All reviews breakfast room excellent location nevsky prospect palace square short walk filtered water rooms are clean internet connection easy walking distance reception desk winter palace visit st metro station tv floor taxi petersburg
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel for four nights at the end of April. The staff were all very friendly and helpful with restaurant tips (which were all very good) as well as all the questions about how to get to various places. The room was very clean and certainly adequate. Breakfast was good and any type of egg could be ordered separately. The location is perfect for all the main sights and if you want to go further afield, there is a metro station within a short distance. We are planning to go back to this hotel again when we visit St. Petersburg.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Munro1951
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel takes up the fourth floor of a building, so kinda tucked away. It's a great bang for your buck in it's location. A block from St. Isaacs. An easy walk to the Hermitage. We caught the "City Tour: Hop-on-hop-off" bus on the same block and trolley stops where also convenient. Despite being on a busy street, rooms were pretty quiet at night, so happy with that. As other reviewers mention, rooms aren't huge, but we tend to just sleep in rooms when visiting other countries, not "hangout" in them, so it was fine for us. I would recommended for the practical traveller.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We were a group of 24 people and used about half the rooms of the hotel. The staff was excellent and the process of arranging the group with Ekaterina the manager was great. We walked in and went straight to our rooms after a long flight from the USA.

The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is sufficient. It is only a five minute walk from Nevsky Prospect and from the Neva River. While it is not a five star luxury resort, it does the job in a clean and friendly way.

Room tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nataliaspb, Управляющий at Herzen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Abounatom,

On behalf of the entire staff and me personally it is my pleasure to thank you for the warm feedback you have kindly submitted here. Our team prides on offering personal care and attention to our Guests, and is very happy to receive such flattering reviews.

I would like to invite you back whenever your travels bring you to the city of St. Petersburg.

With best regards,
Natalia Stepanova
Executive general manager

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I didn't stay there personally, but my friends did and I visited them there. The location is perfect - St. Isaak's Cathedral round the corner, central square is very close - maybe 5 min walk. Staff is very friendly and cheerful. If you like spacious rooms, it's not for you. Although if you prefer very cozy rooms - it's for you! And what is most pleasant is that the price is nice all the year round.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I travel often to St-Petersburg, and since I came first time to Herzen House, I wanted to come back here again. For business, for holidays with friends, this hotel fits me perfectly for its central location ( which is one of the best part of the city), for professional, helpful and very friendly staff, for nice clean rooms, for simple but good breakfast and for typical russian tea and coffee corner available at any time, and for competing room rates as well.
I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to discover the city or to stay for business.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Nataliaspb, General Manager at Herzen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear 225ElenaParis,

Thank you for being our Dearest Guest and this kind review.

We always very happy to welcome you at Herzen House Hotel.
I remain at your disposal,

Natalia Stepanova