Marco Polo Saint-Petersburg
Hotel SPBVergaz(St. Petersburg)
Noteburg Hotel(St. Petersburg)
Shelfort Hotel(St. Petersburg)
View Hotel
Trezzini Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed for one night, a lovely little hotel in small quiet street, close to the canal and bridges that rise up at night, very beautiful views. Normal breakfast for light eat in the morning. Friendly staff, working with smile. The room was not in perfect condition, but still good for one or more night stay. Metro is about 500m from hotel, easy to go anywhere in city.

Room Tip: Choose a room on top floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Great little hotel.
Breakfasts are ok. Dinners and wine are great. Very cosy. Old elevators... Very romantic!
The only inconvenience is that like in most old buildings in St.Petersburg there are damp basements which are nurseries for Mosquitos. They get in through the ventilation system.
Just a few minutes from the metro station.
No pets allowed.
Nice personnel.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 10 nights in August 2012. My overall impression/experience is good, but there are couple of things to keep in mind:

1. The walls in the rooms are not sound proof enough not to hear what’s going on in the hall or room next to yours. One night a guy in the next room decided to watch news at 3:30 in the morning, so I was ‘watching’ with him. You can also hear people in the hall walking, talking, opening doors.
2. Breakfast buffet is relatively small and is EXACTLY the same each morning. It is ok, if you are staying just for couple of nights or really like what they are serving to eat it every day.
3. The hotel is separated from the airport by opened bridges over Neva river, so if your flight is early in the morning you have to leave the hotel before bridges open or after they close. My flight was at 7.20 in the morning, so I had to stay last night at friend’s place.

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, elevator starting from the second floor is not a problem, since a doorman can carry your things to your room.( it is a problem if it is difficult for you to take stairs to the second floor)
Keep in mind that your are being charged if you are making phone calls to the local cell phones, there are no charge for local ground line phones.
In general, the hotel is good, but if you can find a similar one in the city center, pick the one in the city center. I stayed in this hotel for sentimental reason since grew up in that area of the city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We’ve stayed here in a standard room. The room was not big, but clean and quiet. The hotel is situated on Vasilievskiy Ostrov and is about 30 minutes walking from Nevskiy, or you can take a tube (1 stop) to the city center. The tube station is about 5-7 minutes walking from the Hotel. The neighborhood is nice and quiet, but I would not go walking there in the middle of the night, as it is not the city center. One should also not that during the summer time the central bridges across Neva close at night and it can be quite tricky to cross to Vasilievskiy Ostrov. Generally I chose this hotel as it is small and the service is personal and very nice. I would come here again if Traveling in summer, but I prefer to stay closer to the city center in winter as walking is not as pleasurable in the cold and windy winter weather.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This was my first visit to Russia, so I didn't know quite what to expect.
To my surprise, the hotel receptionists spoke good English.
Plus they were very helpful from organizing taxi to printing my ticket for Hermitage which I bought online.
The restaurant staff didn't spoke English very good, but they were eager to speak and did every effort to understand what you wanted.

The room was spacious with one big window, which - thank God- you can open.
I am a fan of fresh air, and it's the first thing I do when I enter a hotel room.
At some hotels you can't open at all and you are at the mercy of recycled air through a/c.
The bathroom was big and clean.
The only drawback was a little musty smell in the room.
The room was facing to teh back of the hotel, so you could sleep with open windows.

Location is 3 blocks from metro station, there wasn't too much amenities, except a sauna, which you have too book in advance and pay.

I liked the food in the restaurant, the room service- was fast and well cooked- ( I ordered pasta with vegetables and it was cooked al dente ).
I liked that it was quiet in the restaurant, so that I can work and have my coffee and tea.
The least I liked was the smell in the room.

Room Tip: I got Room number 10, facing to the back.But all rooms are quiet as it is located on a quiet street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business