“Russian winter holiday”

Russian Tour Guide, LLC- Day Tours
Ranked #105 of 405 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Let Russian Tour Guide design your dream tour of Russia. We specialize in tours of St. Petersburg, Moscow and the Golden Ring. We use only fully credentialed guides who speak excellent English. Both private and group tours are available. We pride ourselves in offering the best tours of Russia. Contact us for help in planning "your trip of a lifetime."
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family and I returned from a trip to the Russian Federation to attend the Olympics and to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg. Mr. Fowler at Russian Tour Guide helped to coordinate our time in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The details of the trip was created to meet our needs and what we wanted to experience. After our arrival in both Moscow and St. Petersburg, the wonderful guides provided by Mr. Fowler took the time to understand our comfort levels and concerns about being first time visitors to their country. It was also exhibited to us by our two drivers that helped to get us to all our destinations and back safely to our hotel. I only wished we had more time to spend in Russia with so much to see.

We were asked by many of our friends, family and anyone that knew we were going to Russia; Are you Crazy? While we have not traveled extensively throughout the world, we do travel several times a year to different places. In all of those travels, there are always concerns and worries where common sense and being aware of your surroundings is what is most important.

The reality of the current situation in Eastern Europe had become more intense while we were still in Russia. I never felt afraid for our personal safety or people treating us differently because we are US citizens. It was the complete opposite. Many of the Russian people were curious about us and wanted to take pictures with us at the Olympics. Simple acts of kindness were experienced by my family while in Russia. A young security officer chased me down because I had dropped an empty bag and was not aware of it. The same thing happened in Moscow when my scarf fell on the ground on a very busy street. A man on the Sapsan train took the time to explain to us what the train conductor was checking for when passing through. In the three weeks that we spent in Russia, I found the people that we encountered to be friendly and helpful to us especially my nine year old daughter. It was comfortable enough for us to just have a snack on the street in both Moscow and St. Petersburg without our guides or being able to converse in Russian.

Traveling to the Russian Federation does require a visa and a little more attention to immigration and passport details, but following straightforward instructions made it a relatively quick and easy process entering and exiting the country. Mr. Fowler can assist with you with that as well.

I hope to return to the Russian Federation with my family in the future and will utilize the services of Mr. Fowler and his associates again when we do.

3  Thank prayforsnow808

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were fortunate to do a one day tour of St. Petersburg, Russia. We had a day and evening only as we were on a Cruise. The different Museums and above all, please tour Queen Catherine's Winter and Summer Palaces. They are not to be missed. Overwhelming and magnificent. The rooms and furniture, the paintings, the ballrooms in the Palace are something to see to believe. Gorgeous grounds and flowers were in bloom. Sumptuous in every way. Russian food is different to European food. Very tasty and different and huge amounts. The guides are fluent in English. We visited the St. Petersburg Synagogue which was palatial in every way. Jewish life has begun again in Russia after so much persecution. The city center boasts of beautiful shops with upmarket clothing and shoes. Every building we visited and drove past was architecturally spectacular. We were breathless. The date we visited was August 2012. Very pleasant weather.

3  Thank 061837
Reviewed 20 October 2013

In August we spent two days exploring St. Petersburg with a guide and driver arranged by Russian Tour Guide We had a tour just for the five of us with a spacious van, excellent driver and wonderful guide Eugenia. They even provided a wheelchair for one of our group. The company took care of visas, arranged the tour to accommodate our preferences, and did everything to make our tour perfect. One of the highlights was a dinner they arranged at the home of a lovely Russian lady who cooked a wonderful traditional meal. This company provides the best possible way to enjoy St. Petersburg!

3  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have been to Russia during the past 17 years frequently and one of the things that has always irked me is Russian Visas, usually they require and expeditor and are extremely expensive. When I found out you could visit St. Petersburg for 72 hours without a visa by booking a ferry from Helsinki while on a trip to Tallinn I was delighted. Steve Fowler had also heard of this but for some reason unable to accommodate us, he has since corrected this and offers visa free visits. We did book his services for St. Petersburg and everything he promised was available to our group of 4, a private van with excellent driver. Dennis could put the vehicle in a VW Beetle parking space. He also furnished a Hot Spot in the vehicle so we could use Wi-Fi while enroute to attractions. Anna our guide was excellent she could teach Russian history & showed us the neatest places for lunch. We booked an extra attraction in the evening which was not normally covered by transportation but it was arranged for us. All in all our second trip to St. Petersburg was better than our first 4 years ago and a delightful surprise for out daughter and her friend for their first time visit.

3  Thank dubit
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We had Svetlana take our group of 6 to visit the Jewish sights. She met us at our hotel, took us by subway (which was a real treat) to the Choral synagogue which was open throughout the Soviet period. We met with the administrator and learned the history and current life of the congregation. We then learned where the Jews lived and then went to the community center (again by subway) the building is new, houses a congregation, gym, theatre,art gallery, school and several restaurants. It was partially funded by the government. What a change in policy. We had a delicious
Lunch on the quaint restaurant and then walked to the new Jewish Museum and Tolerance center. This is the most innovative and complete Jewish museum I have seen. Fabulous interactive exhibits tracing the history of the Jews in Russia. You need a guide as not everything is translated to English. Svetlana was open, easy to ask questions to , and helpful and patient. We spent 7 hours with her and it a highlight of our time in Moscow. Highly recommend the company. We were able to add people to our group via email great day!