“Amazing staff, fantastic location, excellent value for money”
Review of Comfort Hotel

Comfort Hotel
Ranked #15 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I went to St. Petersburg with my friend for leisure, it was during the Easter holidays. We stayed at the Comfort Hotel and there are no enough words to describe how amazing the staff at the hotel were. They arranged all of our airport transfers and transfers to and from our nightlife adventures, adviced on the best places to visit and everything was always hassle free and mostly very good value for money. The head receptionist especially, helped us so much with finding suitable places to go and dine at evenings and was extremely patient to find the perfect match.
The room was very comfortable and very warm. We had a pc with broadband in our room and the bathroom was very spacious and clean.
We had an amazing time in St. Petersburg and this was mainly thanks to our stay at the Comfort. Definately reccomend you to stay there. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fr0mRussiaWithL0ve

Reviewed 24 November 2009

We travelled quite a bit during the month of september - from Russia to Sicily - and this hotel was a (if not THE) highlight of our trip. Clean, well located. Nice big rooms. Very comfortable bed. Nice bathroom. The staff went litteraly out of their way to help us. Had a little gift for our 2 year-old son when we got in. The repairs did cause some dust in our room - the maid had left the window open - and they did all they could as fast as they could to clean everything (perfectly I must say) and even wanted to offer us a bottle to compensate. We did refuse it but appreciated the act that they did. Irene has been a wonderful "auntie" for our little son and she gave us the best advice for restaurants and such. This is where we will stay next time we go to St Pet. It is a stressfree-friendly-clean place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Great location, lovely staff, nicely cleaned, very good breakfast!
I really enjoyed my stay in Saint Petersburg and it's thanks to this hotel.
Last summer '08 I travelled alone to St. Petersburg and stayed 10 days at this hotel. I hade a nice accomodation, very close to the city center, I managed to walk to almost everything I wanted to see, and the room was well decorated and cleaned.
The staff was always ready to answer to my questions and came with nice suggestions, which made my stay even better!
The hotel is easy to find and located in a nice street, not to noisy.
I warmly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We'been in Skt Petersburg in June 2009, during the White Nights Festival. The hotel is beautifully located one street from Nevsky Prospect. Is clean, with warm and helpful staff and the price is more than decent.
When arriving at the airport, it would be advisable to have the exact address of the hotel ready for the taxi driver. There are 2 Comfort Hotels in the city and a confusion is costly. There is a fix taxi price from airport to center, but if you arrive at a wrong address you have to pay the extra fare to the correct address.
Also, be aware that Comfort Hotel does not look like a traditional hotel from the street side. The entrance is marked by a name plate, but the hotel as such is at levels 2 and 3 (as far as I remember, anyway, not at the street level) and you have to take the elevator to the reception desk.

We had tickets at Mariinsky boght a good while in advance directly on the theater's site. It was a good decision (advised by Veresh, tripadvisor expert on the city) and I recommend everyone to avoid the so many sites that sell Mariinsky tickets at incredible higher prices.

Also through internet we bought Hermitage tickets and for a slightly higher price we avoided a depressingly long cue. Even so, due to the museum's strange organisation, there was not a special desk for prepaid tickets. Instead, we were simply supposed to skip the line and go directly to the counter. Consequently we had problems to explain to the people standing in line for many hours all the story. The museum advertised on the site that tickets bought online assure a no-cue access. There was, though, a difficult and rude moment . People tend to behave like this after hours of waiting, it was not their fault..

All in all, the city looks wonderfully revived. All beautifully restored palaces, a lot of museums, places to visit, streets to stroll...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights early August.

Booked all arrangements with hotel by email. They arranged visa letters and transfers from the airport. On arrival at the hotel one wondered what on earth we had booked. Unfortunately the building was covered in scaffolding - the outside is undergoing renovation.

The location is ideal. Easy walking distance to many of the tourist attractions, ferries , nightlife etc. alocation ok for walking at night. never felt threatened in any way.

Close to many restaurants both good and not so good.

Staff at hotel very friendly and could not do enough for you. As we we had not bothered to learn to speak Russian was pleased thatall the staff we met at the hotel could speak english very well.

Rooms are ok. Not huge but big enough. Clean enough and comfortable enough. You should always try however and book their deluxe rooms - a bit more spacious.

Our rate (very reasonable when you compare with other hotels round about) included breakfast -juice, scrambled egg, sausage, tomato, cheese, etc. Only complaint there was that one 2 slice toaster was not enough for the number of guests.

Wopuld def stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Katrin_spb, Ekaterina Kleopina, General Manager at Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

Dear Gdlnambucca!

Thank you for choosing our hotel.
We are very sorry for inconveniences during your stay caused by repair works on our building arranged by the Government of St.Petersburg.
We would like to inform you that all the construction works have already been finished. Pictures of our renovated building are available on the hotel’s photo pages on tripadvisor.com as well as on Comfort Hotel web site.
Thank you for bringing my attention to necessity to install an extra toaster.
Now we have 2 toasters, hopefully makes breakfast more comfortable.
Thank you for an understanding and your stay with us!
We would be glad to see you again in our hotel during your next trip to Saint Petersburg!

Best regards,

Ekaterina Kleopina

Reviewed 19 October 2009

At present there are external renovations so the front of the hotel is covered in scaffolding and green mesh - and can be very hard to find if there is a large constructin van parked in front of the temporary sign (as there was when we were trying to find it!). However, inside it's not a problem - it's all clean and quiet.

All the staff who assisted us in our three night stay were excellent, friendly and genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs and believe that personal service and being able to help guests get the most out of their stay is the best way to assist.

Our room was very small, but clean. Each room is probably different because there are only about 12-16 in the whole place.

This is in a great location, close to the main shopping districts as well as several touist attractions and palaces (too many to name individually).

If you're after something centrally located and small with great personal service (that still has many of the conveniences of the large hotels such as easy 24 hr security access, free internet in reception area, breakfasts, etc) then this is a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alongwaysouth
Katrin_spb, Ekaterina Kleopina, General Manager at Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2009

Dear Alongwaysouth!
Thank you for your review!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Our staff apply all efforts to make our hotel "a home away from home" for our guests.
We will be glad to welcome you back to Comfort Hotel whenever you come again to visit Saint-Petersburg.

Best regards,

Ekaterina Kleopina

Reviewed 30 September 2009

I don't write many reviews but I felt compelled this time due to my wonderful stay at the Comfort Hotel. I extensively researched my hotel through TripAdvisor and other blogs and travel sites. TA and their traveler's reviews were right on in recommending the Comfort Hotel.

If you want convenient access to the Neva, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaacs, and the Hermitage you can't find a better location. I easily walked to the major sights, numerous shops, and a multitude of restaurants. Yes the construction on the hotel's facade was disappointing but it did not bother me at all in my room as all of the work was done from 9-5 while I was out of my room touring the city.

My "classic double" room was very clean, efficient, and small (which I expected). For those travelers in the U.S., think "Hampton Inn" as a baseline for efficiency. If you are expecting luxury, book yourself into the Astoria down the road (which has a very nice high tea by the way). I was looking for value and convenience on this trip. Let's not confuse value with "cheap". I was VERY comfortable and EXTREMELY happy with the service I received at this hotel which was due in a large part to the friendliness, helpfulness, and courtesy I received from the front desk staff; primarily IRIN and SVETLANA. Their help in all categories of recommendations from ferry schedules, to tours, to restaurants, to markets, to directions to my favorite local donut shop (Pyshki) proved invaluable.

The breakfast was fine and offered several hot and cold options. Tea and coffee throughout the day in the breakfast room was very convenient and a nice way to take a break from the day and plan the next journey. The breakfast room was a great place to meet travelers from around the world and hear great stories and pick up good travel tips.

I wish the WiFi worked in my room. It was functional on the first day but not for the balance of my stay so I had to use my computer in the breakfast room or use the hotel's computer in the lobby; a minor inconvenience.

If I had a bigger budget to spend on a fancier, more luxurious hotel, I would still come back to the Comfort Hotel because of the outstanding service.

• Stayed: September 2009