“Great asian style Dim sum”
Review of Pelmenya

Pelmenya
Ranked #24 of 11,487 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Reservations
Description: About us - mono-kitchen "Dumplings from around the world." No (almost) nothing more, that can prevent you taste wonderful pelmeni, khinkali, ravioli, manti, dim sum, gedza, vareniki...
Reviewed 27 February 2016

This place has 'dumplings' from all over the world and between the 4 of us we tried most of them! They were all really tasty and at very reasonable prices. We had to wait about 25 minutes for one dish which was a shame. Apart from that it was great!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

My boyfriends' family was visiting from Kirov so we decided to try this place based on other reviews and being so conveniently located.

I was iffy about their salmon pumpkin soup and assorted Asian dumplings, but I can be picky about that.

The varinkey, pelmeni, and all other dumplings were huge and delicious. We were stuffed!

Four people and a bottle of wine, the total was about 3500p.
Great price and a great relaxing evening!

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend popped in here after wandering around at Petersburg all day. I had read some reviews on it before we came to Russia and felt it would be a good spot to try. We were both very impressed. The girl who greeted us was super friendly and got us an English menu when we stumbled with our non existent Russian. She was very helpful, walked us through all the different dumplings on the menu, showing us pictures on her iPad and making some recommendations. We tried a few different styles; Russian, Uzbek and Georgian and a vegetable platter. All dishes were excellent, dumplings came out hot and fresh! Super flavourful stuff. The restaurant itself is a couple hundred metres off Nevsky but it has a great relaxed atmosphere, soothing jazzy music and cozy decor. We would absolutely recommend this place to anyone, especially any non Russian tourists who are looking for a less intimidating place to have a nice meal. They were very welcoming!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I was staying at the Radisson on Nevsky and saw that this was close and had good ratings, so I tried it. I had no idea on the different kinds of dumplings (except Japanese & Chinese), and my waitress spoke excellent English and was very knowledgeable/helpful. The prices were really reasonable, so I tried 4 different ones, even though I knew it would be too much food. I really wanted to try the different tastes and textures of fried, steamed, and combinations. Became a huge fan of the Uzbek. Khanum after eating here.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Pretty good service. As a fan of dumplings, i would recommend you to have a try here. It provides different types of dumplings, including russian, italian, chinese and japanese style. I tried the khanum with eggplant. It was really good!!