This is my first visit to the imposing and impressive city of St. Petersburg where I also had the privilage to stay at the well known Kempinsky Hotel Moika 22. The ambience of tradtional european luxury confronts you the moment you enter the hotel lobby made even more beautiful with all the Christmas decorations. As a couple we spent 5 enjoyable nights there and these were the things we loved..
1) Location which was just a stone's throw away from the Hermitage.
2) Friendly service from staff.Here special mention has to be given to the
Doormen who were the most charming and friendly I have ever encounted
on all my travels abroad.
3) Overall hotel atmosphere luxurious and comfortable.
4) The fabulous breakfast buffet , the best in my opinion, which is included in
price of the room. The choices of things to eat are just incredible.
Before writing my review I read what others had already written. Here are the things which we did not find good and which need improvement. I sincerely hope that Management will take my comments in a constructive manner.
1) Limited choice of in-house restaurants . There is the Bellevue Brasserie on the 9th floor for fine dinning which is "over the top" expensive (we had 1 dinner there). With those prices the hotel cannot expect a good turn-over in dinning covers.There is the Bar on the ground floor which offers a small menu of selected items. We eat there twice and can recommend the "Russian Club sandwhich" which is excellent. There is The Wine Cellar but that was completely empty and void of activity when we visted one evening with the intention of having a meal there.
2) Lack of wardrobe space.We had Delux room 325 . The room itself is large but strangely, cupboard space was designed only for 1 person. It was a struggle to find space to accomodate 2. An extra free standing cupboard is urgently needed in this room . There is adequate room space for this addition
3) Lack of guest-room beverage amenities. All 5 star hotels I have stayed in offer this facility which is a welcome treat when one wakes up to be able to enjoy the first cup of coffee or tea..
However a very nice touch I found at Hotel Kempinski Moika 22 is the offer of the free flow of the very good Ruinart Champagne with your breakfast....what a wonderful way to jump start the cirulation in preparation for the day's activities.
A useful tip on restaurants .... We discovered a charming Italian restaurant within the vicinity, 7 minutes walk from the hotel offering good Italian cuisine and famous thin crusted Pizzas at very reasonable prices. So if you want a change of dinning experience go to Da Albertone tel:+7(812)915-55-01 . Just ask concierge to make your reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 is located in the historical heart of St Petersburg, on the Moika River and opposite the renowned Hermitage Museum and Palace Square. Furnished with antiques, the rooms are decorated in classical marine style decor with white and gold accents and come with a Free Wi-Fi, interactive flat-screen TV, air conditioner, , a minibar, ensuite bathrooms with heated floors, and fine bathroom amenities. A telephone line and 24 hour access to a business center provided. The 9th floor Bellevue Brasserie restaurant awes guests with its 360 degree views of St.Petersburg and offers a fine European cuisine with French accents. Guests can enjoy a drink at the cozy The Von Witte bar or experience one of the unique tea ceremonies at the Tea Room. A sumptuous continental breakfast buffet is served every morning at the Beau Rivage restaurant. The Relaxation Centre features a fully-equipped fitness room and a spa area with a sauna, a Turkish steam bath and a whirlpool. Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 is just two minutes' walk from the Nevsky Prospect, 10 minutes' walk from the Russian Museum and close to all major sights and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Hotel St Petersburg