“#1 Hotel in St. Petersburg”

Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg
Ranked #3 of 334 Hotels in St. Petersburg
USA
“#1 Hotel in St. Petersburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel will make you very happy as well as visiting this city. The hotel is very up-to-date as well as historic and safe. The staff do an excellent job in helping guests. They will try to everything to make you stay here happy and safe.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Stephen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Rye, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

First time to Russia and I did not want to take chances so we paid up for the four seasons. It's fantastic. From the spa and gym to the afternoon tea everything is lovely and elegant. And the location is ideal. Walk to the Hermitage, St. Isaacs and the Neva. And it's not even that expensive when you consider what you spend on much lesser hotels in other cities.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank James K
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have wanted to visit St. Petersburg. I decided on this hotel based upon the reviews. This hotel is a value at its price compared to many other FS in the world.

I booked the hotel and they assisted and emailed all the documents I needed for my VISA.
I had arranged a transfer with the FS with one of their cars, from the airport to/from the hotel. I was greeted by a friendly young lady with my name on a Four Seasons sign as soon as I came out of baggage. She introduced myself, and had a i-pad and said she would check me in to my hotel room at the airport so all I had to do is pick up my room key. WoW! Cost of the transfer was like $100.

She escorted me to the FS BMW 7 series and driver. The car had wifi, water, and was a great easy 30 min ride to the hotel. The FS has 5 7 series BMW cars to drive clients as needed, which we used to and from a restaurant for dinner a couple of nights. They also have a fleet of private taxi drivers that drive for the hotel. I recommend working with the concierge when going out to set up and arrange your transportation. Most of the FS taxi and driver’s speak English and very helpful. We did try to get a taxi on the street and that was a nightmare – not many spoke English, they did not want to drive us anywhere even when we had the FS people on the phone to translate to help, and when we did get a street taxi we got overcharged. They conveniently never have change for the fare.
My tip is get the cell phone for the FS taxi that drops you off so you can call to have them on call to take care of your transportation needs for the day.

We arrived to a beautiful palace/hotel, and warmly greeted from a wonderful front reception staff.
The entry way and lobby of the hotel is just stunning and beautiful. The roof is ornate with gold inlets and all the entry has the beautiful FS Centerpiece with hanging flowers and plants.
We had a nice large – modern super clean room with a spacious bathroom. The bathroom had heated floors – a bathtub, and sunflower hand held shower head.
I loved how modern and nice the hotel was and all the modern nice amenities of a FS hotel, free wifi, and yet holds on to the classic interior and feel of a classic palace. Every detail is stunning, from the carpet in the hallways, the lighting, details in bars, and boutique shops.

Breakfast was nice, with all kinds of fresh fruit, breads, meats, and so forth. I opted to order the eggs benedict off the menu and it was great. The breakfast is in a nice dining area, that is comfortable and a wonderful server staff to attend to anything you need.

The concierge Olga, arranged for our lunch/dinner reservations at restaurants, arrange a private boat tour, museum tickets, and any other things we wanted to see and do.

If you do not visit the spa you’re making a big mistake. The spa staff is amazing, super friendly and arrange any treatments. I had a massage, it was one of the best treatments I have ever had. Parts of the spa is open to just enjoy on your own. As you arrive on the elevator to the spa level you will find different fresh fruit water, nuts, cookies. There is a large locker room with a steam sauna, wonderful showers, seats, with nice music playing throughout. There is a pool at perfect warm temperature 26 degrees C, with a streaming wall waterfall. The pool has various jet message stations some with streaming water for message, and others with a stand and lay down pool with bubble jets. Also wifi in the spa area, too!

There are lounge chairs around the pool just to lay and read – relax – and unwind with the light sound of music and the waterfall sound.

The property has two restaurants; one is Asian sushi and Tappan, called Sintoho, which we checked out. The interior and décor was amazing and the sushi looked great. I was really tempted by the small private teppan dinner.

But I gave in to all the amazing reviews and concluded I had to dine at The Percorso Italian restaurant. Dinner was amazing, we had appetizers, pasta, and the signature roasted duck with citrus glaze. I was not disappointed. The restaurant had a great atmosphere, with Frank Sinatra playing in the background, and a wonderful complete international wine list. My recommendation is make reservations for the booths, they are large and a bit set back offering a private, more intimate experience if you would like a romantic dinner. Wait staff very attentive and know the dishes in and out and make wonderful recommendations.

I have visited a number of luxury FS and other properties, and sometimes travel in style. This is one of my favorite hotel. It is a very unique property and enjoyed every moment of interaction of the friendly helpful staff, the beauty of the palace, and the location in the city.

If you’re in St. Petersburg this is the hotel. It is really suitable for families, couples, friends traveling, business conferences and businessmen stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank surfcali
Laurelville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I, along with our daughter and my sister's wife and daughter, just spent five nights at Lion Palace leaving August 3rd. This was out third time in the beautiful city of Saint Petersburg, previously staying at Radisson Blu, and Helvetia, both of which are fantastic hotels. The Lion Palace, in our opinion, is a much better overall experience and is where we will stay from now on during our visits here. The entire staff are so genuinely nice and welcoming and were attentive to our every need. Everywhere you go, they are helpful without being overbearing. My wife's birthday was during our visit, and they not only took care of getting her roses on my behalf, but also, without my asking, delivered a small personalized birthday cake. The concierge staff took care of all of our needs including setting up our daily activities and transportation to and from dinner. The rooms were marvelous, including air-conditioning control, heated bathroom floors, luxurious bedding and curtains, and a wonderful view of St. Isaacs Cathedral. To our surprise, we slept until 9:00 to 9:30 am and was not once woke up by traffic or hallway noise. The buffet breakfast included with our room was very satisfying, fulfilling, and included caviar each day. Last, but not least, the location is phenomenal! It is less than a minute from the front door to the ticket office for St. Isaacs Cathedral, and about a five to seven minute walk to the Hermitage Museum, and/or the Hydrofoil boats to go to Peterhof. The room came with free WI-FI as well.

We have traveled to fifteen to 20 large cities in America and Europe, always staying in top tier hotels, and this was definitely in our top two or three hotels that we have stayed in. It is truly a Palace but welcomes you with a down home feel at the same time.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Cathedral and there was absolutely no noise at all.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RAMLaurelville_Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Was really pleased with the hotel! Ideal location: downtown, but not noisy at all. Great room with a perfect view, wonderful breakfast, variety of choice for lunch and dinner. Well trained stuff. Yes, it cost money, but it makes you feel really special! Will be happy to get back.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Екатерина А
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my first stay in a Four Seasons property for a long while and I am now a devoted fan. The level of detail they go to to ensure guest comfort was apparent at every turn. My daughter and I stayed in a deluxe twinned suite that was very generously sized and had windows opening to the inner courtyard. The furnishings are as divine as the photos indicate and bathroom had heated floors and a television screen in the mirror that could be viewed from the bath. Staff had even placed a smaller sized bath robe in the room for my daughterl. On our last day we had a flight to get to and the staff in the restaurant worked really hard in a peak time to get our lunch to the table prior to our departure. I must say this palace was even nicer than some of the historic palaces we visited and we felt like modern day princesses from start to finish.

Room Tip: My mother had a king room which had a walk in closet - fabulous if you don't exactly travel ligh...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a outstanding Four Seasons in a great location with access to many key sites within walking distance. The breakfast is very good in a gorgeous high dome room. The suites are well appointed and spacious with nice cathedral views. The concierge is very knowledgeable and hard working (after some search they were able to identify an obscure church from iPhone picture). Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends