“Comfortable modern hotel”

Ranked #14 of 334 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Tokyo
“Comfortable modern hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

I stayed in this hotel on my business trip. It is located on the Nevsky Avenur, near the Moscow Station and the center of city. I like this good accessibility and warm service of hotel personnel. In a room, I didn't hear noise from Avenue and had a good sleep.
I recommend to order omelet for breakfast. It's very tasty.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank narulee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Milan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

I had a business trip to Saint Petersburg in the beginning of April and colleagues advised me to stay at Nevsky Forum. The price for my room was about 120 euro per night and I m really satisfied. Excellent location in the city center, metro station 10 meters from the hotel and really warm atmosphere at the hotel.
I didn t like so much that while breakfast time I couldn t find the English menu, all other there was quite good. I stayed for 3 days and every day ate different variant of breakfast.
Many thanks to reception girls, politely to all my requests they did everything quickly and accurately. Especially when I had a problem with my airplane ticket.
What comes to my room also all is ok there. Rather big, on the third floor it has everything you may need, from Wi Fi till shoe brush.
When next time I go to Saint Petersburg, I know where to stay!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GianlucaIng
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

According to the nice-looking hotel website, this facility supposedly is a four-star business hotel. Let's talk about the positive first: the big plus is the central location (Nevsky Prospect) whit rapid access to museums and fancy shops. Everything else did not match my expectations I have for a 4-star hotel. In fact, the services and features I found at this place correspond to the level of a 2-star motel in the US.
It all started with a small hotel entrance door followed by narrow, steep stairway up to the tiny hotel lobby (there is no easy-access elevator). The unmotivated staff hardly spoke English. On the reception desk, there was a framed printout mentioning that this hotel was one of the best-rated hotels in St. Petersburg by Tripadvisor.com, which I found very ironic given my experience. The deluxe room I ordered not only turned out to be on noisy Nevsky Prospect but also very close to the bar that, in turn, was adjacent to the hotel lobby. As a consequence, the overall noise level in my 'deluxe' room was terribly high. The cleanliness of the undersized room was OK. Too bad also the mounting device of the TV did not allow to adjust the wall-mounted TV vertically which gave a bad TV picture when lying in bed. Finally, the breakfast menu was disgusting with decayed fruits and old slices of sausages that looked brownish at the sides.
I found the overall price-performance relationship very bad given my room rate (RUB 6'000 or USD 180 at the time). Do not stay there if you have a choice.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank vesalian
NF_Hotel, Assistant to general manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2009
Dear 'vesalian',

on behalf of Nevsky Forum Hotel's management we would like to apologize for the negative experience you have had at our hotel. We highly estimate the reviews and criticism by our guests, as they help us to improve our service and eliminate our mistakes. I assure you that we will take the strong measures considering the forgoing problems.

With your permission we would like to comment several remarks about our property.
We definitely agree that our entrance is not as big and visible as it have to be, but that is the "price" for our very central location and 18-th century building. For some reasons we do not attract the entrance from the street side for our guests feel more comfortable and private.
Rated as a 4-star hotel we for certain have an elevator, and it works for every floor of our hotel, but again due to the building peculiarities the access to the lift from the ground floor is available through our yard which is 5 met. next to the main entrance.
Considering the printout "about our best-rate at Tripadvisor" - you did understand wrong. The printout is dedicated not to the Nevsky Forum, but to the Comfort Hotel, which is in our hotel chain and it's really at the top of this site (the fact we are really proud of, by the way).
Since April 2009 we have renewed the hotel's breakfast, introducing our guests not only the buffet breakfast but also several breakfast-sets, which are cooked on demand and individually for each guest. We sure that this option will raise the quality and variety of breakfast dishes.
We apologize for not providing you the information about possibility to change the street view into back-yard view, which is rather quite but not so spectacle.
While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
With sincere hope we invite you to stay at the Nevsky Forum Hotel during your next trip to St.Petersburg and give our team the chance to improve our defects and create really cozy and comfortable atmosphere for your work and rest.

Assistant to general manager,
Nevsky Forum Hotel
Fyodor Tarasyuk
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2008

I had the pleasure of staying for couple of days at the Nevsky Forum Hotel. I have to say that the service that I received was excellent! The staff is professional and speaks fluent English!

I will definitely stay at the Nevsky Forum Hotel when I visit StPetersburg next time!

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank marzkuli
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2008

the staff is really nice and always helpfull
good internet connection which is nice in russia
the rooms could be much better equiped!

• Disliked — bedroom equipment
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rupertschmid
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2007

This hotel is way overpriced. For $ 400 a night I would expect the following:

A room with a bathtub, not just a shower that features hot and cold water intermittently and does not drain properly, thus overflowing after only a few minutes of use.

An electronic safe that works and does not have to be replaced three times only to malfunction again after removal of a small item.

All lights to come on when light switch is turned on.

A room with a real bed, not a mere sofabed as in room 2001

A breakfast that features fresh fruit and juice, not just sausages floating around in tepid water.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank BHSCalifornia
Antioch, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2007

This was my 3rd stay at the Nevsky Forum Hotel and each stay was met by friendly and attentive staff members. I first stayed there in September of 2006 at the recommendation of another hotel not affiliated with the Valka Hotel Group. This other hotel was unable to acommodate the first week of my stay in Saint Petersburg, but after staying at the Nevsky Forum Hotel I canceled my second week and remained at the Nevsky.

The staff treated me like family and never failed to meet my expectations (which tend to be quite high). The food was always prepared and presented fabulously. If not wanting to taste all the flavors of the city I could have had all my meals at the Hotels resturant.

I visited the city again in November of 2006 for 2 weeks again and stayed with the Nevsky Forum Hotel, again. Once again my expectations were met and surpassed. The rooms were comfortably furnished and always spotlessly clean.

I visited Saint Petersburg again in June and July of 2007. During my first 2 visits I made many new friends, one of whom offered to let me stay in a flat right on Nevsky pr. they rented during the summer without charge. However, I chose the Nevsky Forum Hotel.

This hotel is rated a 4 star hotel which in my opinion is an injustice. It should be a 5 star with the level of service this hotels staff goes to to make their guests stay as acommodating and comfortable as possible. They have gone so far beyond to meet my requests than what any other 5 star hotel, I have stayed with, has only politely said "Sorry".

I look forward to another stay at the Nevsky Forum Hotel in June 2008. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Saint Pertersburg, Russia.

Thank you to the Staff and Management of the Nevsky Forum for making my trips to your country's wonderful city better then I could ever have imagined!!

• Liked — The Staff and comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Travler59