We spent six nights in the hotel. Our room was comfortable and well-appointed, though not large. The only quibble I have is that the rail in the small hanging cupboard runs from front to back (not side to side) to save space - not my favourite configuration.
The bathroom made up for this, however, and the shower did not flood the floor, which is a very good thing.
Joy of joy our window opened. Be sure not to fall out if you follow our example.
The hotel restaurant is a prize-winning establishment. I had one meal there (other than breakfasts - see below) and was satisfied with the food, but it was hard to judge because I ordered a plain, non-Russian dish.
There was plenty to eat at breakfast, but be warned that when there is a coach party staying in the hotel it's difficult to find somewhere to sit! And the single toaster was *diabolical* - only one slot was working, and the machine took untold ages simply to warm the bread. I only once waited long enough for a real slice of toast. It seemed weird to me that a hotel of this standard should fail to have sufficient working equipment for the residents to make toast in the morning!
The hotel lifts, too, were inadequate. During our stay one of them was out of order for a couple of days. The other groaned and wheezed and jerked like an antique, and was slow and frequently over-crowded. There is another lift "around the corner", but an employee bellowed "Staff" at us when we tried to use it. (We used it anyway).
There are many good restaurants in the near vicinity of the hotel. But you have to be fit if you want to walk from the hotel to the main tourist sites. They are kilometres away, literally. Use the metro - it's cheap and easy.
The front of house staff were friendly and helpful - and I would especially commend the concierge, Maria, for her efforts to assist us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, a 4 star hotel located in the very heart of the historical centre of St. Petersburg close to all main attractions: the Hermitage, Mikhailovsky Theatre, Russian art museum, the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, Summer garden and Marsovo Field. A perfect base to explore the city centre. Relaxing accommodation in quiet surroundings 100 meters away from Nevsky Prospect with its nightlife, bar scene and shopping. Business travelers are catered for with free Wi-Fi Internet, 11 meeting rooms and a business centre. Be indulged at the Cote Jardin restaurant, Intermezzo Lobby bar, and cozy Novotel Cafe. Unwind in our free fitness centre with steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Novotel St. Petersburg Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel St Petersburg Centre Hotel St. Petersburg
- Novotel Hotel St Petersburg