“Worse than it was,...”

Taleon Imperial Hotel
Ranked #44 of 357 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my favourite hotel, but it seems that something has changed there, because lots of people that used to work in the hotel is not there anymore and the services are just not on the same level as before. Hotel has nice location in the centre of St.Petersburg not far from the Hermitage. It has the best fitness centre and swimming pool in St.Petersburg (on the 6th floor, so you can see stars if swimming by night), the rooms are nicely decorated and posh (XVIII century style for those that like that). But some of the rooms are not well maintained and in some bathrooms you may have problem with bathtub, the services are not on the same level as before (when you order a breakfast to the room they might forget to bring some stuff that you ordered). I still like it because it is never crowded. If you have a LHW card you will get a free breakfast and will be upgraded if they have a vacant room.

Room Tip: Each room is a bit different, but I prefer the rooms in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ales11_11
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest!
I appreciate highly the time taken by you to leave the feedback at the TripAdvisor. I am happy that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel,rooms interior, facilities,especially our SPA and swimming pool. There is no need to say how disconcerted I was reading your comments concerning service provided. Let me assure you that we are working hard on keeping our service level up to the high standarts.
I would like to appologize for any inconvinience occured during your stay and to invite you to our hotel to turn the impression to positive one.
With my warmest regards

There are newer reviews for Taleon Imperial Hotel

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite well located. Great breakfast! You can actually see the sun rising from the restaurant, which is beautiful. We have had problems with our room due to a lack of hot water, but they managed to upgrade us to another room in the following day. The spa is also wonderful! Really worth staying there. Their staff can speak English and they are quite friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liafl
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest!
I was so happy to read your kind comments about our Hotel and your high estimate of our staff and quality of our services. I will definitely share with my staff your generous feedback.
Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to potential visitors.
Welcome back again!
We will be happy to have you with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Amazing location , walkways along Moika river , public transportation ( Bus ,Trams ,Boats ) , Shopping , Delight of St. Petersburg , fast food , restaurants , tourist attractions ,Banks are walking distance from the hotel ,One of the most elegant hotel I have experienced ,is a old palace converted into a luxury , interior is a museum ,largest standard room I ever been ,fabulous bathroom of a prince equipped with all the extravagance , Victoria Kondratieva the GM manage the place ,always looking for high standard . Great ambiance , Staff Helpful , professional and friendly ,Amazing Terrace overview the town , Rich Breakfast ,caviar, smoked salmon, cold cut , cheese , eggs , fruits ,potatoes , beans plus the continental , good foots at the restaurants indoor and the outdoor

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ibrahim G
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for taking time to write your generous comments on Tripadvisor and your high estimate of our location,facilities,quality of food and services.I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay and I certainly believe that our strengths are personal approach towards the client and high standarts of service.
I will be very happy to welcome you in our hotel again.
With my warm regards and best wishes,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

After a wonderful 3 nights stay at the brand new Hotel Domina Prestige, we took a short cab ride to the Hotel Taleon Imperial (walkways along part of the Moika River was under repairs, deemed not walk-able as of Sept 2013). Upon check in, we were given a gorgeous room in the oldest part of the Hotel (pink facade), with a lovely fully marbled bathroom that has a claw-legged tub (with a separate shower and twin vanity sinks), the only in the Superior twin room category we were told, spaseebo (thank you)!

The room was quite spacious, with enough space to walk about and also storage space. But the star attraction must be its brightly lit, heated floors and fully marbled bathroom, very luxurious indeed! Based on our weekend package, which only requires a two nights stay starting on a Friday night, includes daily breakfasts, two dinners and one lunch, a free tour of the Hotel's State rooms, a tour of The Hermitage with a private guide (we did not accept this, too bad) etc. Talking about good value, stay here during the weekends and go for the 'I Love you, Peter's Great Creation' package and you would never regret your choice, trust me ....

Ms Ludmiler (spelling), the beautiful lady concierge, gave us an interesting tour of the Taleon's old Eliseev Palace, oh, you should see those gorgeous rooms, all from the late 1800's, so gorgeously preserved Neo-classical and Baroque grandeur - hmm, certainly my cup of tea! Julia & Victoria, the Receptionists, all spoke very good English and were very kind to us during our short two nights stay, spaseebo, again!

Facing a rather busy street, we were initially quite worried about possible noises, but fear not, those windows were very well sound proofed! There were at least 3-4 English channels on the TV, views of the entrance of the General Staff Building to the Hermitage from our room windows, means its only 5-7 minutes to The Hermitage museum, the number one attraction in St Petersburg, can you imagine how great the Taleon's location is?

The Hotel's common areas are nothing short of WOW, WOW and WOW for a lover of Classical art like me! Even my husband who is normally not keen in touring hotel's common areas, spent much time to accompany me to admire its restaurants, bars, walkways, swimming pool, old reception area, salons, atrium cafe, etc etc. If you love all things classical, stay here, you would loved it, trust me, again.

The roof top 6th floor swimming pool was at least 20-22 m long, heated, and enough to do laps. And nearby, there was a male and female sauna, where you could sweat it out after a good swim, which I did, of course - feels just like home! Small complaint here - our twin beds are somewhat too small for adults, but we soon got used to it. And there was no kettle in the room, but requested for it in advance and they remembered our request, great service!

The 3 complimentary meals which we had separately at the Taleon Gourmet Restaurant (go for the hot appetiser with lobster sauce), Victoria Restaurant (where you also have your daily breakfasts) and Griboedov Bar were nothing short of stunning and yummy! Needless to say, our best Russian meals were here, right at The Taleon Imperial.

Location of the Taleon is also simply unbeatable, as you are literally on the Nevskiy Prospekt - the main thoroughfare in St Petersburg, with tons and loads of shopping and restaurants! The main attraction, The Hermitage museum, is also a short 5-7 minutes easy walk, what more could you ask??? The hotel rates, though not cheap, is certainly worth its money even without the 3 free meals, swear on this!

At the Taleon Imperial, much unlike the Grand Hotel Europe (which we also stayed our 6th and last night in St Petersburg), you would feel much more privileged and special here. And though not cheap, you would feel you have finally gotten your money's worth here. I mean, there are no group tours here, so, you will feel really pampered and the Hotel's common areas are so museum like .... So if you want to splurge in this beautiful city, do it at the Hotel Taleon Imperial!

For us, the Hotel Taleon Imperial is the ONLY hotel we would consider going back to if we ever return to St Petersburg. Since we have stayed at a total of 3 hotels in the city, we seriously felt that we can safely come to this conclusion. Hope you would feel the same and book your stay here, you would be so so glad that you did, so do yourself a favour and stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, quiet room facing the Moika river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JChua
Reviewed 23 September 2013

On our arrival at this superb hotel we walked into pure splendor, everything from the reception to the bar area you pass through screams elegance.
To my delight our room was what dreams are made of, with a bathroom to compliment all the extravagance.
This hotel is is situated in beautiful St Petersburg, with shops and sites all within walking distance, breakfast was also a real treat, with superb service.
I highly recommend this hotel to any-one looking for a romantic treat, it's an experience I will never forget, however the drinks are extremely expensive, but all part of the experience.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, and it was better than some of the others I saw.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michy312595
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your time sharing your experience of Taleon Imperial Hotel. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your staying and flattered to receive your high appraisal of hotels interiors, the room and facilities. Your praising our city and description of its attractions is for sure very important for those who have intention to visit St. Petersburg.
We look forward to welcoming your back to our hotel and will do our best to make your stay even more pleasant.
Kindest regards,
Viktoria K.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Taleon is a former Palace that has been converted into a hotel. The architectural style on the interior exudes charm. The staff were helpful and courteous. Our room was a large corner room looking out on Nevsky Prospect and had, probably the most fabulous bathroom we have ever been in. There are cheaper hotels to choose from but, in our view, the added price was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Guest!
This is a great pleasure for me to read such positive review as yours.Thank you for mentioning hotel s style, location and facilities,we appreciate your kind words.The positive feedback from satisfied guests is the best reward for us.I was pleased to read your warm wards regarding our staff and level of service.I will certainly pass your kind comments to them.
Should you have any questions or requests please contact me directly. And,of course, we are looing forward to welcoming you back to Taleon Imperial Hotel and to make your stay pleasant.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

A flash back to the Russian Czars. A magnificent hotel with opulent rooms, modern bathrooms, great location, excellent restaurants for breakfast and dinner and friendly, welcoming staff.

If you stay in any hotel in St. Petersburg or even Russia, stay here. Kempinski in Moscow is a great 5 star hotel; so is Hotel Europa in St. Petersburg, regarded as the highest standard in Russia and I have stayed in both. Taleon Imperial rises above both, in my view, with its noble history, large suites and rooms, its remodeling up to a first class hotel, worldwide standards, its new bathrooms and an unbeatable location. Here, you cannot go wrong.

Leaving for the airport, they will send you off safely in a Mercedes with a beautiful breakfast package if you leave a 5:00 am. Everything clean, spotless and great service.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your time sharing your experience of Taleon Imperial Hotel with other travellers.It is a great pleasure for me to read such positive and warm comment as yours. Your praising of the hotels location,comfort and size of the rooms,level of service is priceless for our team.We try to make every effort to ensure our guests are provided with exellent service and it is great when we get it right.
We look forward to welcome you back in St.Petersburg and in our hotel and I assure you that this time it will be even more delightful.