The location is perfect, close to the Hermitage, the Isaac Cathedral, Nevsky Prospect, Yusupov Palace etc. The street, too, Malaya Morskaya, is interesting: Tchaikovsky lived and died here, and Gogol lived there. Excellent location for many good restaurants and bars. Staff are friendly and helpful and all speak perfect English.
The hotel is relatively well equipped, but could be better. We stayed there twice. The first time, the room was fine. The second, the room was so tiny it was claustrophobic (hence only three stars and not four).
We ate in the restaurant on the top floor - but only once. Tiny, and no surprise with hindsight that it was almost empty. The food was a mediocre attempt at Italian. The breakfast restaurant is fine, as is the breakfast itself. but there are actually too many staff on duty and hence the service is too prompt. On one occasion, I had just picked up a roll from my plate to put into my mouth and the plate was whisked away by an over-eager waiter.
The bar downstairs ok, but it has the main entrance right alongside, which means a blast of cold air every time someone comes in - which is often.
It's an old refurbished building, probably not a palace but a rich merchant's home, so it's built on typical St P style - a quadrangle. There are only two lifts - next to each other but so constructed that you can't watch both at the same time, so you have be alert. Silly mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An indoor pool, well-equipped gym and air-conditioned rooms with flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi are offered at this recently renovated 4-star hotel, just a 5-minute walk from St. Petersburg's Palace Square and Nevsky Prospekt Avenue. Italian Restaurant Trattoria Settimo Cielo offers beautiful views of St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Hermitage. Petro Palace Hotel's classically styled rooms include a work desk and a minibar. The bright, modern bathrooms feature toiletries and a hairdryer. Wi-Fi internet access is available. Spa facilities at the Petro Palace include a hot tub, sauna and massage room, and some rooms offer free all-day access. Tours of St. Petersburg can be booked at the 24-hour reception. St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Alexander Garden are just 300 metres from the hotel. Parking spaces are available for an extra fee. The brand-new Admiralteyskaya Metro Station is 200 metres from the Petro Palace Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Petro Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Petro Palace
- Petro Palace St Petersburg
- Petro Palace Hotel St Petersburg