“Wonderful”
Review of Pushka Inn Hotel

Pushka Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 357 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Man, I can't believe I haven't done a review on Pushka before this. We had a terrific stay. Everything was great: the staff, accomodations, breakfast, location. I would go back tomorrow, if I could. Small and friendly, but roomy and comfortable. We'd had a terrible stay in Moscow just prior, so this place felt like paradise. Don't miss it; price is right, too.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank marcolius
There are newer reviews for Pushka Inn Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2010

We only had 3 nights to spend in St. Petersburg, so I found this hotel on tripadvisor. From the first email I sent, they were helpful and clear about how to book, and how to get all our Visa paperwork done. Just that alone is worth booking here! I breezed through the Russian consulate in New York City and had Visas one week later.

The hotel itself is perfect! Room is big and clean, the location can't be beat, and the restaurant next door is absolutely fabulous!

The staff are warm, friendly and helpful! My husband is a musician, so we were in and out of the hotel many times at all hours of the night, and never had a problem. There is always someone at the front desk, and they helped arrange taxis for us, since we don't speak Russian. Very reliable, since we were always charged exactly what they said the cost would be and always got right to our destination.

We plan on returning to St. Petersburg, and this is the ONLY hotel I will ever book!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyVTNewYork
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We stayed at Pushka Inn after reading recommendations on this website and were not disappointed. It has an excellent location with canal frontage on a quiet street and is only steps away from the big city square, the Winter Palace and the Hermitage.
We had the apartment on the top floor which has three good sized bedrooms with 2 double beds in each, 2 bathrooms and a small kitchenette cumliving room. It was fairly expensive for 4 people but could have accommodated more, but was worth it for it's lcoation and ease of access to walk everywhere.
The breakfast was plentiful, and reasonable but not gourmet! we considered eating in the resturatant one evening but it allows smoking and we could not handle the cigarette smoke. In the morning there was not much trace of it though.
We were there just after one of the biggest snow falls for years and St Petersberg was magical!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Snowflakeseeker
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I loved this little Inn. It is within 5 minutes walk to the Hermitage, St. Isaac's Cathedral, the Church of the Spilled Blood, and Nevsky Prospekt (big shopping street). Upon entering the Inn, the staff is very courteous and attentive. There is a lift, but we did not use it to go up one flight of stairs. This Inn is just an exquisite little gem. Quiet, private, and central, we found that the hotel met all of our needs for our stay. The breakfast is served in the restaurant next door, and while the selection of hot food is not extensive, the food was fresh and kept at the correct temps (hot food hot, cold food cold). Only criticism is that bottled water was for purchase only, which should have been free as with other hotels and inns. Restaurant staff is not very friendly or attentive, but the facilities are comfortable.

I found that this was an excellent value for the price/location. I would definitely recommend this Inn if you are staying in St. Petersburg!!

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank MDT_Adventures
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Excellent place to stay in St Petersburg. Location is perfect, only a few minutes walk from the Hermitage. Staff was friendly and helpful and they spoke English fluently. The room was charming, with a very comfortable bed, and the bathroom had a nice bathtube. Also, the restaurant of the hotel was great, with many choices of local cuisine (try the Stroganov they make - it's fantatisc). The only minor was that the street gets a little noise very early in the morning (5 a.m.).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thiagomarzagao
Reviewed 17 December 2009

We had booked into the Puskha Inn for 5 nights in May 2009.

They sent us all the forms for the visas which we filled out. I was told by the Hotel that I should present this form at the airport in St Petersburg and would be get the required entry visa then...

Not so...

We never even got to Russia...as Finnair would not allow us on the flight and told us we could not get a visa in Russia....

To make matters worse Pushka Inn charged us for a no show.

We went to the Russian Consulate in Helsinki...they told us we would have to stay for 3 months in Helsinki before we could get our visas.

Anyhow...the Point is....GET YOUR VISAS AT THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY before you leave.

What really upset me about the Pushka Inn is that they are in the tourism business....their procedures for Visa Requiremnts should be flawless and should have been really specific in writing...none of this over-the-phone stuff....with total denial afterward...." we would never say such a thing"

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
20  Thank garyrod
PushkaINNOwner, Elena Belova, General Manager at Pushka Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2009

Dear Mr. Rodrigue,
During 8 year of Pushka INN Hotel operating you are the first person who has disregarded frequently repeated information about visa support in a standard booking confirmation: ”…. Please, do not forget, that our voucher is NOT an entrance visa to Russian Federation. After receiving our voucher you need to apply for VISA to the Russian Embassy….” It is also duplicated on our web-site. The name of the document “The tourist confirmation” cannot be identified as an entrance visa.

Considering the situation and your waste expenses only first night was charged as no-show penalty from your credit card in spite of the terms of cancellation during “White Nights Season”: “Guest guarantees to pay Pushka Inn Hotel no-show penalty in RUR for the whole period of staying”, confirmed by your credit card details.
We are really sad that as a result of your inattention your trip has not taken place.
We hope you’ll have an interesting and enjoyable visit to Russia in the future.
With kindest regards, Pushka INN Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2009

My boyfriend chose this hotel because of the great reviews it has received in tripadvisor. I really have to agree with all the compliments! I stayed at the "comfort" room (3rd floor). The room and the bathroom was very clean, it smelled great, actually. The bed was a King size (2x2m), very comfortable. I felt very relaxed inside the room. The bathtub was big and clean. I loved the decoration. The staff was simply great and happy to help with anything.

The breakfast was very good. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant. I really liked it! The menu contained about 10 different types of Russian dishes and more than 20 types of "international" food. There is a menu in the website, but the real menu from the restaurant is much bigger. I have to say that the "atmosphere" is not the greatest. The waiters spoke good English. Just for you to have an idea we had water, good wine, starter, main course, tea, dessert and we paid 30 euros each. I consider it a great value. I had stroganoff and apple caramel cheesecake for dessert and it was delicious :)

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple