Ambassador Hotel
US$285
US$276
  • Pool
Radisson Sonya Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$177
Akyan St.Petersburg(St. Petersburg)
US$319
US$124
  • Breakfast included
Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$323
US$462
US$421
HotelQuickly
US$408
getaroom.com
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$276
US$268
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsfloor restauranttop floorswimming poolbreakfast restaurantweek staywithin walking distancegeorgian restauranttour grouprooms are comfortablestandard roomsouvenir shoplarge hotellate at nightwifi connectiondecent sizetourist attractionsnice breakfast
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Relatively far from most attractions. They charge extra for everything, except for the internet. Definitely not a four star hotel. Beds are uncomfortable and pillows ridiculously thin. Most of the staff speak very poor English.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Ricardo_C_BR
Reviewed 28 July 2013

First, the windows in the rooms are LOCKED SHUT. I was unable to get any fresh air into my room. I activated the internal A/C system, but it did not bring any fresh air into the room.

Second, I specifically booked this hotel because their services specifically indicate "Laundry Facilities (self-service)". After 2 months on the road, I wanted to do some actual laundry, not dry-cleaning. Unfortunately, they DO NOT have any self-service laundry facilities, and their price to launder my socks exceeded the price of buying new ones. I found a self service laundry online and ended up hiking several blocks away.

Third, I inadvertently assumed that the buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. I rarely partake in any hotel's breakfast, which means that many times I pay for said breakfast and never actually eat it, but one day I decided to have a bite before I left for the day. After I had 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon and a shot glass of OJ, they brought me a bill for 850 rubles / $29 USD! What!

Fourth, the cable TV system is controlled by a device attached to the TV that continuously prompts you to the paid channels. Okay, no big deal, except that all the "regular" channels in English are only included in a premium package which costs $15 USD per day. No CNN, TNT, NatGeo, Discovery, etc. unless you paid $15 USD per day extra. The ONLY channels you can get in English without paying extra are BBC and Russia Today, no American channels.

Finally, beware of the hotel's taxi charges, which are approximately $11 USD per kilometer. i.e. approximately $22 USD to get driven to the Hermitage.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jackson B
OlgaPatina, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Jackson B,

I highly appreciate your review about your staying in Ambassador hotel. But it is so pity that your experience was not so good as you expected.
But I would like to specify some aspects.
First of all I checked all sites of our partners (and TopInternational also) and our own site and didn't find any information about self-service in laundry, just "Laundry/Valet service". We are 4* hotel and we have a many complimentary services (you can find it in special Complimentary Menu in every room) but not laundry service. And it is normal for all 4* and 5* hotels. But if you will stay in our hotel 5 days or more we provide a good discount for laundry service.
Regarding your comments about locked windows - you can find a special key in the drawer of the table in every room, or you can ask about it at the Reception. But yes, you are right, all windows are closed by default for your safe.
Breakfast is our strong side and usually all guest are absolutly satisfied with it. You have chosen the rate for room without breakfast (and it was right if don't have a habit to eat it every day). But we have a special room service menu where you can choose all meals separetly. But Full Buffet Breakfast costs 850 rubles per person and it is normal considering the big variety of meals, quality and the hotel class.
About TV channels - we have a five free of charge channels in English:
CNNi
Discovery Channel
Eurosport
Animal Planet
Also you had a note about our taxi service price, but if you will try to get a taxi from Hermitage to our hotel just near by Hermitage, I assure you that there price is in three times higher. Also you can ask our consierge and she will tell you how you can reach your destination without use taxi service.
I am sorry once again about all inconveniences and misunderstandings and really hope that you have had a chance to enjoy our amazing city.

Sincerely yours,
Olga Patina,
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is an ideal base to explore St Petersburg. It's within walking distance of all the major sights. Take a good pair of walking shoes though because we walked all day in this city and it's very 'cobbly' and very tiring! The foyer bar and restaurant are delightful in The Ambassador. It's very plush and the restaurant on the 9th floor is also a sight to behold. We never ate in there though because it is quite expensive...in fact I thought the city itself was quite expensive....we paid nearly £10 for two bottles of Corona beer yikes! There are lots of nice restaurants in the area around the hotel which were quite reasonable though.

The rooms in the hotel are very basic compared to the foyer, restaurants etc but in this city you probably won't spend that much time in there! We paid for the hotel to pick us up from the airport and also to drop us off back there and I would definitely recommend this because I found it a bit of a cultural shock, hardly anyone speaks English and it could be quite intimidating. But that was a personal thing for me and don't let it put you off. I was very apprehensive about this trip but my husband was desperate to go, I'm glad I've been because it really is an awesome city and I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nrens
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Getting vegetarian food in Europe is rather difficult and at times impossible.
Having informed in advance our needs were met with quite well.
Rooms are very clean & are cleaned on daily basis.
This hotel has a class & staff work hard to keep it up.
We had wonderful 3 days stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Really liked this hotel. Not in the main hub of Saint Petersburg, but the main road round the corner has a bus route straight to Nevsky Prospect (buy the ticket off the bus driver if no conductor on the bus) and there is a large metro station a short walk along the main road. The old & new Marinsky Theatres are only a short walk away. There is a little shop 2 doors along from the hotel where you can buy water and wine etc... at reasonable prices. This hotel deserves its 4 stars. Beautifully clean and comfortable rooms with air con that works well. All windows sealed, so no mozzies flying around! The restaurant on the top floor for breakfast and dinners has a huge selection to choose from and beautifully set tables. There is also a chef on hand to make fresh omelettes at no extra cost. It has a bar on the top floor and at the reception area. There is also a business room with 4 laptops for use at no cost (only pay if you print something.) After a hot day of sight-seeing, this was a great hotel to return to. All the staff were extremely helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple