“Pleasant surprise in St Petersburg”

Altburg on Grecheskiy
Altburg on Grecheskiy
Tallinn, Estonia
“Pleasant surprise in St Petersburg”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

With a couple of friends I did the Trans-Siberian railway and it was one of the best adventures I ever had. We decided to finish your voyage in St Petersburg instead of Moscow, and It was amazing. Russians are amazing people, but sometimes they are a bit rough, so are their hotels. That is why it was such a huge contrast when we arrived to Altburg na Grecheskom. The rooms were very nice and clean, the staff provided us with all the maps and tips on where to go and what to visit. The registration (needed to stay in any Russian city) was provided without any hustle. And when we told that we were extremely tired from the trip and we wanted to sleep longer, the breakfast was served in our room in the after breakfast hours! Plus, everything was done with a smile :-) It is also very central, so we could walk to the most of attractions on foot :-) Hello to the staff and see ya soon :-))))

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stay in St. Petersbourg in different hotels - travel often on business. Some trips I experienced expensive 5 star hotels. I was not too impressed, yes, of course, nice and well designed, but very expensive and all services inside très cher. Some time ago I decided to stay in smaller hotels - they are more personal. I was very happy with my last discovery - Altburg. It is in a regular house on a first floor. Hotel itself is new, nice design. I did not take a picture, but I found one on their site which I borrowed to post here - this is exactly how my room looked when I arrived. Good standard and service good. I felt they care about people more than in large 5 star hotels. Minus was that staff did not speak too much English language, but we managed to communicate fine. No problem. And very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I went with my husband toa honeymoon to russia. We fly to Moscow from Hanoi and spent nice time in Moscow to see things and shopping. After Moscow we come to S.Petersburg by night train. We arrive to train station 5 minutes to walk from the Altburg hotel. S.Petersburg is very pretty! We love it! Very romantic for our heneymoon! Hotel is very nice, help us: theater tickets, taxi, print. Administrator always to help us. They gave us champagne when know we are for honeymoon. We liked how it is decorated: colour and furniture. Everything new and confortable. We tell our friends to come here! Thank you from Hanoi!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Muscat
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I came to Moscow on business trip for 3 days. My company made all arrangements for moscow. I heard a lot about sank petersburg and decided to visit it. I booked Altburg hotel for my 4 days in the city. I liked it. Staff is good, rooms clean, nice furniture. Price is good. I found that moscow and st. petersburg are expensive towns. To find a good place with good price is not easy. Location was also good. It took me few minutes to get from the railway to hotel. Good area and in the center of everything. Main street Nivskiy prospect is just there. When i arrived i was surprised that it is in residential house...occupaying first floor. But no problem, this was ok. And inside high quality.

Room Tip: rooms good