All reviews volga river kettle oka personnel kremlin
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel would be a decent place to stay at its “normal” price of about £35-£40 per night. However at its World Cup prices of £200 per night it is a rip off. The Russian Government did promise that it would not allow hotels to vastly inflate their prices during the World Cup and it has, to be fair, fined some of them. However this does not help the actual clients and a price hike of around 400% is a disgrace.
I sincerely hope that the Azimut Hotel has been fined.
My room was just about ok, after a change from my initially allocated room which had no air con. The outside temperature was about 34 degrees C and my first room was hotter than that. To be fair I was moved as soon as I complained and the air con in my new room worked fine.
The small bed was ok but the bathroom was tiny. However the shower worked fine so it was acceptable.
I’d probably give this hotel 3 stars at its normal prices but 2 stars is being generous at the price I paid.
I’ve given it 2 stars because the location is good with some fabulous views from outside over the rivers towards the World Cup Stadium. Also the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gary O
ODiv, AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod Marketing Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Gary,

We received your feedback and would like to extend our sincerest apologies to you for the inconveniences you have suffered. The rates that we offer for the World Cup period correspond to the state policy of price regulation. The Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-Being (or Rospotrebnadzor) has not identified any violations in the price policy of the hotel. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we always strive to improve the quality of our service. Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Best regards, Diveeva Olga

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Classic concrete Soviet hotel has marvellous river views as well as Lenin and the new football stadium on the far bank of the Oka river. The hotel is recently refurbished but still offers large rooms and bathrooms. The hotel is a steep climb if you are walking from the railway station. The kremlin is within walking distance. Staff were superb. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ODiv, Руководитель Службы маркетинга at AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Katesgrove!

Thank you very much for your comments! We are happy to know you have appreciated the advantages of AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod. We hope to see you back very soon.

With kind regards, Olga Diveeva

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I chose this hotel in Nizhny Novgorod because of its position and the city view, and I was very happy! The personnel was very kind and attentive. The food for breakfast and dinner was really very good, as well. I'd suggest to book through their own website, as they have a lot of options and discounts (for example, you may choose if you prefer to have the sight on the rivers (and on the new stadium for the football world cup 2018))

Room tip: maybe the rooms without the view are quieter, but the view is worth a little noise! (and it's nice to hear the bells of the monastery...)
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ODiv, Marketing Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear VieilleDame!

With kind regards,
Olga Diveeva Marketing Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Booked a room there, had to cancel my reservation after coming - main entrance closed so you have to find some door on building's side, ice around very slippery stairs not cleaned or sprayed with sand, lobby literally annihilated, everything inside covered in a concrete dust. Don't plan to stay there until the renovations are over. Upside: no problem with booking cancellation.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Eu K
ODiv, Marketing Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Guest,

We received your feedback and would like to extend our sincerest apologies to you for the inconveniences you have suffered. Customer service is our top priority at AZIMUT, but in this case we failed to provide you with full satisfaction. We are happy to inform you that in April our new SMART Living Lobby is opened. We would like to offer you an upgrade of a room category and complimentary bottle of champagne at your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for your choice of AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod!

Best regards, Diveeva Olga

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

I really liked Azimuth hotel. You get great views from oka and volga rivers. Rooms are new, spacious, comfortable. Great continental breakfast and if you need to have lunch or dinner, prices and food taste are good. Bear in mind that you may need public transport to get to tursitic places or walk up and downhill sometimes. But for me a good place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
ODiv, Marketing Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for your comments! Your opinion is very important to us. We are glad to know you have appreciated the advantages of AZIMUT Hotel Nizhny Novgorod. We hope to see you back very soon.

With kind regards,