What we liked the most about the hotel was its location and breakfast. It's only 20 mins walk to the center of St Petersburg, nice views over Fontanka river (floor 6 and above), lovely square in front of the hotel, spectacular last-floor-bar and a good hearty breakfast. The small fridge in the room was also useful. The famous water supply was surprisingly OK (not brown, with no smell, yet not crystal). Many thanks to Vladislav (reception) for help and professional approach - a rare case in Russia.
“Dislikes”: the breakfast area should certainly be enlarged (or you come for breakfast from 9:30am to 11am, not in a crowd). Evening meal in the hotel’s restaurant was a bad experience with no service and awful quality. We did not like folding beds (extras), pillows, blankets and linen in our non-smoking comfort family room - I believe that's one more area for improvement. Our bathroom was OK, but others, we have seen, were in a need of renovation. The bathroom equipment should be changed, too. And I would clean the windows to let guests enjoy magnificent views from the hotel (The Azimut is the highest building in the historical center of the city).
Overall, the hotel met our expectations and we will probably stay there again in our next trip to The Northern Capital.
PS: (1) before you check-in, ask the reception to show you two-three rooms. Check bathrooms and water supply there: rooms differ. So you will choose the max of their min.
(2) take shampoo and other things with you, as the hotel provides soap only.
(3) an evening meal: take it somewhere in the center (a wide choice of rests). For instance, cheap and tasty Russian food can be found in Yolki-Palki traktir (taverna).
(4) avoid folding beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg is situated on the banks of Fontanka River in the historical center and is the tallest hotel in the city, boasting 581 rooms, many with amazing views of St. Petersburg only an easy 5 kilometers from Nevsky Prospect and 13 kilometers to Pulkovo International and Domestic Airports. The location of the hotel allows excellent and easy transport links, including metro, taxis and cars with drivers to the city center, airports and all major attractions. During your stay you can rely on the expertise of our professional 24-hour Concierge, at your service to suggest restaurants, cultural performances and offer experienced advice on how to make the most of your time in St Petersburg. The closest hotel to the world famous Mariinksy Theatre and the remarkable Troitsky Cathedral are among the many attractions that are close by. Business or Leisure the hotel offers everything you need, dedicated and helpful service staff, a variety of room types including the hotel's new SMART rooms, restaurants (including great eat-in or takeaway Pizza), Sky Bar on Level 18 with the breathtaking panoramic floor to ceiling views, extensive meeting and banquet rooms, on site SPA means that you will have a very comfortable stay with us. Friendly multilingual staff is here to assist you with anything you need to make your stay at our hotel and in St Petersburg a comfortable, successful and pleasant time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azimut Hotel St Petersburg