“Excellent service and location”
Review of Casa Leto

Casa Leto
Ranked #86 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We had an excellent experience at Casa Leto. Don't be put off by the entrance - once you are inside the hotel, it is charming and comfortable. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. The room was large and clean. The dinner recommendations were excellent as was the central location in St. Petersburg. We were very pleased that we stayed at Casa Leto while visiting St. Petersburg. As others have stated, it is an oasis in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jgard

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Don't be put off by the steel entrance door and staircase to first floor which is not "owned" by the hotel - once inside the hotel is lovely - only 5 rooms but cosy with great central heating (if not a little too warm). Breakfast is in a little area with tables or on sofas with eggs, toast and pancakes. Very helpful staff on searching for restauarants (try Cafe Idiot and Gogol). Very close to Cathedral of Spilt Blood and main shops. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank binnsini
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Brilliant location and superb service from the dedicated students. A great place if you want to meet Russians and are not bothered about the lack of hotel facilities. Their restaurant recommendations were all excellent. the tea and biscuits served whenever we returned were much appreciated. A very clean and well run place -- not cheap but reasonable by St Petersburg standards. We actually liked the run down entrance staircase.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pamcumbria
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was a single woman traveler looking for a well located hotel where I would feel safe and comfortable. I looked at Casa Leto on Trip Advisor and because it got good reviews and only had 5 rooms I decided to give it a try. When I rang the bell to get into the building (Casa Leto is on the 2nd floor) I was a bit taken back, but I remembered what my Russian hosts in Moscow told me about building entryways. The entryways are maintained, or not maintained by the state. They are often disastrous and in poor condition,but the apartments inside may be fabulous. So up I went to the second floor....navigating a once grand, but now sad staircase. I rang the bell for Casa Leto and was warmly greeted by Yury, the manager. Although I arrived early, he had my room (Rastelli) ready, brought me tea and biscuits, and made sure I had a guide for the day. My room was very clean, had plenty of storage, a brand new up to date bathroom, comfortable bed, windows that opened, good amenities; bathrobe, slippers, bath products. It had high ceilings, beautiful moulding etc, but the furniture, although charming, could use a little freshening up. This would be my only suggestion. The breakfast, provided in a comfortable center room, was limited, but staff will cook you eggs/w ham and cheese if you like. Wi fi worked great and there is a laptop you can use. I would definitely go back to Casa Leto. Location is great. Service wonderful....good restaurant recommendation and always hot tea on my every return. Small snacks put out at night & candles lit. Nice touches!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the curt yard ...stree side can get noisy. .
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveler2243
Reviewed 24 April 2012

For a real taste of the Russian experience, this is the place, although it definitely has a touch of the Italian warmth (one of the owners is Italian. It was our first trip to St. Petersburg and I had no idea what to expect. The staff here was incredible to me and my son who is thirteen. The rooms have all the amenities, are nicely appointed and every need was catered to. They helped us order in pizza one night, made us numerous hot chocolates and cappuccinos, fresh water bottles all we could drink. Homemade omelets or porridge every morning. Very friendly staff and very helpful with travel arrangements. Paulina and Daria, Yuri and Max we loved you guys!
Our room was quite large, bathroom large and heated floors and Russians living above and along side you. I don't know what the origin of this building was but it is basically a small hotel located in an apartment building, the facade shows nothing of the grandeur that it once was.
Blocks from the Hermitage and everything walkable. We spent a lot of time wandering down the canals and River.

Room Tip: Walls are thick, so it seems like all rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue Ann M
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights with 2 friends - having read about the hotel in the Daily Telegraph & on Trip Advisor (of course). Great location - walking distance to The Hermitage, St Isaacs Cathedral etc . Probably the most surprising hotel entrance we have ever been through - could be much more of a feature!!
5 rooms - large, very comfortable, well appointed bathroom & very warm - plenty of comfy chairs for us all to collapse in after our daily hike round the sights of St P.. Breakfast was fine for us -eggs, porridge, yoghurt, coffee etc. Coffee or tea offered to us whenever we returned to the hotel.
Staff were excellent - especially Yuri - very helpful, attentive, great recommendations for restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms look comfortable - the 1 room that opens into the lobby / eating area might be slightly no...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights during March 2012 having selected it from the Trip Advisor reports; we were not disappointed. Located within ten minutes easy walk from Admiralteyskaya Metro station [not shown on all Metro maps] it is easy to find from the Google directions. Then look for the hotel's sign on the left hand side of the street [see hotel's photos album]. Like elsewhere in Russia, small hotels do not have their own site but share buildings. Once through the street security door you step back into when the building was constructed. Wide staircases with shallow risers and impressive plasterwork with paintings on the walls; currently all in need of renovation and better general lighting. This hotel is located on the first floor. There is no lift but I am sure the staff will meet you at the street door if necessary. The rooms all let off the hotel lobby. Ours was a large room with high ceiling and overlooked a quiet courtyard. The hotel's décor is to a good standard. The twin beds were comfortable as was the room settee. Heating ran continuously, being March. The bathroom was a reasonable size with a shower in the bath meaning we had to step into the bath to use the shower i.e. not a walk-in shower. If this is a problem, contact the hotel first. Our bathroom lighting was pin-spots, which gives a nice ambience, but it was better to shave under the bedroom mirror lighting. A full complement of towels/soaps/bathrobes/hair-dryer were provided. The refreshments come from Room Service [24/7]. Coffee/teas are complimentary and are nicely served. There is also a bar with comfortable chairs and settee.
Breakfast is the only meal served and is the usual North European menu. Croissants, yoghurt, cereals, coffee, tea, etc. However freshly cooked omelettes, scrambled eggs were offered too. Everything was served very nicely with a friendly attitude. All management staff had good working English and were eager to please. Cleaning was to a high standard, with Wi-fi and a laptop for guests in the bar. We would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends