Stayed here for four nights on sightseeing trip.
This is a difficult hotel to grade as it is a quality establishment with good service but in the main I would describe the hotel as very good but not outstanding. We were in the standard entry level room which was of good quality but you could have been in any newly opened 4 star plus/5 star hotel. The room was large enough as was the bathroom, so no complaints on that front.
The plus points were:
- Very central location and convenient for most of the sights
- Good and helpful service (the air con in our first room was making a noise and we were relocated to another room within 15 minutes). This was a major plus rather than the usual which would have been to send for the maintenance man!
- Percorso restaurant was very good with a chef who took an interest in his diners. The service here was excellent and friendly (whilst expensive it is no more than the City's other better quality restaurants)
- Nice open main restaurant for breakfasts etc (light and airy)
The slight minus points were
- Whilst ok, the breakfasts were not to usual FS standards
- The lobby area is disjointed so the hotel felt it lacked a soul
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would come back as it would never be a wrong choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg provides the dream St. Petersburg experience. Just two blocks from the Winter Palace and Hermitage Museum, the House with the Lions began life as the palace of Princess Lobanova-Rostovskaya in 1820. Its distinctive triangular layout adjoins St. Isaac’s Square, home to the famous St. Isaac’s Cathedral, designed by the same architect – Auguste de Montferrand. The palace has been carefully restored, and boasts several heritage protected areas, including stunning granite grand staircase. Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg offers 183 spacious and comfortable guest rooms, including 26 suites, featuring state-of-the art amenities to satisfy the needs of the most discerning customers.Dining in the hotel is led by Michelin-starred Executive Chef Andrea Accordi. One of the palace’s original courtyards has become a glass-roofed winter garden – home to the Tea Lounge that provides a sunny setting for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and a light supper. Comfortable seating adjoins an indoor garden abundant with trees and flowers.Xander Bar, named after Russian Tsar Alexander I, boasts a double-faced fire place and amazing views. The walnut-faced walls convey a warm, welcoming atmosphere, further enhanced by the live fire. Sintoho, Asian restaurant, derives its name from the cities of Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong. The restaurant features a sushi-bar and a dining room with a teppanyaki table – the only one in St. Petersburg.Opening in August 2013.Percorso, restaurant of authentic Italian cuisine, features the show kitchen and great wine collection. Opening in September 2013.The hotel also features a unique four-level Luceo SPA, with 8 treatment rooms, 24-hour fitness center, and spectacular triangular pool under a sky lit glass dome.Opening in November 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.