“Good value for your money”
Review of 5th Corner Hotel

5th Corner Hotel
Ranked #60 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Location is very good, Near Nevski Prospekt. Metro stations are near. Many restaurants nearby. Clean and nice hotel. Breakfast was nice. Free parking for hotel guests in the yard. Will come back later!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tomminoma

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Don´t expect a red carpet to mark your route to the room. Its lack of affectation is one of the characteristics that makes this hotel an intelligent choice in St. Petersburg. It is quiet, nice, functional and has got a heavenly breakfast for you to start your day. The personnel are very well prepared and are kind in the Russian way, that is, without ostentation.
I remember we had to leave very early the hotel and, to our surprise, they had prepared packaged breakfast for us. Do I need to say more?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARIA R
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As St Petersburg is becoming one of my favourite destinations its always good to have a comfortable base from which to explore. In the last few visits I have been guided by natives but this time I escaped on my own for a few hours, brief but still seemed like an adventure!

This is my fourth hotel and if not quite the best it was really convenient to explore the city from. The hotel is situated near to a friend (100 metres away) but this was not its main attraction. The hotel is as I say well located for going out on foot, not too far from the metro and is about 15 minutes from Nevsy Prospekt with its beautiful buildings and posh shops.

The hotel is quiet, clean, well serviced and comfortable, the rooms generously proportioned, bathroom was good, the breakfast better than the average and staff very polite and helpful.

It does not matter if you are on the main highway side of the building, the glazing maintains your peace. The rooms were clean and well laid out and the neighbourhood interesting if you like walking especially if you dare to go through some of the yards inside the buildings, almost a hollow building syndrome.

Schestya or happiness cafe is not too far away if you like a treat (3 in SP) I have tried all of them, the whole experience was great for a weekend even in the Friday evening snow, the walk to the British bakery and beyond gives you a real buzz watching the crowds on their way home in the early evening, never a dull moment.

I like to sit and draw and watch people, lots to watch here, it's like Marinsky on legs. The hotel is safe, clean, well managed and affordable - it made for a magic weekend.

Room Tip: Double room with a main road or corner position is fine, if you are offered a luggage service, take...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The Hotel is located in a strategic area close to the center of St. Petersburg.

Staff ready to give you any answer, once we achieved the room we have been satisfied immediately; cleaned, good smell ( we asked no smoking area ), king size bed ( as per our request during the booking), silent.

Each floor has a loby area with a very confortable sofa. These areas have the tea station to be used by yourself in any time.

The Restaurant is elegant, cleaned, with good music, and the food served is very good as the breakfast.

Wi-Fi works without problem.

Very good compromise to whom
want to see this beautifull city ;-)

Sincerly,

M.A.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Italicoerrante
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This hotel met with my expectations. I stayed in freezing December during the quite period before Christmas. It was centrally located and very good value for St Petersburg. I walked everywhere and found the staff excellent. I highlight for me was the breakfast which I enjoyed every morning for five days. The only negative was the smoking in the lobby area which made its way into my non-smoking room. The room was very small and so was the bathroom, but I am sure this is typical for the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The hotel was only 700m from the Alandrinski Theatre and very close to the old city
Our room was very spacious, clean with all ameneties. The steps to the 5th floor killed us after a days sight seeing. The staff were very friendly and helpful -
We enjoyed the breakfast and it was well presented. The hotel is close to nice little restaurants were we could get a very good meal till late night

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2012

everyone in this hotel appears to be on the take and on the make, at check in they first said they didnt have my reservation, then they magically found it but said they had a different rate to me 'in the system' although they would not show me anything eventually we made a deal half way between what they said and my actual reservation, i know i was ripped off but what else to do late at night in a city you dont know or speak the language

however not content with ripping me off like this for immigration / local authority police registration they charged me 1000 roubles for registartion when the guy in front of me was charged much less, less than a hundred i think, also they gave no recipt for it, although they did indeed register me with the local officials or whatever needed to be done

wish i had read other reviews beforehand as it seems quite common at this hotel for trickery

rest of hotel was average for a 2 star cannot understand why its so popular, am still angry about being tricked, well not actually mugged would be more lik ethe word for it, this has never happened to me before even in asia or africa or so called less developed countries

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business