“Location & friendly staff”
Review of Nevsky Forum Hotel

Ranked #19 of 361 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel is in the heart of events on Nevsky prospekt and next door do Mayakovskaya metro station. Tne staff is very friendly, which given the Russian average, is a very good and refreshing point! The rooms are clean but somewhat basic - minimizing costs must have been central issue to the project of launching the hotel. All in all in terms of value for money you find better solutions in St Petersburg.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Dear PeterZashev,

thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to know that you liked our staff and services. If there is an option, please contact me back and give your ideas how we should improve our rooms. All the rooms, despite their category have a number of 4-star hotel amenities (TV, phone, mini bar, electronic safe, free Wi-Fi), floors at the rooms are made of cork (which is eco material and less harmful as carpeting). All the floors at bathrooms are heated, we supply our guests with slippers and bathrobes at all room categories (not only at suites - as big chain hotels do).High speed Wi-Fi (public areas & rooms), buffet breakfast, car parking - all is included into the room price.
Having a central location close to all major sightseeing and places to visit we help our guests with excursions, entrance tickets, restaurants booking and more.
Our reception staff speaks English and most of them speak another European language.

We will be glad to see you at our hotel again. Please, check up for special offers our site or Facebook page - we do some good bargains regularly.
Again, thank you for your review and time spending with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

If you are interested in a convienient, efficient, clean, and friendly hotel in central St. Petersburg, this is a good choice. The room is very comfortable and staff is very nice. A few notes:
1) It may be a little hard to find the hotel on your first visit as it is located up a steep staircase with an unimpressive entrance. I stood outside for several minutes before I realized that had actually arrived. However, once you figure this out, all is great.
2) They play American music in the restaurant. I would have prefered Russian music.
3) The windows do not open :-(

However, these are all minor things. All-in-all, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucky_Suerte
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Lucky_Suerte,

thank you for your kind words and positive appraise of our service, all the hotel's team tries to do their best.
You are quite right that our entrance is no very impressive, as our building is a historical heritage we are a little bit limited with facade decorations. Vice versa - our small entrance and door is a guarantee to our guests that they will stay at a calm and safety place, avoiding crowds of Nevsky prospect (the same reason we do keep our windows closed all the time, but handles are provided on request ;)

Please, visit us again and we try to surprise you with something new.
Stay in touch, visit our Facebook page for updates and special offers.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

My family stayed at the Nevsky Forum for 5 nights in June, during the White Nights. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast buffet was great. We had a room at the front, and I was a bit worried that it would be noisy but with the windows closed and the air conditioning on, it was fine. We had no trouble with street noise. We actually had a little balcony, and enjoyed going out there in the evening to watch the passing scene. Everyone is out and about at all hours during the White Nights. The location is terrific, right next to the subway, and a decent walk to a number of sights. If I ever go back to St. Petersburg, I would stay at the Nevsky Forum again. My one disappointment was in the restaurants they recommended. We had better food when we relied on our guidebook.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BrooklineTraveler3
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear BrooklineTraveler3,

we appreciate that such an experienced traveler left a review about our hotel. We hope your acquaintance with our city was memorable and pleasant.
Concerning your words about our restaurant recommendations - please give me your feedback (here or through the hotel's Facebook page) - it is very important to us have the real guest's opinions. With your help we can grade up our "places to eat out" list.

Have more good journeys and come to see us again.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very good location on Nevsky; helpfull, friendly and professional staff; very impressing hot a la carte breakfast; fresch and clean rooms; lovely restaurant. Highly advisable both for tourists and business people.

Be aware not to try to climb the scary steps with your luggage, there's an option to enter the hotel from the yard and use the elevator, the staff will help you!

Don't hesitate to ask the receptionist for advise when it comes to siteseeings, restaurants etc. They are really great and speak English without any difficulties.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anjutka
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Anjutka,

thank you for your response, it's a great pleasure to receive some positive feedback by our guests. Please, feel free to post your traveler's tips or advice about St.Petersburg on our hotel's Facebook page or at TripAdvisor Forum.

We will be happy to see you at the Nevsky Forum again.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was in this hotel saturday 3 september 2011. entrance in hotel is too small but it is very good hotel just in city centre. Price is not bad and quality is good. rooms are well equipped and with new furnitures. to avoid nevsky street noise is better ask room with window on the rear side of building. location of hotel is very good and staff is nice and available to solve any problems. they speak english . breakfast is good and enough but nothing to wonderfull. it is an hotel to consider and probably i will reserve it again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank aleniacarichi

Dear aleniacarichi,

we thank you for your review, as a hotel management representative it's quite important to receive guests opinion about their stay.
Our main entrance is not very big ( as our building is a historical type and our construction options were limited) but we try to create comfortable and prominent atmosphere inside our hotel - both for rest and work.
Thank you for applying to our reception staff, they always try to do their best to provide an exceptional service.
If you have any questions or requests, please. feel free to contact me through our hotel Facebook page.
Hope to see you at the Nevsky Forum again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2011

I want to thank eryone of the Hotel Staff for the most wonderful visit. Everyone that I came in contact with at the hotel from the restaurant staff, the reception, the young man that stands at the top of the stairs to assist travelers with luggage, etc, the lovely lady that kept my room clean and bed made where wonderful, helpful, efficient and went out of their way to answer my questions and assist me in my holiday. I felt, safe, secure, welcomed and in good hands. I was a bit nervous traveling alone to see the great works of art so far from home (Los Angeles, California, USA) but once I arrived did not regret the decision to come to St Petersburg, Russia.

The hotel is in a great location, comfortable, convenient to bus and subway (I used the bus for all local travel) and to be able to start the day with the lovely breakfast was a great start to the daily outings without wasting time.

Their help in arranging car service to and from the airport was most appreciated and lent to another smooth necessity of foreign travel.

Again, thank you and your entire Hotel Staff for assisting me in my long journey to your country I will treasure my memories and adventures!

Sherri B
Los Angeles, California, USA

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sherri B

Dear Sherri B,

on behalf of entire staff we thank you for your feedback. I proud of all our team and definitely print out your review to them.
If you have an opportunity, please share you travel tips about your trip on our hotel's Facebook page to help the next travelers to our city.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I travel quite a bit, and have never experienced service like I did at the Nevsky Forum. I chose the hotel based on its great location including proximity to train, metro, and tourist sites, and because its modern design and boutique style are so appealing. After reading the TA and various book reviews, I thought these factors combined with the value was what set it apart as my hotel choice in St. Petersburg.

I didn't count on incredible service that was like no other hotel experience I've ever had. For starters, shortly after booking, the assistant manager reached out to me in Facebook and offered to handle any questions I might have before the trip. As I was traveling with my elderly mother, I had lots for him :). Fyodor looked into wheelchairs, transfers, and tours. He advised on visa letters, SIM cards, weather conditions, and websites. We talked about Russian language and literature. Basically, anything I had for him was answered with thoroughness and thoughtfulness.

At check-in, I found that Fyodor was indeed exceptional, but that all of the staff at the Nevsky Forum share his philosophy of attentive but not overbearing service. My mother's suitcase was lost in transit, and the staff took it upon themselves to contact the airline regularly for an ETA so that we could head out to see the city and not have to worry. The desk called my mobile with information as soon as the luggage was found and en route, and brought it to my mother just as soon as it arrived. The desk provided us with SIM cards for our mobiles so we only had to load them up at a nearby mobile store. They arranged dinners and taxis, and generally looked out for us in a low-key and unobtrusive manner throughout out stay.

Fyodor anticipated our needs, and even escorted us personally to the train station upon our departure, as he knew my mother's mobility was limited and he was worried that it would be difficult for us to navigate to the ticket booth. He waited with us until the train departed. Kindness and generosity at every turn!

The hotel is quite nice. The rooms are on the smaller size, yet so well-designed that they seem quite spacious. We loved having a water cooler in the hallway so that we could refill our water bottles without creating more plastic waste for the environment.

The restaurant is very nice and a great value. We had dinner there two nights. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. You have all the ususal buffet options, and can also order hot items like eggs and bacon at no extra charge.

I would recommend the Nevsky Forum for both seasoned travelers and those new to St. Petersburg. The free wifi throughout and nice open spaces makes it great for business travelers as well as tourists.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Anne,

it was my pleasure to help you with your trip to St.Petersburg. Hope you have only good memories about your visit.
Please, say hello to all you family and of course I welcome you back to our city one day.