“Location.”

Ranked #29 of 335 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Michigan
“Location.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The location is excellent for the Hermitage and St Isaacs. The 6th floor Terrace Bar/Restaurant was great for hanging ot s the sun went down (almost) and the air cooled.

The hotel itself average and maybe a bit "worn". At least in the guest rooms. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Especially Sergey who went out of his way to help us find a 24 hour pizza delivery service and handled the ordering on our behalf.

I would stay here again based on location alone. Dining services are very limited at the hotel.

Also, there is a small 24 hour store/market few doors down which was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SoManyPlaces2C
Patrick N, General Manager at Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for your comments. We offer buffet and a la carte breakfast, plus la carte lunch in Canvas Restaurant. We also provide late lunch and supper dining on our 6th Floor Summer Terrace, as well as 24 hour Room Service.

Best regards,
Patrick Naughter, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The view from the lounge at sunset is perfect. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It is an easy walk to the Hermitage from the hotel. Suggest that you contact the hotel manager to secure a car service from the airport. The staff was friendly and provided suggestions for places to visit in St Petersburg. Will definitely stay at the Renaissance on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your warm comments. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to St. Petersburg.

Best regards,
Patrick Naughter, General Manager
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed 31 May 2013

St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel is a great spot to tour most of St. Petersburg by foot. Hotel is elegant and clean, rooms (ours at least) are very up to date.

Incredibly convenient to Hermiatge, St. Issac's, The Neva and St. Petersburg square

Alexander (bellman) and Pavel (bartender) were particularly nice and friendly. A bit pricey though.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Patrick N, General Manager at Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I’m pleased you found our location to be suitable for St. Petersburg’s top attractions, and it will be my pleasure to share your service feedback with Alexander and Pavel.
We offer a variety of breakfast, lunch and evening dining options in our Restaurant, Lounge and Summer Terrace. In addition, our Navigators routinely guide our guests on local alternative dining options.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a very comfortable hotel and a convenient location. We loved the view from our eighth floor window--St. Isaac's Cathedral and the roofs of St. Petersburg. The staff including the concierge were very helpful. We would have liked more consistent internet service. Basically, we had to go to the lobby and sign in each time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mplstraveler_13
Thank you for sharing your experience. Whilst pleased to read that our staff provided helpful service your feedback concerning internet was equally valuable. As a result of your comment we followed up with our internet partner to improve the poor wifi signal.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 28 May 2013

What a property. Excellent location, spectacular view of the Cathedral from the concierge lounge, bountiful breakfast, 2 blocks from the Vodka museum, and a speedy pass into the Hermitage. This is THE place to stay and I can't wait to return

Room Tip: Try to be high up so that you can have a view of the city
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GuyFromPasadena
Thank you very much for this positive review!
Washington DC Metro
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Excellent service and staff. Special kudos to Ms. Tatiana of reception. She is the ultimate Marriott professional-- helpful, knowledgeable, energetic and multilingual. Breakfast staff and barkeep are customer service focused and personable. The Renaissance is an oasis of friendly service... The hotel is ideally located for the St Petersburg visitor.

My room was spacious and clean, the hotel cleaning staff did a good job. Breakfast was well done and eggs are cooked to order.

Connectivity is important to me... Rooms have ethernet connections and a separate box with inputs (including HDMI) for computer connectivity to the room's wide screen TV, which is great. However, I found the wi-fi in my room intermittent at best, unless I was standing in the bathroom. The wifi in the common use areas (lobby, restaurant) was strong but required hourly log-ins. TV channel selection was fine. I would like to see CNN replaced by another news channel because I believe CNN has lost its relevance and spends more time promoting itself than giving us credible news.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are spacious, but beware they can be noisy because of the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I will certainly share your warm feedback with Tatiana and her colleagues; thank you for this!
We also followed up your comment concerning internet with our internet partner.
In addition to offering CNN, our news channel options include BBC, Euronews, France 24, CNBC, Russia Today plus several in Russian language.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I had an early check in and had to wait for three and a half hours until I received a room that I asked for prior to arriving. I was offered some rooms but they did not meet the request i had asked for by phone and in the reservation. As I had an early check in I waited patiently but the staff did not offer me anything while I was waiting for those three hours.
When I got the room there was a penetrating smell. It was clearly from the previous guest who stayed there. I tried to get a short rest but when I laid down on the bed I noticed that the smell was coming from the bed sheets. It was a shock to find out that they didn't even change the bed sheets, very disgusting.
The rooms are very mediocre compared to the price to pay (I paid $400+). The bathroom is very outdated. Using plastic shower curtains reminds me of my student time but I do not expect this to see this when I pay that much money. In the morning I also found out that there were small little holes in the curtains (see photo attached). It seems like moths marks. The room was supposed to be a deluxe room but it was very outdated, impersonal and out of style.
During my stay it was raining in St Pete, like many days. Staff told me they ran out of umbrella's, something unimaginably in a city with that much rain.
The service of the staff was not professional. Every time I asked something I felt like they were not giving the service you would expect in a four to five star hotel.
I am very disappointed especially being a platinum member with Marriott and already stayed for over 90 days in a Marriott hotel in 2013.
Are there any good things in this hotel? Yes, the towels are good, the location is convenient and the guest services desk at least tries to provide true customer service. But this hotel needs to do something about their rooms and their staff. Last time I stayed by the way the service was much better.

Room Tip: Hardly any good rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Database M
Patrick N, General Manager at Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I was extremely concerned to read of your reported experience, and this is certainly not the standard for which we are renowned.

I will review this matter personally and with priority and will contact you directly.

In the meantime best wishes,
Patrick Naughter