“First time in St Petersburg”
Review of NasHotel

NasHotel
Ranked #10 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Regarding location, was a little out from town but the hotel was well worth the stroll. However, I found the hotel staff very helpful, very obliging and nothing seemed too much trouble.
The room was very good with a first class shower, plenty of room in the bathroom, the bed was a joy to sleep on, my normal quota of hour's sleep was easily surpassed, big and beautiful. As for St Petersburg, a truly beautiful city with unbelievable architecture. Went on an excursion to Petergof, on the Gulf of Finland, how the other half lived! Never seen so many boats on any river anywhere, the river Heva has everything except OXBRIDGE boat race! The eateries are also good around town, also food in the Nashotel is as good as anywhere. reception offered a welcome drink of champagne (or of your choice...a friendly touch I thought) , all in all I would not hesitate to stay here again..........that is my experience!

Room Tip: did not use swimming pool or fitness centre, did all that a million years ago but it would meet with...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dudleytapper

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in NasHotel for 3 nights based upon good reviews on tripadvisor. We would say however the reviews certainly didn't live up to exceptions. Although people commented on the location being a short walk from the metro and main centre it is not well located at all and the area is low grade residential. The staff were not helpful on the numerous occasions we asked for assistant about postage, tours and laundry. The rooms is ok but the shower was not the best and our room wasn't serviced by 5pm when we returned on our first day. Overall a 3 star ok hotel but doesn't deserve to be in top 10 in St Petersburg.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nathan M
NashOTEL, Director of Sales at NasHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Nathan,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor community. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to improve our service.

I would like to assure you that all your comments had been forwarded to the hotel's management and appropriate departments. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we sincerely hope that it didn't spoil your impression. We will be glad to see you again in NasHOTEL!

With best regards,
Natalia Burykina
Head of sales department

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Not much to add to previous reviews on here. Hotel was excellent place to stay for a short-term stay.

It isn't in the centre of St Petersburg, but is only a 10-minute stroll to the nearest Metro station (which runs through until midnight - worth being aware of if you're planning to stay out late).

Bed was amazingly comfortable, and our view (room 810) was very good.

Staff spoke English and were very helpful.

Didn't try the breakfast/restaurant, so can't comment.

Shower was good, although prone to the occasional bout of freezing water (boo).

The only issue, such as it was, was that either the air con was weak or faulty, as the room got very hot, and after a shower, the bathroom was hotter than the surface of the sun due to minimal extraction.

There are definitely hotels more centrally located, but in terms of price/position, it's hard to fault.

Lots and lots of green decor!

Room Tip: Room 801 (I am guesing all the 8th floor) have good views across the city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear James,

We will be glad to see you and your friends again in NasHOTEL!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Having a Great holiday in this hotel. Celebrated my Birthday Today. We did not inform the staff about it, but when we returned to our room, we found a bottle of champagne, food and a Nice letter on the table. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and speak English, breakfast is good and hotel is close to Vasileostrovskaya Metro Station (One Station to Newskiy Prospekt).

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank SelSal
Reviewed 13 January 2014

There are hotels that you stay in & move on and there are hotels that add to your experience of a place ... The Nashotel added charm to my experience . The hotel is charming & modern at the same time , its vibrant colorful lobby & atrium with colorful paintings gave me a happy feel about the place .

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel right from the time I contacted them for a booking . The response was quick , efficient and precise . The staff at the hotel is smiling , helpful and goes that extra step to make you comfortable . They even help you with negotiating the right price for a cab ! Haven't seen this in many places I've stayed at . I was greeted with a warm smile and check in was quick and easy .

The rooms are very colorful , spacious and absolutely clean . I would have preferred to stay at the sunflower yellow room though , but maybe next time :) . An important aspect for me in a hotel is always the shower .. the right amount of water pressure , the right mix of hot & cold water .. and I can say that it was a pleasure to take a shower in the cozy bathroom :)) ( well quite important for me ! ) . The linen & towels were crisp and clean which is so important for me as I'm sure it would be for any traveler . The room was modern straight line , cozy and comfortable with great utilization of space . I was told that the rooms are sound proofed which seems to have made it really quiet and peaceful I guess .

The location was to my preference . I like to stay in a non commercial quiet area of a city I travel to so for me being just off the city centre in a quite residential area was just perfect . If getting a non touristy local feel to your stay is what attracts you , this location is just perfect . Its very easy and convenient to get to the centre of the city & get to all the attractions .

The restaurant is very charming again and I found the food to my palate . Both local & European choices made it easy to enjoy both . I would recommend to have atleast one meal at this restaurant the try the Salmon which was really fresh & tender and the Cream mushroom soup if you are soup person . There's a choice of some really nice wines to go with too .

Like I said before , it was a pleasant discovery to choose this hotel & I would definitely go back to it . thanks & Kudos to the entire staff of Nashotel for making my stay special !!

Room Tip: Each one of them is great ! Try to get one of your color choice from the options :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ram_It1204
NashOTEL, Director of Sales at NasHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Ram_It1204, thank you for such a detailed feedback! Your opinion is very important for us. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay in NasHOTEL. We will be happy to see you any time!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Nas Hotel for 4 nights in June this year and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had a bit of a language barrier in touristic places but our hotel staff spoke great English and even offered us to call them in case we wanted help communicating with guides etc. The place was clean, the breakfast was good and the hotel is located close to the metro line as well. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other tourists both single or with their family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Spent a night in St Petersburg while visiting one of the Universities and stayed at the NasHotel. The staff were very friendly at reception and throughout. The rooms were comfortable and semi modern with a pretty good, and warm bathroom (which is nice in Winter). Had a couple of breakfasts in the restaurant and both times they were nice - nothing spectacular, however again reasonably priced and they hit the spot. Pricing was very reasonable, particularly after travelling from Moscow. The location is also very good, only a short walk to the Metro Station which can whip you across to the main part of town, or if you would rather hang out in the old town then there's plenty to see and do. Will definitely stay again when next in St Petersburg.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business