All reviews breakfast room excellent location palace square short walk rooms are clean internet connection easy walking distance reception desk winter palace visit st metro station tv floor taxi petersburg
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I come to St.Petersburg mostly every month and always stay at Herzen House. Since I discovered this hotel in 2009 I've fallen in love. City center location,atmosphere,clean rooms, customer oriented staff.

This hotel is perfectly managed by Natalia who is the general manager of the hotel; she is indeed so responsible, smart. efficient,keeps in touch whenever you need and built such a nice team.
In my opinion Herzen House is comparable to the luxury hotels especially because of people. I'll come back soon!

Room tip: They have discounts in the restaurants; discount cards are available at the Reception/ My favorite rooms are Superior - spaceful and comfortable with min-bar, bathrobe and slippers in the room.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DeRoMil
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This end of St Petersburg seems to be quite pricey for hotels, but this is a very good alternative to some of the more expensive options.

The hotel is on the 4th floor of the building but don't let that put you off. There is a lift and when you get there you are greeted by friendly and helpful staff. The 'superior' room I was in was clean and comfortable with free WiFi and was quite spacious.

There is a 'common room' where tea and coffee are available all day and where breakfast is served too. No bar but there is one downstairs right next door.

Good value if you want to stay near the Hermitage, 5 minutes walk to Admirateiskaya metro station and, although hotel facilities were basic, it had all you needed.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for reasonable price. Good location, just a few minutes from Nevsky prospect.
Normal breakfast with hot dishes.
Hotel is very small and comfortable. I recommend this hotel for short stay during business trip.

Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Simple but nice hotel, in a perfect location, only 5 min walk to the Hermitage and the main attractions. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast. Very helpful english speaking staff. Very good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Enjoyed our stay in Herzen House Hotel. Staff Very friendly & helpful. They were very quick in getting us our Invitation into the country. We didn't eat breakfast here but it was a very nice touch having tea/coffee & biscuits available all day FOC. Rooms were clean but very small. Though no disturbances at night with street noise which was great. Was ok for our 4 night stay as we didn't spend much time in the room. I would recommend for the location & price but would consider someplace a little more upmarket for my next visit to St Petersburg.
Little tip-We went to Taxi rank in airport for taxi to the Herzen-Cost us 3500RUB, Booked taxi back to airport through Herzen & it only cost is 800RUB. So would be best to book transfer with Herzen.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel