“Lovely, stylish and quirky” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA

Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA
Ranked #25 of 330 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely, stylish and quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Myself, my wife and five year old son stayed for five nights in a pretty room overlooking the canal. The hotel's design is quirky and stylish and the biggest surprise was that the hotel restaurant actually served delicious food, not the normal bland hotel fare. My only criticism is that the beds are on the thin side for a four star hotel. It is in the old (and lovely) part of town but is not near a metro station so you have to walk around 15 minutes to get to the main sights. All up, however, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Pay for a room with a canal view, it is worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 12cameron
Pavel T, Deputy Director of Administration at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your hotel review.
We appreciate your oppinion and will investigate how we can improve sleep quality. Thank you for complimenting the hotel location, design, staff and the restaurant - this is very important for us.
I am very glad that your family enjoyed staying in St.Petersburg. We look forward to seeing you at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA again!

Best regards,
Pavel Tormossov

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We visited St. Petersburg on Easter. We were lucky to stay at Rossi. The hotel has a very good location, we walked all the way through the center, did not use metro at all. To get to the theatre we took a hotel's car with a driver. Very convenient. No cash is needed.

I do not remember that any hotel I have stayed in contacted me before my journey and asked me if I had some requests or some help is needed with booking of sightseeings, restaurants, theatres etc. Ekaterina from Rossi did. It was so nice, I felt so welcomed :-) As a matter of fact we had requests. Ekaterina booked a table in Stroganoff steak house for us (very nice place with a great meat, strongly recommended), changed a room with a view and promised an upgrade. We were lucky to stay at Suite 407 for Delux price, this is a gorgeous room with exceptional view on Fontanka (4 windows in the room, 2 in the bathroom). The room was big and clean. Overall, the service in the hotel is extremely good, everyone is nice and trying to help you, if you have questions + just go to the reception, they will be happy to assist you.

The breakfast in the hotel is good, the presentation of food and the music can be improved. But these are small things, the most important is that you can have your eggs done as you wish :-)
By the way, hotel's restaurant offers 20% off on food and drinks for hotel's guests, we had couple of drinks after the theatre:-) Very convenient :-)

Overal, St. Petersburgs is a beautiful city and Rossi hotel with help you to explore this city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olesja575
Sergey B, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Olesja,

Thank you for staying with us and your thorough review with a lot of information. We are very glad that you have had a nice time in St.Petersburg and your stay was convenient in many terms. We will be glad to welcome you back. Thank you for recommendations.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Rossi Hotel proved to be an excellent find, and not too expensive either. We had two rooms on the 5th floor, with more than adequate facilities including a mini bar and TV. The rooms were of a very good size and exceptionally clean. The one downside to them was they they were very warm, and the Air Conditioning did not seem to have any effect.

The hotel is in a fantastic central location, just a short 5 minute walk from the main street Nevsky Prospekt. I would certainly urge families as well as couples to consider this hotel. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help, and the level of English was very good too.
Take care with the breakfast though. If you are expecting Full English you will be disappointed. However, you can't go wrong with a freshly made omelet.

Room Tip: All rooms are very much the same, the only time they start to differ is if you start to pay more mon...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pavel T, Deputy Director of Administration at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for staying with us and your hotel review. We appreciate your choice and the time you devoted to provide feedback. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay and that we will have a chance to welcome you back to Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA!

We wish you Happy Easter!

Pavel Tormossov
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We returned home yesterday after spending a week at this very friendly hotel.

The staff at reception spoke good English, our 2 rooms were excellent and the
Fiolet Restaurant on the ground floor was also first class.

My son had a birthday whilst we were there and completely unprompted he got
a bottle of champagne, cake and card from the hotel. When I asked them how they
knew they said they always check passports.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

My only negative comment would be that the spa pool is very small and not really a
pool for swimming lengths in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sergey B, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Good day and Greetings from St.Petersburg!

Thank you very much for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in St.Petersburg. I see that you liked the hotel atmosphere and the restaurant as well as our small surprise. That is a pity you shared our secret about the passports, but we do check them :-) as we are obliged to register your visa properly!

We will be very glad to see you again.

With kind regards,
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in March 2014. From the photos and good reviews my partner and I were really excited to stay here. On arrival the staff were very friendly but I found that by the middle of the trip they saw us as more of a burden (we didn't even have any strange requests!). The hotel is not as glamorous as it looks in the photos and I look back now and wish I had of stayed somewhere nicer that is worth the money. The breakfast buffet was pretty horrendous, it opens at 7:30am and about 5 minutes later all the "hot" food has gone cold and tasteless, there was also a very limited fruit range to choose from. The spa is also a little deceptive regarding it's pictures. We had two separate massages, one the guys phone kept going off during & it was apparent that he was checking it as each time it was heard he would switch to using only one hand. The second massage though with a different masseuse was a lit better.

The rooms are a good enough size however the beds are quite uncomfortable and a queen is literally just two singles pushed together with two single duvets, not what I was expecting from a boutique hotel for a romantic week in Saint Petersburg! The walls are also paper thin and we were woken up at least once every night either due to talking in the next or the above room, noise of other showers & noise in the hallways! They do have free WiFi too but our room was obviously too far away from the foyer and found that it only worked well when we were at reception.

The location though is really good so that was a positive & they let you call one international number for free as many times as you like. I'd recommend you thoroughly do your research though and make sure you check each hotels less appealing reviews (& the replies from the management) before making your decision!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RebekkaClaire
Dear Rebekka Claire,

Thank you very much for choosing Rossi Hotel & SPA and your trust to us.
I can see that you had studied the reviews before travelling. We always have both positive and negative feedback that allows us to make decisions and change course out of our guests’ needs. I am grateful to you for pointing at our weaknesses and doing it without forgetting the positive aspects.

As for our reviews – we appreciate all kind of feedback, positive or negative. Indeed, the reviews are meant not only for travellers, but also for us to learn. I know out of experience, that a person seldom leaves positive comments when everything is fine (as it is supposed to be). On the contrary when a person is dissatisfied - it takes only one step to spill the emotions out in a review. So in than way we are proud that we have a lot of positive reviews although the negative ones are also valuable and provide information to consider and take appropriate measures. I regret that sometimes we are limited by many circumstances to do it immediately. But I do believe, there are no problems that we cannot solve. There are some challenges that we face, but who doesn’t? We are here daily to cooperate and find win-win solutions.

I once again thank you for your review and information.
Have a nice day!

Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Planning my 3 day trip to the northern capital of Russia-beautiful St.Petersburg, I was thinking of place of place where I would feel most comfortable and in close vicinity to the historical places of the capital. Boutique Hotel Rossi was much more beyond my expectations with its excellent very helpful staff, good location at walking distance from all major attractions of the capital and at the same time located in a quite spot overlooking the beautiful Fontanka river. The rooms were made with excellent taste and to comfort of guests. Also the recreation area, Turkish hamam, Sauna and pool with great classical music makes you to feel so nice in a chilly weather. The food at restaurant was great with excellent service. We also had parking for our car.

Thank you, Hotel Rossi for such splendid service and great time we spent!!! We will definitely be back in summer too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sergey B, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Sevinj,

We value your choice and appreciate your feedback. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, and that you have mentioned a lot of positive moments.

We will be very glad to welcome you back to Rossi hotel & SPA.

With kind regards,
St. Maarten-St. Martin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was a lovely hotel situated on the Fontanki canal, just minutes' walk away from the busy Nevsky Prospect which leads to the Hermitage Museum in one direction and the Moscow train station in the other. It is beautifully decorated with artwork and has adjacent spa and restaurant of the highest quality you could wish for. Bathrooms and bedrooms are spacious with a lovely view (if you choose deluxe) - not so lovely in the standard category. As an artist, the view was important to me. The only disappointing features were very small space for clothing (no drawers) and mattress was a bit uncomfortable in my room. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again. The staff were very professional and courteous.

Room Tip: Standard rooms have no view - the deluxe room is the only way to go.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Margaret B
Sergey B, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your hotel review, I am glad that you liked your stay at "Rossi". I thank you for mentioning SPA and the restaurant, precise description of the hotel location and service.

We will be glad to see you again!

Best regards,