“Excellent B&B”

and 1 more site!
swissSTAR B&B
Ranked #16 of 970 St. Petersburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Clean (bath)room, good beds, river-view sight from room, grossery-market included, free wireless internet available for personal tab/laptop, very helpful staff, small library available on St. Petersburg lonely planet etcetera. Good coffee, centrally located, very safe and double glass isolation windows to prevent traffic noise on room. I really have to try my best to come up with improvement area's, but still can not find them. Will absolutely recommend to other St Peterburg travellers.

Room Tip: B&B has option for room with private bathroom, which is for me personally a must-have. You pay a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David O
There are newer reviews for swissSTAR B&B

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Excellent and efficient booking over email, friendly staff and well placed for the city.
Clean and welcoming. Good serve-yourself breakfast. Nice bright rooms, comfortable beds.
Highly recommended - I will visit and use it again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My husband and I were travelling to Russia from Argentina thought Moscow, so by the time we arrived to St. Petersburg we were quite exhausted ..and when we arrived to this hotel we felt like on a peaceful island in the middle of the big city, which to us seemed to be a perfect combination, that allowed to reach all the interesting placed by walking and at the same time was close enough to the center if we felt tiered and wanted to rest with a cup of hot tea!
Hotel itself was very clean and coisy! The staff friendly and helpful!
Great experience!
thnx
Polina and Pedro

Room Tip: we had a big and nice room with two big windows facing Fontanka, a view from the window for sure dur...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

No problems with booking - the owner responds very fast, the booking was confirmed and paid for within a few hours.
Our stay itself was great (we only stayed for 1 night). It felt like we were welcomed guests in the house: the staff was friendly and helpful (they gave us an umbrella when it was raining outside), the rooms were clean, kitchen was fully equipped (bread, eggs, coffee machine, juicer - everything you may wish for) and beds were comfortable.
I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Olnapi
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I have enjoyed a lot staying at swiss star.
The staff is really warm and helpful. The location is great, rooms are very clean and furnished with everything we may have needed. Breakfast is excellent and has large food offer, the option "help yourself " has been particularly appreciated.
Thus, if I would come back to St. Petersburg, I will choose swiss star again and I will recommeneded it to our friends

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 635BaM635
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I were looking for a convenient, yet affordable place to stay during our July 2012 visit to St. Petersburg. I was having a lot of trouble finding something suitable until I came across SwissSTAR.

This guest house is immaculately clean, with friendly staff and simple, yet stylish and well-appointed rooms. They have self-serve breakfast available, which worked great for us.

While a little walk from the Nevsky Prospect area, we found SwissSTAR to be very convenient, with easy access to the metro stations.

All in all, this was a fantastic find and made our weekend getaway to St. Petersburg wonderful. Thanks SwissSTAR!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a very good spot to stay if you don't mind a bit of a walk to the city centre. I love to walk so it really suited me. The place is roomy and very clean. Shared kitchen is great, offers nice breakfast foods and an option to self cater or get take away. Fast WIFI too. Our room was very hot with no air con so bear that in mind if you don't like the heat. It is a bit hard to find but the owners can get a driver or taxi for you if need be. I certainly would return here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends