1) was in walking distance to all the sites we wanted to see
2) has a friendly helpful staff
3) includes a comfortable and pretty room and bathroom (Rastrelli)
4) was easy to find and close to walk to after we were dropped off from the St. Peter line in front of St. Isaacs and picked up there 3 days later for the return to the ferry
Daria, the manager, provided us a bottle of champagne when learning we had just been married. My husband and I drank it that evening while talking with Svetlana, who was working the late shift. Daria, thank you for that lovely gesture. We also thank you for arranging to get our tickets to the Heritage on-line, allowing us to go to the front door immediately without having to stand in an endless line.
We live in Europe, so we don't eat a big breakfast. The blini pancakes with the dab of sour cream and wonderful jams full of whole fruit were terrific, and filling. My husband said the scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly. We usually eat a croissant and muesli with yogurt, and that was also provided. This breakfast lasted us all day until the evening meal, enabling us to see as much as possible on our 3 day visa free visit.
The building itself was historic. We'd seen formerly grand entrances to a series of palatial flats that have since been in need of refurbishing before, particularly in Barcelona. The stair steps to the Casa Leto are shallow, as in palaces in parts of Europe, to allow owners/visitors in the 1800s to glide up and down them easily with their heavy flouncy dresses, making for a regal floating impression. Today it helps when carrying suitcases.
There are grander hotels in the area (Astoria to name but one), but we prefer a less formal and more personal touch. I highly recommend the Casa Leto. We personally prefer to provide business to families with new ideas rather than corporate entities with their predictable offerings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located close to the Hermitage and St Isaac's Cathedral, Casa Leto is a small and luxurious family owned private hotel. Recommended by FT, Telegraph and Marie Claire, our concept of an 'unhotel' approach has proved very popular with discerning visitors looking for more atmoshere, style and personal attention. Our room rates include many extras as standard including free phone calls, refreshments and internet, making it outstanding value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Leto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.