We stayed at the Rachmaninov. Hotel is nice except if you get a room on the street side. There is a club that has music that rattles the walls. This goes on until 2am or later. We were waken up on at least 2 nights.
On the positive side the staff is friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A conceptual boutique-hotel "Rachmaninov" is situated in the very center of St. Petersburg near Nevsky Prospect and Kazansky Cathedral. It combines the museum area with a homely coziness, sophisticated atmosphere of the Silver Age with bohemian chic of nowadays. The owners of the hotel possess a unique collection of antiques. They also constantly replenish the hotel art collection with contemporary paintings and photography. In years of its existence “Rachmaninov” became a very popular hotel (apartments). Among the guests you can see celebrities, people of culture, consulate representatives, politicians and businessmen who are interested in art. On a fifth anniversary of the hotel famous St. Petersburg artists painted the doors of the rooms in the hotel with their fantasies based on the music of the famous Russian composer. The hotel, situated in the former commercial house, carefully looks after the room where Rachmaninov spent some time of his youth. The layout of the hotel looks like an art gallery and this is not accidentally – here the exhibitions of different artists regularly take place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rachmaninov Art-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rachmaninov Hotel St Petersburg
- Rachmaninov St Petersburg