“Rossi Hotel - Excellent”

Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA
Ranked #25 of 334 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“Rossi Hotel - Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Stayed 4 nights at Rossi Hotel. The positive reviews in Trip Advisor are well deserved. Our two rooms were spacious and clean, with a modern stylish interior. Staff at front desk spoke excellent english and were very helpful. Breakfast at the attached but independent restaurant was full continental buffet typical of Europe. Good location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank PCuratolo
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 24 August 2010
Dear Mr. Curatolo,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments. We are very glad that you enjoyed you visit to St.Petersburg and we hope to see you again at Rossi Boutique Hotel in the nearest future.

Have a pleasant day!

Sergey Bulzov

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bari, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

We arrived at the hotel with bus "K-13" more cheap of a taxi, more simple that the deep metro. The building look mighty and at two steps from a main street with shopping center,cathedral and other turistic thing to see.
At the first floor there is a elegant restaurant where we taked the breakfast.
At the receptions a sweetly girl record our passport and in a few o minutes gives we a room.
The room was...voujeristic style..because a simple glass divided bedroom from bathroom, with only a venetian blind that hide the visual of the bath.
We think that it is a negotiable optional,but with no problem we accept it. In the room there were all the common things as Tv,internet cable,conditioner,fridge,etc. It was small as in many other hotels in the world but the bath was more big that the average.It's quite and comfortable. The breakfast was continental with same local taste as porridge of rise and similar things. The last day they kindly kept our bags for a final exit. All ok!! Good hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank molok
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Boutique Hotel Rossi and your extensive hotel review. We sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and St. Petersburg in general. We are really glad that our guests can find rooms to each taste, because one of boutique hotel peculiarities is that there are no absolutely identical room interiors.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you an excellent day.

NYC metro area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

Due to the fires and smoke in Moscow, we had to travel on two overnight trains to get to St. Petersburg. We were exhausted by the time we arrived, but as soon as we got to the Rossi Hotel, we loved it. We mostly stay at boutique hotels, so the compact room size did not bother us. The bathroom was large, the bed was comfy, there was a flat screen tv and a mini-fridge too. The location couldn't be more convenient, right in the heart of the city, yet just far away enough from the noise and hustle & bustle of Nevsky Prospect. The staff is great, especially Svetlana, Sveta and Mikhail, all of whom were very helpful with suggestions and making sure we were comfortable. Whether you visit on business or leisure, the Rossi Hotel is a great place to stay when you're in St. Petersburg.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nyknicksfanatic
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate your contribution and your opinion is extremely important for us as you have great travel experience. My colleagues from reception desk send you warm greetings and their kindest regards. We would be glad to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to St Petersburg and we will do our best to make your stay comfortable.

I wish you a nice day!

College Station
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

I arrived in St Petersburg airport without my luggage, which hadn't made it through Heathrow as quickly as I had. It took me over three hours of waiting in lines in the arrivals area simply to report my luggage missing, by which time the taxi arranged to meet me by the Rossi Hotel had given me up.
A phone call to the hotel quickly produced the taxi again, and I was quickly driven to the Rossi where I was met by a simpathetic young receptionist with a smile (not a very frequently available commodity in Russia I found). Though my lost luggage was obviously not the fault of the hotel, she said that to make up for my discomfort she had upgraded my room to a Standard room (from a "single room"). Thereafter for the next two days, she and the other reception staff made frequent phone calls to the (disfunctional) lost luggage department at the airport -- mostly met by busy signals -- attempting to get my luggage delivered. Their helpfulness and good nature made a very aggravating situation much more bearable.
My room at the hotel was attractively decorated, well equipped and spotlessly clean. It also turned out to be very quiet. Breakfast was included in the price and was a well laid out buffet in the spacious hotel dining room. One great benefit that also came with the room was that on registration I was told that I could give them a "favorite phone number," which I would then be able to call as frequently as I wished and talk for as long as I wished without charge. I gave my home number and called my wife in the States each night, talking for more than 25 minutes. Sure enough, there was no charge!
The only negative that I can think of is that the hotel is located perhaps 5 km from the Hermitage and its surrounding sites. That's a bit of a hike, but it provides an excuse to explore the Nevskiy Prospect.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jchBCS
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us. That was a pleasure for us to welcome you at Rossi boutique hotel. Things do happen, and nobody is 100% protected from luggage loss or things like that – we are living in a dynamic and very complicated world. I am really glad that we have made you feel a bit more comfortable during your waiting.

On behalf of my colleagues once again thank you very much for your warm words about their work and the hotel in general.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

I'm completing my 4 days stay here and there is nothing other than praises that come to mind. Every single experince at this place was either great or fantastic. The staff is superb, food is excellent, rooms are enchanting to say the least - I catulally asked for a tour just to see all the designs.

I think this is how a boutique hotel supposed to look and feel - great job! I'm certainly staying here on my next visit to SPb.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Mi_Jo_Av
Dear Sir,

I really appreciate that you have chosen Rossi Boutique Hotel for your Stay in St. Petersburg. The whole Rossi hotel team sends you warm greetings and wishes you success and prosperity in your business. It would be a great pleasure for us to see you again in the nearest future.

Sergey
Shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

Unlike others that abuse the "boutique hotel" label, Rossi is a genuinely intimate hotel with low-key service, great food and an interesting location.

It's smaller than it appears from the outside with an appropriate number of rooms. We liked the original artwork everywhere, helpful staff and historic charm. If you're staying for more than a couple of days I would suggest avoiding the standard rooms as they can be quite small.

The hotel breakfasts are elegent, simple and fresh. There is lots of choice and you won't be dissappointed. Rossi is located conveniently near the river-cruise landings and directly across the Fontanka from some of the hippest and most interesting neighborhoods. It's a bit farther away from the Hermitage and Neva boat landings than some other hotels.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShanghaiJululu
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your warm words about our hotel. I really glad that we have succeeded to add some positive moments to your impression of St. Petersburg. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Rossi boutique hotel.

Have a nice day!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was in St. Petersburg on business for a week and really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It has all the amenities needed for a successful business trip - comfortable rooms to relax after a long day, free internet, impressive lobby and conference rooms. The restaurant is top notch and convenient to have dinners with business associates. Highly recommended for people travelling on business and are looking for comfortable and classy surroundings.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank WTrav60763
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Dear Sir,

On behalf of Rossi Boutique Hotel I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip. I wish you success in business, enthusiasm and energy for numerous new projects. We would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel.

Have a pleasant day!