“Fantastic and original tour!”
Review of WOW Russia Tours

WOW Russia Tours
Ranked #94 of 348 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: WOW Russia Tours is an exciting new way of exploring St. Petersburg. All of the tours are done with an old Soviet Volga showing the fun fascinating sights beyond touristic St. Petersburg.
“Fantastic and original tour!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were taken on the 'Soviet Stuff' tour by Jon in his classic Volga car! The tour was fantastic, and a great chance to see other parts of St. Petersburg than the otherwise standard tourist-filled routes of palaces and galleries etc. Such an original idea, a true chronological expedition of the political history of communism from revolution onwards. Recommended for those who really want to learn about the country, the people, the politics, as well as those with a keen interest in architecture. Jon was a very knowledgeable and friendly guide, happy to answer any questions, and the ride in the Volga (the luxury Mercedez of the time) was a fabulously novel experience! I'd gladly try the other tours available any time.

Visited May 2014

Zwolle, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Time machine on wheels”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This tour showed us a different side of St. Petersburg. We visited places we normally would have not seen. The tour-guide told in his enthusiasm the story of the places you visit. We transported in an old sovjet car to the different places. I really had the feeling of being Michael J. Fox in the "Back-to-the-Future". Besides the locations you visit, the experience in the old car is an adventure by itself. But be aware, the car is not luxury and especially not a race car. Which allows you to see more of the city.

Visited March 2014
Calgary
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great Tours”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was in Saint Petersburg for a week in April and I enjoyed the tours so much that I went on three of them: Intrigue and Murder, Soviet Stuff and Princesses and Palaces (Tsarskoe Seloe). All very good and the added novely of riding in a 1979 Volga was something else. Jon was quite knowledgeable and easy to discuss current events and culture with, as well as to provide additional advice on where to eat and other things to check out. Very good! Prices are also quite reasonable.

St. Petersburg, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour - sights i never imagined”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I took a trip and it was just great, although I grew up in St. Petersburg, many things I have never seen before, really exciting and interesting. Jonathan told some great stories and driving in a Wolga, well, is an experience in its own. I definitely recommend this!

1 Thank Ksenia E
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Soviet stuff”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went on a tour with my friend and it was really nice to see Petersburg from a different perspective. Jonathan is a great guy, who can tell you everything about Russian history and about contemporary Russian life. I have seen many sides of Petersburg I otherwise would not have seen and learned many new things! Highly recommended for everyone who wants to see more than the Hermitage!