“Perfect!”
Review of Pushka Inn Hotel

Pushka Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 361 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed for two nights at the Pushka Inn last weekend - the celebrations of the longest day. It is perfect - the situation on a lovley bend of the Moika is ideal, just yards from Palace Square and walking distance to everywhere (in fact you do a lot of walking in St Petersburg...)... The front of house staff were totally professional and helpful. The room was super (202 - a nice view over the Moika with the bonus of the amazing fireworks at 2AM!) - very clean, large and comfortable. Breakfast, as others have commented, is very good (at the little restaurant which is part of the hotel, but next door).... We also had our first evening meal there which also was good. There is so much to see in this stunning city that I am sure we will return - and we will certainly choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: The trade-off with the view is the noise from the river - boats run seemingly all night... But to be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you ever visit St Petersburg, stay at Pushka Inn. Perfectly located along a picturesque canel--2 min walk to Hermitage--cross from a couple embassies: can it be any better? Big room, nice breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff, quiet in the night. Next door to the last apartment of the Great poet Alexander Pushkin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Pushka Inn Hotel for five nights in June and loved it! The staff was really friendly and helpful, and the location is unbeatable. The breakfast was excellent, and there was free w-fi in the room. I will definitely stay here if I go to St. Petersburg again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarinaLaura
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We (me and my wife) visited St Petersbourg for the first time. The Hotel was a very good experience. Located in the center several minutes walk from all major attractions. Very helpful team very nice rooms very good restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TF1_11
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Well it's a great location. easy walk to hermitage and other attractions and right on the scenic Moyka canal. Staff were great, beds were great, room (on second floor) was great, Shower was good and the bathroom was a decent size. Little touches like the weather for the the day are appreciated. One of our companions was treated to a birthday surprise by the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast is very good served at the restaurant next door which is no problem. Like any city centre hotel there is some noise at night but the fact that you are at the centre with easy walks to the Russian Museum, Mikhailovsky Theatre, Nevsky Prospekt more than make up for that. Most city centre hotels are too expensive but in comparison the is was good value.

Room Tip: Second floor or above and canal view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here largely by chance (and in no small part due to the reviews here) recently when many other hotels in the city were fully booked and I am so glad we did. I'm not sure there is much of anything I could find to fault the Pushka Inn on. It's location is fantastic and picturesque, the prices extremely reasonable, the rooms well appointed and comfortable, and the staff amongst the friendliest and most efficient I have dealt with. One of the front desk staff, noticing we were heading outside to a taxi, ran after us and held an umbrella over us in the pouring rain, despite our insistence it wasn't necessary and getting rather wet herself in the process. Really quality people and service.

Breakfast and wifi included in the rate, which is a much appreciated rarity. Wifi worked great in our room, breakfast was relatively simple but well done and tasty. Staff in the restaurant mirror the friendliness at the front desk.

I have to say I'm not exactly sure what other reviewers are referring to when they talk about noise outside. We stayed here during the start of the White Nights festivities when the whole of the city is seemingly out until 4am (if you ever get a chance May/June is a really fun time to visit St. Pete), and I found the area surrounding the hotel to be very peaceful and quiet, no issues whatsoever.

Overall I would come back here any time and can wholeheartedly reccomend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ceeebo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed three nights & the hotel arranged the pick up from the airport which is added to your bill.A lovely little hotel with bags of character and which is located a very short walk from the Hermitage & the other main attractions.My wife & I had room 305 which over looked the canal. A very comfortable nice sized well furnished room with wooden floor boards,a big comfy bed and a good bathroom.My daughter had a single room 101 and had not problems.The staff are very good and speak excellent English -arranged taxis at a preset price.The restaurant next door,just a few steps, is where you have a very good buffer breakfast plus we also enjoyed an arrival dinner plus a lunch during our stay. After our three days we moved to the Kempinski Moika Hotel as part of our tour package for three nights - I preferred room 305. Highly recommended hotel for the location & value.

Room Tip: The hotel is a converted old house- so I think rooms can vary.Best to ask for a description when boo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family