. One of the largest concert halls of the city with the capacity of 797 places is located in the hotel. Also there are an exhibition area and 3 well-equipped conference halls in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Saint Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Petersburg Hotel St