“Location Location Location”

Ranked #12 of 345 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Waikoloa, Hawaii
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Walking distance to most places on the "must see" list. Friendly, English speaking staff. We were able to check into our room, even though we arrivedd at 4 a.m. Good breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank pkchristensen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I stayed here for one night. On arrival (8:00am) the managment kindly allowed me to check-in early which was a god send after an 8 hour train ride from Moscow. I found the rooms very clean and the staff extremly friendly. The hotels location is fantastic right in the heart of St Petersburg and I would recommend this to any traveller!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank johnboy9510335
hampshire
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Having discovered Comfort Hotel via tripadvisor and having spent seven nights there, my only minor critisism is lack of lighting above the desk in the bedroom - and no plug in the wash basin! Reception staff were unfailingly helpful and all spoke English. Buffet breakfast suited me and the availability of free tea and coffee 24 hours was a bonus. The city is out of this world - moreso seen under the heaviest snow and coldest temperatures for several years ie: minus 28C! The Metro is foolproof, signs in English, 25p a journey. The Red City Tour bus worthwhile, in two hours one locates the major sights and helps to get one's bearings. The Hermitage Repository at Staraya Dereyevna is worth a visit. Do not miss the Russian Museum. At the Mariinsky Theatre avoid 2nd row seats in the Belle Etage, view is obscured unless you stand! I shall return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank oliver030
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2010

This hotel is in a great central location, just around the corner from St Isaac's Cathedral and heaps of other great sites to see!

Not knowing any russian i didn't want to take my chances with busses from the airport so got the hotels taxi service and their driver was super friendly and we had a great conversation.

The staff at the hotel were helpful with everything, got me a map and showed me all the places to check out and recommended some places to eat.

The hotel has free tea, coffee, biscuits and muffins all day which was great to come back to to warm up a bit before heading back out in the cold! They also have free internet.

Loved this place and it was a great start to my stay in St Petersburg!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
4 Thank Penpen5
Scotland
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I booked this hotel solely on the reccomendations on trip advisor and I was very impressed. I stayed here for a few nights in June '09. The reviews say it all - all members of staff are very friendly and helpful, particularly with arranging the tourist invitataion to Russia. The cental location could not be better with St Isaac's cathedral a few minutes walk at one end of the road and a similarly short walk to the Hermitage, just over Nevsky Prospket.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room was a good size. If you turn left out the hotel, there are a couple of litlle shops to buy water and other tourist supplies.
I was also pleased that the hotel arranged my airport transfers and timed them really well; meeting me off the flight and, on departure, leaving sufficient time to get from the hotel to the airport, without any hanging around or stress that I might not make it in time. I hope to go back in a few years' time. Thank you to the team at the Comfort Hotel and the trip advisor reviewers.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank LittleCasp
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I spent 7 nights at the Comfort Hotel. I was delighted with my room and the location, minutes from St. Isaac's Square, the Hermitage and Nevsky Prospekt. The service provided by the hotel staff ranks among that which I have received at 5-star hotels in the city on previous visits. I recommend this hotel to one and all and will most certainly stay there again on my next visit to St. Petersburg.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul G
UK
Reviewed 19 December 2009

The hotel is less than a minutes walk from St Isaacs Cathedral and Nevinsky Prospekt. Although basic facilities it was clean and warm with really helpful service from all the reception staff. The beds were exceptionally comfortable!

Ask the reception staff for recommendations for restaurants - they gave us excellent tips for nearby good places to eat - and ask for a business card so that you get a better exchange rate at the bank next door. Unfortunately the breakfast served at the hotel wasn't up to much...the bread was cheap sliced stuff, the porridge was very, very salty (inedible in fact) and there wasn't a great choice of cereals. But there are coffee shops all around so breakfast out of the hotel isn't a problem.

We had a great trip and found the Russian's friendly and helpful. Although we only learnt "hello", "goodbye" and " thank-you" this seemed to impress most people we spoke to! I'd thoroughly recommend St Petersbur and this hotel to anyone wanting to go somewhere different, breathtaking and memorable.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeetleCat
Katrin_spb, Ekaterina Kleopina, General Manager at Comfort Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2009
Dear BeetleCat!
Thank you for your review. Your opinion is very important for us. We beg our apologies for dissatisfaction with breakfast . I appreciated if you contact me personally to clarify the date of the mentioned confuse with the porridge, a problem with salty. We take care about quality of food for our quests and we will do all our best to avoid this situation in the future.
Hope you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would be more then delighted to see you again!
With best regards ,