“Charming with great location”
Review of Pushka Inn Hotel

Pushka Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 361 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We really loved this quaint little hotel- the rooms were very clean, comfortable beds and very cute. It is a good value for the quality and location of the hotel- it is walking distance from the Hermitage, Nevsky Prospect, St. Isaacs and many shops and restaurants. The breakfast which is included is delicious- nice variety of breakfast staples.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a riverview!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Desirob

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My extended family's stay at this hotel was so great it demanded my very first review. All four of our rooms were clean, spacious, charming, and well decorated. The hotel is in walking distance from all the main sites and right on the river. They also have a great restaurant next door. But the most impressive part was the service- we felt like family and V.I.P.s at the same time.

When I had lost a necessary Visa slip (keep your paperwork neat while traveling in Russia! If an official gives it to you, you may need it later) a VERY awesome staff member personally escorted my boyfriend and I to the necessary agency, helped me fill out the paperwork, and stayed with us until everything was taken care of. Aside from his competence and helpfulness, he was like having a personal tour guide for an hour, with extensive knowledge about the city, and turned what could have been a nightmare travel experience into something great. A++ for Pushka Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amanda_onearth
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Pushka Inn is on the embankment of the Moika River about 200m from the Hermitage Museum in the heart of St. Petersburg. All the main locations within St Petersburg are within walking distance of the hotel including the main shopping area of Nevsky Prospekt. This proved extremely useful and allowed short walks in the evening to take in the major sights of St Petersburg easily.

The room that we booked was facing to the river and was clean, spacious and warm with a generously sized bed. The 19th Century theme was present in the wooden floors and overall room decor. The bathroom had underfloor heating an an excellent bath and shower (please note that the height of the bath sides may be slightly challenging for older people). My only criticism of it was that the wardrobes don't have a large enough space for hanging many clothes. The river facing room also did suffer from street and river noise with tour boats late at night and traffic early in the morning.

The staff in the hotel were extremely helpful and courteous with an excellent knowledge of English. Given the special nature of our honeymoon stay they were extremely cooperative and provided as much assistance as was necessary with moving lots of baggage to and from the room.

The restaurant is located 10m long the street and has a separate entrance. The food is typically Russian and of high quality.

Overall I can only praise the Pushka Inn. Our requirements were exceptional as we used the hotel as the base for our wedding and wedding meal. They gave us all the assistance that we needed and were extremely flexible to our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel for the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Moika River. The views easily make up for any noise from river and oth...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJLawson2013
Inna D, Manager at Pushka Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear AJLawson2013,
we are pleased to see your kind review and your high estimation of the staff.
Our nice guests make our daily activity interesting and fruitful especially when we manage to carry out their wishes and plans.
Welome to Pushka Inn again and have unforgetable trips in future!!!!
With kindest regards,
Inna Dormasheva,
Managing director

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Great location, super clean, very kind staff, nice breakfast.my single
room was small, but it was not a problem for me. The restaurant is meant to be very good, but I arrived too late at night. Unfortunately I did not have much time to enjoy the city, but I will definitely come back to this hotel!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Lovely clean rooms, decent size (we had room 205). Very friendly staff, always happy to help out whatever the request. Great breakfast in the adjoining restaurant, something for everyone, from pickled herring to bacon and eggs. It's centrally located (500 yards from Palace Square and the Spilled Blood), though away from the madness and noise of Nevsky.This is how a hotel should be.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at Pushka Inn in St. Petersburg, Russia, for 13 nights…12.10.13 to 25.10.13. This is the best hotel that I have stayed in, probably ever. The building itself is at 14, Moyka River Embankment, on a beautiful curve in the Moyka River, and was built in 1860. The building is meticulously maintained, warm, cozy, and well appointed, and attended by a totally amazing staff.

Hotel staff performance began before I even arrived. I sent (endless?) emails asking questions about the hotel, St. Petersburg, and everything that came to mind. I always received a courteous, prompt and helpful reply. The hotel assisted me with a very important part of obtaining a Russian Visa, stepping me through the Confirmation and Voucher process, critical to getting the Visa. I am very grateful for their patient help, as I was beginning to wonder if I should even attempt the trip based on what looked like a very complex Visa process. I must add that the rest of the Visa process was handled efficiently by the kind and knowledgeable staff at the Consulate here in San Francisco—it wasn’t nearly as hard as it looked!

My room was quiet, bright, very clean, modern and welcoming, and had big windows overlooking the Moyka. I would advise anyone visiting Pushka to get a room facing the Moyka, for many reasons. One great reason is that the horse-drawn carriages gong back and forth to the Hermitage (just a quick 10-minute walk) made the most wonderful clip-clop sound on the cobblestone-like street, adding to the magic of the visit. Hotel desk staff took care of me like a friend during the entire visit, making sure that I had everything I needed, arranging cabs, providing guidance in every way—I can’t thank them enough, and am very grateful to them for all their help. Hotel housekeeping staff were also great…my room was always made really fresh after their visits, with fluffy towels and doing all the things that you don’t notice…my appreciation to them, too.

I cannot forget to comment on the Pushka Restaurant next door, also owned by the hotel. Every morning the great staff set out the best breakfasts ever, including crepes, great coffee, OJ, omelets if you wanted one, and a very attractive dining room. The dining room has a fun collection of cannons (big to miniature) all around, but also a wonderful library. OK, most of the books were in Russian and I couldn’t read them at all, but the photos were excellent, and I did understand a word or two. One book in particular, “Moyka”, was entirely in Russian, but had great photos of all the buildings, parks, etc., along the Moyka, including Pushka Inn—I bought this book at the "The House of Books" in the historic Singer building on Nevsky Prospekt, also a short walk from Pushka. Lastly dinners were fantastic, too—one of my favorite dishes was a potato chowder made with salmon (from Norway) and local pike-perch—totally yummy. Also surprisingly good was the selection of Russian wines. This hotel complex is fantastic—I will definitely return here to see more of this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Just talk with the Front Desk...they're amazing and will get you just the right room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Econo-Bob
Inna D, Manager at Pushka Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Robert!
Thank you so much for your "lovely story" about our hotel - we would like to stay at Pushka INN as well:)))
Seeing such positive comments we are more and more inspired to aim at a stainless service.
You are always welcome at Pushka INN!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel spotless, room brilliant. We were in room 309 and sometimes we could smell cooked food - must be the vent system and the room was very hot. Staff very helpful with good English. Breakfast is amazing - try the salmon :-) Good location too only a few minutes walk from the main Street. Non smoking hotel too.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends